Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default L'Eau Serge Lutens

FYI - This is now available for pre-order at Aedes - http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=2640

L'Eau Serge Lutens charts a new direction in fragrance, a return to romance and mystery. According to Lutens, "My intention was not to have it supplant perfume, but to help restore the original pleasure of wearing fragrance."

As a result, L'Eau wraps its wearer like an ethereal mist and evokes the exhilarating sensation of walking in a spring rainstorm, the evanescent scent of freshly starched linen, the delicate vision of white petals on water. Subtle and pure, L'Eau is nonetheless a vivid and memorable fragrance. As the composition unfolds on the skin, it reveals its facets like a perfectly cut diamond; the bracing note of clary sage, the crisp accent of white mint, the seductive allure of white magnolia. Capturing a lasting sensation of freshness, L'Eau retains a marvelously sensual aura.

L'Eau Serge Lutens will ship in the first week of March. Pre-order today to receive complimentary FedEx ground shipping. (Shipping charge will show up on order confirmation and will be deducted once processed)

100ml for $150
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: L'Eau Serge Lutens

Funny looking bottle.

Finally a Serge Lutens in a 100ml bottle!

Its awful, like cheap laundry cleaner. Can you tell I hated it? LOL
    DONNA

I got a sample in my Barney's "bag" from last week. It's familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It's totally unlike SL though.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I got a sample in my Barney's "bag" from last week. It's familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It's totally unlike SL though.
    FM Outrageous!? Gendarme? Am I getting close?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dear Serge,

I think we should start seeing other people.

We'll always have Paris ( well, the Paris Exclusives, at least ).

No love,

Galamb_Borong

I was willing to give this a fair try, but I have to agree with the others, it's not great. It's basically a feminine, floral musk with a milky base. It smells nothing like Gendarme or Puro Lino or even Pleasures, for that matter. It reminds me a bit of Nuit de Cellophane, magnolia instead of osmanthus this time, with a giant slug of water to try and wash it down.
    Contrary to all the fuss, it's not an anti-Lutens. It's just another bad Lutens, too many lately for my comfort level. The almond-anise house note is there in spades; yuk!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd February 2010 at 02:41 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by galamb_borong View Post
    dear serge,

i think we should start seeing other people.

We'll always have paris ( well, the paris exclusives, at least ).

No love,

galamb_borong
    lol

Blog Entries

They've had this at Barneys for a while now.

Yup, it sucks.

The top is that orange aromachemical that smells nice and juicy for a minute, before it goes all artificial and Tang-smelling. Then that dreadful flint/chlorine/metal note that's singlehandedly killed the last 10 years of mens' designer parfumery comes in and takes a massive cheap-smelling dump over the whole thing.

Just f*cking embarassing. I hope this is a massive joke.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I smelled it today on paper. It reminds me of a Kenzo or Issey Miyake, but I can't put my finger on which one. It is just the style that reminds me of those other houses. I don't think it smells overly cheap, not like A Scent by Issey Miyake, for example. But, it came pretty close...

I haven't smelled anything else quite like it. A great fragrance inmo! Just what I've been looking for. I noticed bits and parts of other more ordinary fragrances in this one, but not in this combination and not this well executed.

My bet is that some don't like Serge doing anything as "superficial" as this, nor likes these kind of fragrances.
    Last edited by shifts; 22nd February 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I smelled it today on paper. It reminds me of a Kenzo or Issey Miyake, but I can't put my finger on which one. It is just the style that reminds me of those other houses. I don't think it smells overly cheap, not like A Scent by Issey Miyake, for example. But, it came pretty close...
    Exactly, I instantly thought to myself, it's a variation on Kenzo Flower. I prefer Kenzo Flower.
    Lately, I'm feeling rather douce amere about the SL line.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd February 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds like A Scent, the new Issey Miyake.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Sounds like A Scent, the new Issey Miyake.
    A scent is greener and doesn't smell quite so much like laundry detergent. But yes, they're both very "clean" and similar in feel.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    A scent is greener and doesn't smell quite so much like laundry detergent. But yes, they're both very "clean" and similar in feel.
    Thanks tott.

Mike, L'Eau is citrussy on top while A Scent is galbanum green. I think L'Eau smells a little bit higher in quality.

Funny, A Scent is pretty much disgusting and totally generic to me. Hasn't got a whole lot in common with the SL. Same family maybe, but not much more than that.

Hmmm...I'm very curious and eager to try! Cheers Guys!
    - Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    Funny, A Scent is pretty much disgusting and totally generic to me. Hasn't got a whole lot in common with the SL. Same family maybe, but not much more than that.
    Hmm, I thought they both were rather mediocre. In a way, I was "impressed" with L'Eau in the same way Le Labo Musc 25 "impressed" me as a very boring soapy, musky, light and clean fragrance. Of all the ones that fall into this category (which is a difficult one to succeed in), there are very few that rise to the top for me.

Sounds like Febreze, but I haven't sampled it.

(If you don't know what it is, don't go looking in the fragrance directory, just google it).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

bla,bla,... ethereal mist ...,bla,bla....evanescent ,.....bla,bla.... white petals on water.....,

yawn,....next...
    Last edited by eric; 23rd February 2010 at 05:00 PM.

I just got a sample of this in the mail today... After the top notes (which are kinda generic... at least on first whiff) fade, it smells like a steam iron.

Reminds me of my grandmother at the mangle.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

It's a good thing I'll be one of the few using this. :P

Tried this one today - smells like your typical laundry detergent and laundry sheets. The upside is that it smells great. The downside is that it's the kind of fragrance that makes you ask "so what?"

It's generally a slightly sweet, white musk fragrance no hint of dirtiness whatsoever. There is also a sharp, clean note that I like - it keeps it smelling more like laundry detergent, than fabric softener. All in all, it's a bit hard to describe, but it smells pretty much how I thought it would smell, which is like clean laundry.
    Sales thread here

Blog Entries

I finally tried this Friday at Barney's. It reminds me very much of L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme. Pretty, but pretty ordinary. The one thing that did impress me was its longevity. LpK is ephemeral on my skin, whereas LSL was still detectable after a good 6 hours.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

citrus over a freshly laundered cotton shirt.

Sur la Plage

It's already available at discount sites: http://www.parfum1.com/leau-serge-lu...itm=SLLEAUES34
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's already available at discount sites: http://www.parfum1.com/leau-serge-lu...itm=SLLEAUES34
    Since when did Lutens started appearing on discount sites so fast ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Since when did Lutens started appearing on discount sites so fast ?
    It is interesting, but it isn't exactly a give away price at 10% off.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It is interesting, but it isn't exactly a give away price at 10% off.
    They currently have a promotion to take an extra 10% off. Plus they frequently have 20% or 25% off promotions.

Come on, it's not that bad. It's not that great either, but it's pleasant. Good for hot SoCal summer days. I admit it's expensive for something that is just "pleasant" though.

BINGO

IMO a real disappointment. SL could of done way better than this.

Pleasant summery scent, but more of a Bulgari than a Lutens. Has some depth and good staying power but Id stick to other the other Lutens frags for the money and go for Guerlain or Hermes if its an Eau youre after

I have a sample of this which I've worn two times. I do not like it at all.

I am a big Lutens fan and own full bottles of 20 different Lutens fragrances with plans to buy others. I even like Miel de Bois and Chypre Rouge and Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, which some people consider marginal.

I don't have anything against light or fresh scents, and I enjoy wearing them. But there is something unpleasant about L'Eau. After reading through the above posts I have to say that I prefer the fragrances that are being compared to L'Eau better than L'Eau.

I still have enough left for a couple more wearings. So my final judgment is deferred until then. For now this is the only Lutens fragrance that I actually dislike.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 4th May 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Tried a spritz passing by the Shiseido counter after work today (it has just turned up here) and I quite liked it. Will definitely try it some more, along with the new Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis scent - they both seem to be shooting for the same idea, just a nice summer pick me up in the heat without trying to say too much. They strike me as the sort of thing it would be good to keep at work during a long, hot summer. I think it's great that Lutens has tried something out of his comfort zone - why not?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 4th May 2010 at 04:52 PM.

Got my sample in the mail yesterday...it is my SotD today. This is very nice. It does remind me of Versace Pour Homme quite a bit. But the overwhelming quality of a Serge Lutens product comes streaming through to put this one on a different plane than VPH. I am heavily considering this for my next buy.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Tried a spritz passing by the Shiseido counter after work today (it has just turned up here) and I quite liked it. Will definitely try it some more, along with the new Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis scent - they both seem to be shooting for the same idea, just a nice summer pick me up in the heat without trying to say too much. They strike me as the sort of thing it would be good to keep at work during a long, hot summer. I think it's great that Lutens has tried something out of his comfort zone - why not?
    Yep, just went to Festival Walk to try it, it does smell like clean sheets and i was surprised by the longevity of the scent. I thought the scent would fade away in 2-3 hours but it didnt. Put it on about 5hrs ago and now still linger on my wrist. To me, it would be perfect if they tune down the lemony note a bit to make it more transparent.