Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sur la Plage

Default Re: L'Eau Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It is interesting, but it isn't exactly a give away price at 10% off.
    They currently have a promotion to take an extra 10% off. Plus they frequently have 20% or 25% off promotions.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Come on, it's not that bad. It's not that great either, but it's pleasant. Good for hot SoCal summer days. I admit it's expensive for something that is just "pleasant" though.

BINGO

IMO a real disappointment. SL could of done way better than this.

Pleasant summery scent, but more of a Bulgari than a Lutens. Has some depth and good staying power but Id stick to other the other Lutens frags for the money and go for Guerlain or Hermes if its an Eau youre after

I have a sample of this which I've worn two times. I do not like it at all.

I am a big Lutens fan and own full bottles of 20 different Lutens fragrances with plans to buy others. I even like Miel de Bois and Chypre Rouge and Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, which some people consider marginal.

I don't have anything against light or fresh scents, and I enjoy wearing them. But there is something unpleasant about L'Eau. After reading through the above posts I have to say that I prefer the fragrances that are being compared to L'Eau better than L'Eau.

I still have enough left for a couple more wearings. So my final judgment is deferred until then. For now this is the only Lutens fragrance that I actually dislike.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 4th May 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Tried a spritz passing by the Shiseido counter after work today (it has just turned up here) and I quite liked it. Will definitely try it some more, along with the new Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis scent - they both seem to be shooting for the same idea, just a nice summer pick me up in the heat without trying to say too much. They strike me as the sort of thing it would be good to keep at work during a long, hot summer. I think it's great that Lutens has tried something out of his comfort zone - why not?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 4th May 2010 at 03:52 PM.

Got my sample in the mail yesterday...it is my SotD today. This is very nice. It does remind me of Versace Pour Homme quite a bit. But the overwhelming quality of a Serge Lutens product comes streaming through to put this one on a different plane than VPH. I am heavily considering this for my next buy.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Tried a spritz passing by the Shiseido counter after work today (it has just turned up here) and I quite liked it. Will definitely try it some more, along with the new Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis scent - they both seem to be shooting for the same idea, just a nice summer pick me up in the heat without trying to say too much. They strike me as the sort of thing it would be good to keep at work during a long, hot summer. I think it's great that Lutens has tried something out of his comfort zone - why not?
    Yep, just went to Festival Walk to try it, it does smell like clean sheets and i was surprised by the longevity of the scent. I thought the scent would fade away in 2-3 hours but it didnt. Put it on about 5hrs ago and now still linger on my wrist. To me, it would be perfect if they tune down the lemony note a bit to make it more transparent.