Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Mean while back at the Shalimar...

Mean while back at the Shalimar storage refrigerator I was reorganizing bottles when I came upon a 2.5oz bottle of Shalimar Eau Legere in a plain white box. Not the Lite, mind you, but Eau Legere, blue juice in the newer bottle. I opened the box, which was a tester I had bought at a very cheap price, and sprayed once on my chest. I had forgotten just how warm, lemony, and creamy this version is. So, I started to panic, since I have only the one bottle, and since it is discontinue and replaced by Lite (not so good). Alas, I fear I may be too late but, I will keep a wary eye out for this wonderful juice. Created by Mathilde Laurent it was replaced with the "Lite" version, if I have my story right because of some disagreement before she left Gurelain as I recall. Please correct me if this is wrong. Anyway, the vanilla is perfection incarnate as is the lemon orchestrated by the usual notes of Shalimar playing in accompaniment. How could I have not hoarded this magnificent juice? Know of a source? Please let me know. Try this version and addiction is sure to follow. For men who think Shalimar is just a little to heavy for you, try this one, if you can find it.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 21st February 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Default Re: Mean while back at the Shalimar...

Nick, actually I prefer the Eau Legere EDT to the Shalimar EDT. The Eau Legere is a lot more citrusy. (I have never tried the other versions, however...)

It is indeed like a unisex eau fraiche, with a warm vanilla undertone!

I am currently getting my vanilla fix with Habanita EDT...

For Eau Legere, try outlet stores likeTJ Maxx, Marshall's and perhaps Ross. Have you tried online e-tailers?
    Last edited by Primrose; 21st February 2010 at 02:49 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Rei Rien online store has the shower gel and carded samples but not bottles of eau legere. I've never seen any Guerlain's at my local TJ's etc...

Basenotes Institution

Thanks N_Tesla- one to try . I do love Shalimar in all forms .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I do like the 2006 version ("Shalimar Light") a lot. Have you tried it?

If you haven't you might like to read also what helg wrote on this:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...light-and.html
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

N_Tesla - I'm confused: I have a bottle of Eau Legere (which I love also) but the juice is gold/hay colored, not blue. The atomizer is actually built into the top of the bottle, there is no cap. Press the plastic blue top and juice atomizes out. Is this the one you are describing? If not, could you please post a picture of your bottle?

The blue juice was actually exactly the later reissue. But that Tesla loves it so much perhaps just shows that these two versions are extremely close and difficult distinguish - and equally lovely despite all the fuss

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I've tried the Eau Legere (blue juice) and I agree... it is lovely and the vanilla doesn't feel as dense or syrupy sweet as it does in the EDT. But scent is still unmistakably Shalimar. Amazing, huh?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    The blue juice was actually exactly the later reissue. But that Tesla loves it so much perhaps just shows that these two versions are extremely close and difficult distinguish - and equally lovely despite all the fuss
    That's what I thought.

Blog Entries

mikeperez23; Yes Mike I did get turned around the blue is the later which I do think is good stuff. So, that means I have not tried the first legere. Now I have to find it to make comparison. The jury is still waiting for more evidence. In all honesty though I do stand by my liking for the later version. If the earlier one is even better I must have it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    That's what I thought.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 24th February 2010 at 11:04 PM.

This thread has convinced me that I need to try this stuff! It sounds wonderful. I'm going to look around today and see if I can find a bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    mikeperez23; Yes Mike I did get turned around the blue is the later which I do think is good stuff. So, that means I have not tried the first legere. Now I have to find it to make comparison. The jury is still waiting for more evidence. In all honesty though I do stand by my liking for the later version. If the earlier one is even better I must have it.
    Honestly, I have not smelled the 'blue' juice so I couldn't say whether it's better/worse/the same. To make matters even more confusing, many swear that Eau de Shalimar, which is an entirely different release later on (clear juice, clear bottle) smells the same as the Eau Legere.

Nonetheless, I love my Eau Legere (gold juice). I'm sure you will too.