Code of Conduct

Default Incorrect places to apply cologne and how many sprays

I sometimes spray a little bit in the AC vents of my car.

Default Re: Incorrect places to apply cologne and how many sprays

Ahem - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/186...ow-many-sprays

Seriously, you really don't have to start a new thread for every question... Look around a bit, there's often an answer somewhere (I DO realize the above thread is a bit different...)

And please don't think I'm just being an ass here. I'm new here too but the #1 rule is, "lurk" and read around... you'll learn a lot. I spent a at least a few weeks around here before even starting to post questions because most of them were already answered somewhere
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 9th February 2010 at 02:15 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I agree with Master-Classter. The number of spray and frags application topics are evergreen on BN and u will find numerous threads on the topic. Try doing a search or check the FAQs.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 9th February 2010 at 01:04 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

So this is one of those "Children are to be seen, but not heard" forums? Good to know.

Demon - Never, ever apply perfume or cologne to your armpits or too close to your 'private areas'...... I knew a chap who tried that (hot date night!) and he was rewarded with a burning sting and a subsequent rash that lasted several days; it ruined his 'hot date' too! As for the a/c vents in your auto, hmmmm..... Creative, but could get pricey as an air freshener.

By the by, in light of this forum's very designation, one would think a little more tolerance could be found for those just starting out. It is, after all, the 'bunny-slope' of the site - Rather unkind, I think, to kick a poor chap down the hill simply because he's not yet mastered the slalom...... Merely an observation.

Cheers,
    c2k

Clalmus2K you joined like 2 months ago and have 6 posts... Not that I'm a seasoned veteran here myself but I noticed multiple new threads from the guy that day on topics that really do come up every few days, and he got all defensive about it and a little rude. I may have come across as a bit harsh but it's only the lack of intonation from the internet medium. again, this is not meant to sound rude or aggressive, just explanative
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 17th February 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Seriously, Master-Classter. 10,000 years from now this post, thread, and forum will be of no consequence. People should keep things in proper perspective, and perhaps lighten up a little. The internet: it's SERIOUS business.

For those so greatly offended, this thread is a reaction to the other thread about a guy who says he needs to apply 20-30 sprays and asks questions about it. Seems people here MISSED the fact that that poster was being tongue-in-cheek or light-hearted about 20-30 applications per day. He was joking, in other words. It was also lost on you that I was approaching this thread in the same light. No offense intended, but if seriousness were cologne, you'd be doused in Canoe.
    Last edited by DEMON; 17th February 2010 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Clalmus2K you joined like 2 months ago and have 6 posts...
    Yes..... And.....??
    Cheers,
    c2k

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star!"

....and that gives him a perceived sense of superiority. No worries, Calamus. I will treat you as an equal.

Seems the welcome wagon approaches newcomers with pitchforks.

No worries here, dear boy....... I'm sure M-C meant no harm. Besides, anyone can have an 'off day' from time to time and before too long I'm sure we'll all be getting along famously! And thank you for your kindness of spirit!
    Cheers,
    c2k

1. one part pissy mood plus one part imagined aggressive tone due to internet communication.

2. I'm not the whole welcome wagon. This group is incredibly welcoming and generous. I'm also used to other boards where it's pretty common practice to direct people to other threads/searches if it's something that is often brought up. I'll work on adjusting.

3. I'm sure we'll all just get along fine too. No hard feeling here (like spotting the blind guy at a nude beach)

Good show, M-C! Lol! Love the analogy too!
    Cheers,
    c2k

Quote Originally Posted by Calamus2K View Post
    Demon - Never, ever apply perfume or cologne to your armpits or too close to your 'private areas'...... I knew a chap who tried that (hot date night!) and he was rewarded with a burning sting and a subsequent rash that lasted several days; it ruined his 'hot date' too! As for the a/c vents in your auto, hmmmm..... Creative, but could get pricey as an air freshener.

hahaha.. that's really funny... I can't imagine how pissed off he was to himself for spraying his cologne at the wrong places

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    3. I'm sure we'll all just get along fine too.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeGoddess View Post
    hahaha.. that's really funny... I can't imagine how pissed off he was to himself for spraying his cologne at the wrong places
    I think this is one of those "I knew a guy who...." stories that is really about Calamus.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    I think this is one of those "I knew a guy who...." stories that is really about Calamus.
    LOL!!! I'll never tell!
    Cheers,
    c2k

LOL!!! I'll never tell!
    hahaha.. Oh, Calamus.. is it really about u??

lets see hmm

the room. i sometimes use my frag as room scents. sometimes.

oh hi demon!

hahaha.. Oh, Calamus.. is it really about u??
    I think we'll just let that one remain a little mystery........ More fun that way, don't you think?
    Cheers,
    c2k

I think we'll just let that one remain a little mystery........ More fun that way, don't you think?

would i be wrong to say that the date was quite...stimulating? :P

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    would i be wrong to say that the date was quite...stimulating? :P
    You rascal, you! LOL!!!!! But I shan't divulge anything further....... To do so would be less than gentlemanly and unfair to my 'friend'.
    Cheers,
    c2k

You rascal, you! LOL!!!!! But I shan't divulge anything further....... To do so would be less than gentlemanly and unfair to my 'friend'.
    awwww cmon we know its you :P

i had my "my friend" phases too. its okay to be honest. its the internet.

brr. i suddenly had the feeling of coaxing someone to drop their towel in the sauna room. opps.

i suddenly had the feeling of coaxing someone to drop their towel in the sauna room. opps.
    I suddenly feel violated!!! Just kidding, of course...... I know it's all in good fun!

But I'm not dropping my towel!....... At least not that easily.
    Cheers,
    c2k

hahaha... are you sure you are being gentleman to your "friend"? or are you just embarassed? hahaha...

hahaha... are you sure you are being gentleman to your "friend"? or are you just embarassed? hahaha...
    haha its definitely him. so obvious :P

lets see hmm

the room. i sometimes use my frag as room scents. sometimes.

oh hi demon!
    Hello, Joey.

I have used it in the restroom out of courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post

Hello, Joey.

I have used it in the restroom out of courtesy.
    nice to meet you =D i'm kinda..new as well. hope we can get along and all :P

i almost killed myself by spraying 6 sprays of kouros in my room. baaaaaaaad idea >_<

you mean u carry a 50ml bottle with you everywhere? cool. i only carry a decant tho.

yeah.. really so obvious.. hahaha... anyway, so much with that. The bottomline is, perfume should not be sprayed at the wrong places..