Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Cinnamon, cinnamon. My kingdom for some cinnamon.

Ladies and Gentlemen I am, as you know, a devoted wearer of Oriental fragrances so, with this in mind, together with my love for vanilla, incense and heliotrope, I am tempted by the beckoning of sirens in the distant waters suggesting that I buy Costes 2. What think you of this quest?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 20th February 2010 at 06:57 PM.

Default Re: Cinnamon, cinnamon. My kingdom for some cinnamon.

Is Demeter's Cinnamon Bark worse than his Cinnamon Bite?

Just wear your Demeter Cinnamon Bark and add some Molinard Vanilla. Save yourself a few bucks and a "Kingdom"

Last edited by Handsome Toad; 20th February 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Have you sampled it N_Tesla? Definitley sample before purchase on this one. I did not love it, or even really like it. Search for some cinnamon threads for some much better options IMHO.

try some PdN stuff with cinnamon. Some have lots, and it can clearly be felt.

Also: Liz Claiborne-Spark-cinnamon shower gel like, creamy. It's very much alike Scent Intense by Costume National, only instead the pencil shavings note, it has strong cinnamon.

and...Organza Incecence-I think it's totally unisex, since it smells like a cinnamon and walnuts doghnut.
    Last edited by w3pearl; 20th February 2010 at 10:40 PM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

The original Costes has cinnamon, and I like it very much. I have not tried Costes 2, but the reviews I have read do not sound very promising.
    Evenstar

I've only smelled a few frags here and there, lol, but I find Hermessences Ambre Narguile has quite a cinniniininininimon thing going on, along with the rest of it. Seeing as how you like orientals, I'm sure ambers too, I find this one quite different even amonst my many ambers.

Some related threads for more ideas:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/217...-love-cinnamon
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/236...man-s-Cinnamon
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

w3pearl; Organza Incandescence sounds perfect but tough to find. Dillards has a 100ml in a new type bottle for $97.

Quote Originally Posted by w3pearl View Post
    try some PdN stuff with cinnamon. Some have lots, and it can clearly be felt.

Also: Liz Claiborne-Spark-cinnamon shower gel like, creamy. It's very much alike Scent Intense by Costume National, only instead the pencil shavings note, it has strong cinnamon.

and...Organza Incecence-I think it's totally unisex, since it smells like a cinnamon and walnuts doghnut.

How about buying the powerful EL Cinnabar and layer it with vanilla and incense?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

SL Rousse.

CDG White?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Cinnamon, eh?
    Well, perhaps you could try Smell Bent's Horny Little Devil. Plenty of spice in that, in fact it was too much for me at first. And bonus, it's cheap as chips!

I got a few samples from Smell Bent recently. I think they are great value and a lot of fun. No, they are not paying me to say so... ;-)

I didn't find Costes 2 to be a very good fragrance and the cinnamon was definitely not what I think you're looking for.

My favorite cinnamon centered fragrances is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Sienna it is an intense cinnamon stick of a fragrance.

Serge Noire?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Lancome Collection Rouge Now or Never - perfect cinnamon if you can get it (LE).

Sur la Plage

Witness by Jacques Bogart

Top notes are aldehydes, orange, artemisia, coriander, lavender, basil, bergamot and lemon
    Middle notes are honey, carnation, cinnamon, balsam fir, jasmine, rose and geranium
    Base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, benzoin, oakmoss, vanilla, incense, cedar and styrax
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen I am, as you know, a devoted wearer of Oriental fragrances so, with this in mind, together with my love for vanilla, incense and heliotrope, I am tempted by the beckoning of sirens in the distant waters suggesting that I buy Costes 2. What think you of this quest?

It's a good quest. I hope you'll be successful in that!

Nick, you know the "tale" about the House of D'Orsay (rolleyes) but please read about the Femme de Dandy scent. One review shows lots of cinnamon notes!!

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122938.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

DSH Sienna is a major cinammon lozenge scent!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

This came up in a forum on Sonoma Scent Studio:

Femme Jolie with cinnamon...

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26126453.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hillaire

Geisha Rouge is a cinna-bomb.

Eva Pasco

I'm also going to nominate Estee Lauder's Cinnabar:

Top Notes

Jasmine
    Orange Flower
    Tangerine

Middle Notes

Clove
    Muguet
    Lily

Base Notes

Olibanum
    Sandalwood
    Patchouli

I don't think it's mentioned among the notes,but Opium has a lot of cinnamon to it for my nose
    Last edited by ineespenes; 23rd February 2010 at 05:55 PM.

When I think cinnamon, a couple of fragrances come to mind: Comme des Garcons, KL, Opium, Knowing.