Code of Conduct

Default Similiar to Versace Blue Jeans

Hi guys,

I really like the smell of Versace's Blue Jeans but I don't find it has great sillage or longevity. Can anyone suggest another fragrance that is similiar but has better sillage and longevity?

Thanks!

Default Re: Similiar to Versace Blue Jeans

Really? I thought most of the Versaces were the crazy synthetic type that have monster sillage/longevity.

No, I don't find that Blue Jeans has a good longevity at all.

Ah, one of my first frags. Almost done the bottle actually, though I'm still a little new at this. Personally I find that it does project pretty well and lasts for a solid number of hours, plus it really morphs from a citurs floral thing to a spicy/woody one over time.

I really like this one and also asked about rec's for something similar. I think you should aim for notes like Lavendar/Jasmine, and Cedar/Sandlewood. To me that's mostly what I pick up.

So say Gucci Pour Homme will give you the peppery smell (like Blue Jean's nutmeg) and the Cedarwood(?) notes. No florals though. Something like YSL L'Homme will give you some of that spicy ginger and violet.

I'm sure others will chime in with better combos found in other frags.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Ah, one of my first frags. Almost done the bottle actually, though I'm still a little new at this. Personally I find that it does project pretty well and lasts for a solid number of hours, plus it really morphs from a citurs floral thing to a spicy/woody one over time.

I really like this one and also asked about rec's for something similar. I think you should aim for notes like Lavendar/Jasmine, and Cedar/Sandlewood. To me that's mostly what I pick up.

So say Gucci Pour Homme will give you the peppery smell (like Blue Jean's nutmeg) and the Cedarwood(?) notes. No florals though. Something like YSL L'Homme will give you some of that spicy ginger and violet.

I'm sure others will chime in with better combos found in other frags.
    I should try that YSL L'Homme - I have seen it mentioned here a number of times. Thanks for the suggestions.

I was going to mention YSL L'homme as well. And Chanel Allure Homme Sport.