Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Question Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Is there anyone here who has bought C E Ferulic and/or B5 Hydrating Gel from Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Apparently their product is an exact replica of the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and B5 Hydrating Gel.
    They claim that both active and inactive ingredients are identical to the far more expensive Skinceuticals products.

    The savings are phenomenal.
    Skinceuticals duo is around US$136 on ebay, whereas
    Cosmetic Skin Solutions duo is around US$60.

    I am wondering if someone has tried Cosmetic Skin Solutions products and found them to be as effective as Skinceuticals?

    Any information would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Has no one tried their products?

    http://cosmeticskinsolutions.com/

    I am so close to ordering CE Ferulic Serum & B5 Hydrating gel from them. Since I have never tried Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum or their B5 Hydrating gel, I won't know the difference in quality, if it's there.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    I just bought Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic serum this week. I also did a lot of internet research to see if this product is legit. I have also used Skinceuticals product before and paid $100. For the Cosmetic Skin Solutins, I paid $40. So far I cannot tell a difference. And the ingredients are identical. I was concerned that maybe they were using an incompatible (non-absorbable) form of the Vitamin C, but no. It uses the same form as Skinceuticals (L-ascorbic acid). Even the percentages of C, E, and ferulic are the same. For the price difference, this is worth a try. If I am still satisfied after using this bottle, I may try some of their other products.

  4. #4
    Hillaire
    Guest

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    I just saw this thread. I love the stuff as it seems to tighten pores really well. I got some in a swap and fell in love, and have stocked up. I read it might lighten my freckling, but it appears for that, it does nothing. Too bad it smells like hotdogs and Compound W!
    I actually bought the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic stuff in 'sample packs' of six for only like 25 dollars on ebay. And it should lastmonths, I use one dropperfull a night and each vial has at least fifteen. I also read that in the larger vials it can go off and get dried out, so the tinier vials are preferable anyway.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 20th April 2010 at 02:47 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    ^ Finally after waiting for months, I bought a set of sample vials of Ferulic CE Serum and B5 gel from ebay. This purchase kept getting pushed behind due to my unexpected fragrance purchases. I am still awaiting the delivery of the package from the UK. Just this morning when I stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, I noticed I have a few large pores concentrated in an area on the both sides of the nose, just under the eyes. Hopefully this stuff will take care of it.

    Hillaire isn't CE Ferulic part of the morning regimen?
    Perhaps that's why it's not helping you with your lines since you are apparently using it at night.
    Here is the link that depicts its usage in the morning
    http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en...m-regimen.aspx

  6. #6
    Hillaire
    Guest

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    ^ Finally after waiting for months, I bought a set of sample vials of Ferulic CE Serum and B5 gel from ebay. This purchase kept getting pushed behind due to my unexpected fragrance purchases. I am still awaiting the delivery of the package from the UK. Just this morning when I stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, I noticed I have a few large pores concentrated in an area on the both sides of the nose, just under the eyes. Hopefully this stuff will take care of it.

    Hillaire isn't CE Ferulic part of the morning regimen?
    Perhaps that's why it's not helping you with your lines since you are apparently using it at night.
    Here is the link that depicts its usage in the morning
    http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en...m-regimen.aspx
    I did not say it didn't help with lines, I said it did not help with freckles/sunspots, which are all over my face -- worse every year -- big time (I have reacted to every bleaching treatment on the market with a horrid rash.). The problem is I don't have a morning regimen (I know ), just a night one, so I do what one lady suggested, and apply it before other serums and let it soak in for ten minutes. I think the stuff really helps with firmness and texture. As for lines, I don't know, as I have discovered a sort-of miracle thing for that -- IS CLinical Youth Serum, which seems to erase fine lines and make deep ones more indentures than creases, so I cannot asses the role of the C serum, which no doubt is contributing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I did not say it didn't help with lines, I said it did not help with freckles/sunspots, which are all over my face -- worse every year -- big time (I have reacted to every bleaching treatment on the market with a horrid rash.). The problem is I don't have a morning regimen (I know ), just a night one, so I do what one lady suggested, and apply it before other serums and let it soak in for ten minutes. I think the stuff really helps with firmness and texture. As for lines, I don't know, as I have discovered a sort-of miracle thing for that -- IS CLinical Youth Serum, which seems to erase fine lines and make deep ones more indentures than creases, so I cannot asses the role of the C serum, which no doubt is contributing.
    Geez....my bad......I always thought freckles was another word for fine lines or wrinkles
    Good to hear that you've found something nice for fine lines....I have just developed these laughter lines that I wish to get rid of...I've just picked up the package containing CE Ferulic and B5 gel....I have chalked out a hardcore AM & PM skin regimen....hopefully using these two with Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5% and there night cream, will show some remarked improvement...

    If the lines don't disappear, I'd have a look at IS Clinical Serum

  8. #8
    Hillaire
    Guest

    Default Re: Skinceuticals vs Cosmetic Skin Solutions?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Geez....my bad......I always thought freckles was another word for fine lines or wrinkles
    Good to hear that you've found something nice for fine lines....I have just developed these laughter lines that I wish to get rid of...I've just picked up the package containing CE Ferulic and B5 gel....I have chalked out a hardcore AM & PM skin regimen....hopefully using these two with Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5% and there night cream, will show some remarked improvement...

    If the lines don't disappear, I'd have a look at IS Clinical Serum
    Oh, I did not realize how I might have sounded edgy. Darned medium! It's funny about our cultural nomenclature, my boyfriend is English and he did not understand why I was complaining about all the spots on my skin. He said, "You don't have any spots." Spots means zits in England.

Similar Threads

  1. Your Favorite Cosmetic Brand?
    By lightgreen22 in forum Cosmetics & Beauty
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 22nd June 2012, 09:39 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th January 2010, 08:17 AM
  3. Solutions for a sweet smelling home
    By Grant in forum Basenotes Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd October 2007, 09:30 PM
  4. Dark eye ring solutions?
    By powerslide in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th May 2006, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •