Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

I'm not offended by a lot of stuff. Neither am I gay, but I cringe for those that are with this fragrance.

New by Perfumes Hedone comes........ Eau-Mo Eau de Toilette Pour Gay.

I kid you not.

*Courtesy of scentedsalamander.

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...mo_eau_de.html
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

I have to get it!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 21st February 2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

Whatever next maybe Eau Mo Eau De Parfum Pour Polygamy - The fragrance for the man who enjoys more than one wife. lol

Basenotes Institution

I ordered a bottle unsniffed!

Just look at that beautiful bottle up there! Have you ever seen anything so unique and original?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Just look at that beautiful bottle up there! Have you ever seen anything so unique and original?
    looool you're kidding right?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Check out the model! http://www.eau-mo.com/
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This one's seems to be targeted towards gay trailer trash. Will their women's fragrance be called Eau Ho?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 21st February 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggles View Post
    this one's seems to be targeted towards gay trailer trash. Will their women's fragrance be called eau ho?
    lol!

EAUMO smells like the first time. An endless journey, a cold shower, an unmade bed. It smells like the man we are inside, the man we'd like to be.

I want this for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have to get it!
    Hell yeah ... me too!
    Hope this is sticky and sweet!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 21st February 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Yeah, I'm not gay... but that would make a FABULOUS gift for my boyfriend!

I would totally buy that just as a novelty for my collection (if it isn't too expensive.) By comparrison, it makes Le Male seem like a straight man's fragrance.

The notes actually sound pretty good (I LOVE nutmeg in a frag) and rather traditionally masculine. I was disappointed with ELDO's Tom of Finland and wanted so badly to love it and I did for the half an hour it lasted.

I'll try it, but then again I'm try-sexual... I'll try anything. If only the model hand-delivered it to your door (*sigh*).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post

I want this for Christmas.
    That would be eau ho ho ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    looool you're kidding right?
    I sure hope he's kidding hahahaha...

removed
    Last edited by Lian; 23rd February 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: offensive

I think ELdO's Tom of Finland has a better marketing approach--being based on ground-breaking art--seeing how all the ELdO scents are blatantly suggestive and tongue-in-cheek.

Will someone share here what the scent really is like, or is this just another novelty marketing approach?
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Marketing like this is great for sales! I used to work at the Gap, and I met a lot of gay guys who would brag about owning a fragrance like this (they used to call each other "girlfriend" lol).

Some people should realise that we are gay , not stupid , really boils my piss junk like this

Although not the most creative notes pyramid, I'd still like to get my hands on a sample of this! Cool find!

It's more expensive than the Chanels for men. I doubt that it is of Chanel quality though.

Another attempt to genderise and categorise scents:

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women
    5. Scents for...people who just wear what they like!

It gets to be rather silly after awhile...
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh my god that site is so cheesy and hilarious. They listed salvia in the notes, LOL. I want to buy a bottle because anyone with enough guts to do something that over-the-top should rake in some serious revenue ahahaha.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

I still can't get over the name. I mean it's one thing to market towards a demographic but Pour Gay? And Eau-Mo, clever as it is, it's incredibly tacky.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Another attempt to genderise and categorise scents:

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women
    5. Scents for...people who just wear what they like!

It gets to be rather silly after awhile...
    The gist of every marketing class I took in college:

If a market has more than one person, it can be subdivided.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

My question is this: if this is marketed specifically to gay men, then what are gay men supposed to smell like?!

Is this actually a serious fragrance, or is this another Vulva For Men type schtick?

Was this created by/for Daffyd from Little Britain?

One spray and your gag reflex is paralyzed; you're ready for action!

The notes sound nice and the model IS rather yummy. However, I do agree with Primrose that the Tom of Finland concept is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggles View Post
    one spray and your gag reflex is paralyzed; you're ready for action!
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

eau no thanks.