Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed Aftershave balm owners

For $70, 2.5 oz, how is the quality of this? Does it actually provide a decent amount of fragrance? Does it irritate your skin? Moisturize well?

As you can tell, I'm going for the quality of the lotion as well, not just the smell.

thank you

p.s. if you own the deodorant or the body wash, you can share your thoughts on those too.
    Last edited by G Man; 20th February 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed Aftershave balm owners

Green Irish Tweed only projects for about 3 hours as an EDT then becomes a skin scent. You should expect at most 30 minutes of projection with the aftershave. $70 is an incredible ripoff.

If you want a great aftershave that doesn't irritate your face and moisturizes astonishingly well, all you need is Nivea Sensitive Skin Balm. It comes in a cool glass bottle and costs around $7. It's unscented. Rely on your fragrances if you want to be scented. Also, check out Mitchum unscented roll-on as your deodorant option. That way you won't have any smell competing with your scent of the day. I hope you save your money for more fragrances instead of an expensive aftershave!

Last edited by Spray; 21st February 2010 at 05:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked it up once when I was in travelling in Europe in 2002 - I think it was considerably less than USD 70 when I bought it. Frankly I loved it - I was wearing GIT more or less as my only scent then + very few of these aftershave 'balms' work for me and this one did, but I haven't gone out of my way to re-order it online since. If you are a real fan of GIT then . . .

Thanks for the responses. I actually own most of the accompanying deodorants, after shaves, and showergels of my fragrances I already own. HOWEVER, they came in those giftsets.

I use them occasionally, but I found the only useful ones are the aftershave (since its exposed to the air) and sometimes the deodorant (if it's hot outside and not bundled up in 3 layers of sweaters).

Then again... $70 is alot just for something that wouldn't last nearly as long (content wise, run out fast) as the bottle of the juice.

I think I'll pass, unless there's some nice green irish tweed gift set out there.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I have it and like it a lot - although I paid much less than $70 for it.

BTW - Green Irish Tweed projects on me for well more than 3 hours - all fragrances don't work the same on everyone.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Well i had both the fragrance as well as after shave balm. Being an aftershave balm the smell doesnt last long.It is suitable for only dry skins as it gets too oily.

Cheers!!!

+1 for Nivea - I use the replenishing ASB, it's fabulous stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

It's super pricey, but I must say as you apply it you know that's it a richly loaded AS balm, that's for sure.

Is it worth it? Depends on you and your budget for such things. Certainly the highest quality AS balm I've ever tried.

I'm a wetshaver and it is a first rate product. It very much compliments the EdT. Though it is loaded with the GIT scent, I wouldn't view it used on its own as a frag per se.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 21st February 2010 at 05:56 PM.

thanks for the feedback everybody. I'm again, on edge on whether to purchase an accessory for my GIT. I'm leaning more towards the Deodorant stick now for $57.

I find that I smell deodorants for hours more than an aftershave or showergel (based on my other cologne deo/aftershave/shower gel giftsets).

I have the GIT shaving soap bowl.

It's pretty good for shaving soap, but it doesn't provide much of a lasting scent (as you might imagine with something you wash off with water). I won't be buying another one. Better to use the money toward more GIT and just use a store-bought shaving soap/gel/foam with no fragrance. Neutrogena for Men is my favorite.