Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

I'm not offended by a lot of stuff. Neither am I gay, but I cringe for those that are with this fragrance.

New by Perfumes Hedone comes........ Eau-Mo Eau de Toilette Pour Gay.

I kid you not.

*Courtesy of scentedsalamander.

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...mo_eau_de.html
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

I have to get it!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 21st February 2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Yet another fragrance marketed at the gay demographic, complete with horrible pun.

Whatever next maybe Eau Mo Eau De Parfum Pour Polygamy - The fragrance for the man who enjoys more than one wife. lol

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a bottle unsniffed!

Just look at that beautiful bottle up there! Have you ever seen anything so unique and original?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Just look at that beautiful bottle up there! Have you ever seen anything so unique and original?
    looool you're kidding right?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Check out the model! http://www.eau-mo.com/
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This one's seems to be targeted towards gay trailer trash. Will their women's fragrance be called Eau Ho?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 21st February 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggles View Post
    this one's seems to be targeted towards gay trailer trash. Will their women's fragrance be called eau ho?
    lol!

EAUMO smells like the first time. An endless journey, a cold shower, an unmade bed. It smells like the man we are inside, the man we'd like to be.

I want this for Christmas.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have to get it!
    Hell yeah ... me too!
    Hope this is sticky and sweet!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 21st February 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm not gay... but that would make a FABULOUS gift for my boyfriend!

I would totally buy that just as a novelty for my collection (if it isn't too expensive.) By comparrison, it makes Le Male seem like a straight man's fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

The notes actually sound pretty good (I LOVE nutmeg in a frag) and rather traditionally masculine. I was disappointed with ELDO's Tom of Finland and wanted so badly to love it and I did for the half an hour it lasted.

I'll try it, but then again I'm try-sexual... I'll try anything. If only the model hand-delivered it to your door (*sigh*).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post

I want this for Christmas.
    That would be eau ho ho ho!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    looool you're kidding right?
    I sure hope he's kidding hahahaha...

Post Thanks / Like

removed
    Last edited by Lian; 23rd February 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: offensive

I think ELdO's Tom of Finland has a better marketing approach--being based on ground-breaking art--seeing how all the ELdO scents are blatantly suggestive and tongue-in-cheek.

Will someone share here what the scent really is like, or is this just another novelty marketing approach?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Marketing like this is great for sales! I used to work at the Gap, and I met a lot of gay guys who would brag about owning a fragrance like this (they used to call each other "girlfriend" lol).

Some people should realise that we are gay , not stupid , really boils my piss junk like this

Although not the most creative notes pyramid, I'd still like to get my hands on a sample of this! Cool find!

Post Thanks / Like

It's more expensive than the Chanels for men. I doubt that it is of Chanel quality though.

Another attempt to genderise and categorise scents:

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women
    5. Scents for...people who just wear what they like!

It gets to be rather silly after awhile...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh my god that site is so cheesy and hilarious. They listed salvia in the notes, LOL. I want to buy a bottle because anyone with enough guts to do something that over-the-top should rake in some serious revenue ahahaha.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't get over the name. I mean it's one thing to market towards a demographic but Pour Gay? And Eau-Mo, clever as it is, it's incredibly tacky.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women

The gist of every marketing class I took in college:

If a market has more than one person, it can be subdivided.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

My question is this: if this is marketed specifically to gay men, then what are gay men supposed to smell like?!

Is this actually a serious fragrance, or is this another Vulva For Men type schtick?

Post Thanks / Like

Was this created by/for Daffyd from Little Britain?

One spray and your gag reflex is paralyzed; you're ready for action!

Post Thanks / Like

The notes sound nice and the model IS rather yummy. However, I do agree with Primrose that the Tom of Finland concept is better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ruggles View Post
    one spray and your gag reflex is paralyzed; you're ready for action!
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

eau no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    This one's seems to be targeted towards gay trailer trash. Will their women's fragrance be called Eau Ho?
    No: Les BoHo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Eau no...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Les BoHo.
    Oh yes.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by MFJ; 23rd February 2010 at 09:45 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyway:[/SIZE][/FONT]

1. The male model is no cheesier than the naked women in other perfume ads.

2. The notes sound like a respectable pyramid (although quality is never guaranteed just on that basis)
    . I feel tempted to try it just 'cause it's from Spain!

3. More expensive than Chanel? At $52 USD for 50 ml. and $78.50 USD for 100 ml., the prices are about what most typical designer scents cost where I live.
    Last edited by Lian; 23rd February 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: removed reply to edited post
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Delmar; 22nd February 2010 at 06:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just another blend of cheapo synths embellished with an amateurish attempt at marketing. It seems like a one-man firm (capitalization under € 3100) and they should have checked the correct translation fo "salvia" (i.e. sage) because every second English speaking person is going to think "saliva" . OMO (homophone to Eau Mo) was a detergent in Germany .
    Anyway, if they don't have the guts to do something like "Sécrétions," they should just hang it up.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Had to check my calendar to ensure it was not April 1st.

Seriously, despite the obvious novelty aspect, if you're buying into this marketing hoop-lah, it is no less cringe-worthy than n00bs hoarding the "celebscents".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post

*Courtesy of scentedsalamander.
    Now, why am I reminded of a Tauer scent here?

...."It smells of the man we are inside " ...
    of ?? (excuse me pls., maybe just my English ...)

(More serious now): With just a little imagination EAU*MO must be phonetically perfect for Spanish ears and fine for the rest of 'the continent' also. The makers should be more confident. This fragrance could easily find it's way to the right customers without that 'Pour Gay' stamp! There are enough clubs, discos, gyms and saunas to spread the news. The proverbial 'niche' product, just like Cummings.

The frag description allows to hope for a woody oriental with a soft drydown. I have welcomed next to all Spanish colognes for men before. Why should I not be open for another one? The first Etat Libre waters had also been received with skepticism. And those obvious jokes just couldn't be helped then either. But within no time ELDO were in business! Obviously, their perfumes have met customers' expectations, and that's all it needs.

'POUR GAY ' of course kills whatever finesse there could have been. I am afraid the €1 donation to some Aids fund will hardly mend this unfortunate labeling mistake. Certainly no fragrance is gay because it's labeled that way. Concept would be another story, but why shout it out ?

For those who do not own a copy of Perfumes The Guide:
    I admit I missed the point of A… when it first came out in 1981, partly because it became the first gay masculine fragrance and several years had to pass before the guys learned to use less than half a bottle per day. …****

[
    L. Turin / Guide /Antaeus ] He describes a Paris impression. A review of it in the French Guide of 1992 has been badly missed.
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd February 2010 at 04:02 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    .......they should have checked the correct translation fo "salvia" (i.e. sage) because every second English speaking person is going to think "saliva" .
    Salvia divinorum = L'Homme Sage by Divine?

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women

But taken with a grain of salt a certain smell could be tuned to resemble body odors, which are gender specific. As a straight guy I dont know about the olfactory implications of eau*mo intercourse (wo&men). I missed, regarding legitimate hedonism and the AIDS devotion a top note of latex, though.

well at least this dosent claim to have gay pheromones.

however my gay friend seems to be very interested and excited

1. Scents for women
    2. Scents for men
    3. Scents for gay men
    4. Scents for gay women

you know someone did 1-4 right...?

i am truly speechless at this. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I just got word of their very first flanker..... B'eau N'air. Expect this one to launch just in time for the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merry.waters View Post
    ... I missed, regarding legitimate hedonism and the AIDS devotion a top note of latex, though.
    Nonsense! Latex, leather and whatever else is fetish, and fetish stuff isn't gender specific, nor does it know gay, straight or bi- borderlines.

The 'gay demographic' knows one real division only: top or bottom. The rest is detail. Judging from the respective videos, the concepts of Le Male and Cumming-the Fragrance are directed towards bottoms. EAUMO might be addressing tops mainly, but that is hard to assess based on one advertisement only.
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd February 2010 at 01:29 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

What if butch lesbians find the scent more of a turn on?

btw my friend asked 'saliva? ewww. sweat i like but saliva i must see the head first.'

you gotta love their sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Nonsense! Latex, leather and whatever else is fetsh, and fetish stuff isn't gender specific, nor does it know gay, straight, bi borderlines.

The 'gay demographic' knows one real division only: top or bottom. The rest is detail. Judging from the respective videos, the concepts of Le Male and Cumming-the Fragrance are directed towards bottoms. EAUMO might be addressing tops mainly, but that is hard to assess based on one advertisement only.

Post Thanks / Like

The 'gay demographic' knows one real division only: top or bottom. The rest is detail.
    I'd say this is an oversimplification. There are lots of guys who don't identify as either, and I can't say I see a distinct cultural difference based on ones preferences that way ( it's different in the various kink scenes, but as you said, it's different there for straights, too ).

That being said, I know in a number of cultures top/bottom equates to butch/femme ( Mexico and Turkey are examples I've read about ). That certainly isn't true here in Canada, but may be true where you are; I'm honestly not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...from a straight mans perspective...even I find this ridiculous...stupid really..:S

Sorry for the blatancy..I'm not even gonna consider trying this..:S

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    What if butch lesbians find the scent more of a turn on?
    Just the additional chance all masculine colognes have and good for the producers !

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I'd say this is an oversimplification. There are lots of guys who don't identify as either, and I can't say I see a distinct cultural difference based on ones preferences that way ( it's different in the various kink scenes, but as you said, it's different there for straights, too ).

That being said, I know in a number of cultures top/bottom equates to butch/femme ( Mexico and Turkey are examples I've read about ). That certainly isn't true here in Canada, but may be true where you are; I'm honestly not sure.
    Oversimplification, yes! If this was an entirely different forum I might want to be more discerning. Here we must limit ourselves to simple basics and - fragrance. I suggest you look at the ads or videos of those fragrances mentioned and you will get my point, GalamB.

top/bottom = butch/femme ? In a nutshell, if I must: yes, equation correct. I have not been to Canada, but how could human nature be so different from the USA and Switzerland? We have to make allowances for Turkey due to different historical and religious developments. A vast number of Turks living here do not understand our value system and we have no clue to some of theirs. But again: the formula will most likely be true for Turkey as well.
    By the way, we also know the case of a regular marriage where she wears the trousers, don't we ? As a frag freak, I believe that this would also be reflected in the perfumes this couple likes wearing.
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd February 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    ...and they should have checked the correct translation fo "salvia" (i.e. sage) because every second English speaking person is going to think "saliva" .
    My bet is they left salvia untranslated on purpose to not-so-subtly allude to the hallucinogenic properties of salvia divinorum. I can guarantee you that within a certain age bracket (hopefully, their target market's), a majority of native English speakers will read it like that.

Post Thanks / Like

top/bottom = butch/femme ? In a nutshell, if I must: yes, equation correct. I have not been to Canada, but how could human nature be so different from the USA and Switzerland?
    In my experience, it isn't the case here. I don't think is human nature, which is to say that both here and in the USA I just haven't found top=butch, bottom=femme to be the case. There are certainly couples where this applies, but I've seen the opposite just as often. In the BDSM scene there is a strong correlation between top/bottom and dom/sub, but not butch/femme half so much ( in the leather scene, especially, the masculinity of both tops and bottoms in heavily emphasized, perhaps overemphasized: biker tops are rarely seeking drag queen bottoms, you know? )

Perhaps most important to my point here is that locally, the vast majority are neither tops nor bottoms, they're versatile.

I agree, though, that a discussion of gay male anthropology is probably well beyond the scope of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I actually think "Eau Mo" is a little bit clever and cute, but "Pour Gay"? Really??

Congratulations, you just took a decent play on words and smashed it with a sledgehammer.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 22nd February 2010 at 10:18 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Congratulations, you just took a decent play on words and smashed it with a sledgehammer.

I agree with this completely. The point was made with "Eau Mo" but "pour gay" is redundant. Also, I find labeling the fragrance "pour gay" according to the targeted consumer's sexual preference to be a bit odd. I mean, Kouros Pour Straights, for example, would cause quite an uproar wouldn't it?

But I suppose it's the gimmicks and gadgety of things like this that make the product sell...
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, what except this bottle and name, makes this scent gay? What special ingredient there can possibly exist and that we can consider it gay? If this scent was named differently and had a same bottle we would not be having this conversation. It'd be just some other scent that either most of us like, or not. Pure marketing, nothing more. And yeah, if you storm the perfume shop to try this just because it's ˝gay˝, then you must be very naive, not to say pathetic. I can appreciate a man's love for scent to a degree that he often enjoys women perfumes as well, but this is just way insipid and pathetic.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    I agree with this completely. The point was made with "Eau Mo" but "pour gay" is redundant. Also, I find labeling the fragrance "pour gay" according to the targeted consumer's sexual preference to be a bit odd. I mean, Kouros Pour Straights, for example, would cause quite an uproar wouldn't it?

But I suppose it's the gimmicks and gadgety of things like this that make the product sell...
    Well, but "pour Straights" in our cuture is implied in everything. It's the default option, and therefore, not necessary to state. If you want to gain the attention of people who aren't straight, you have to mark your message to make it recognizable. It's a question of signal-to-noise ratio: for those who aren't straight, the messages to the majority are noise, and not signal.

When it comes to fragrances, at least, I'm bisexual. I've slept with feminine, masculine (straight), and masculine (gay) fragrances. I must admit, I've never been seduced by a lesbian fragrance, though. Are there any?
    Last edited by JaimeB; 22nd February 2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Having read all of these posts, I'm thinking this company created this scent for gay men who have a sense of humor, and who are able to laugh at themselves. Tongue in cheek humor, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    you know someone did 1-4 right...?

i am truly speechless at this. haha
    This ad looks vaguely like the one for the D&G fragrances...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    3. More expensive than Chanel? At $52 USD for 50 ml. and $78.50 USD for 100 ml., the prices are about what most typical designer scents cost where I live.
    The current list price for men's Chanels is $72.00 for 100 ml, according to the Chanel web site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I must admit, I've never been seduced by a lesbian fragrance, though. Are there any?
    Fragrances marketed to lesbians? I am uninformed about that. But, in his review of Rive Gauche pour homme in "Perfumes the A-Z Guide", Luca Turin says Drakkar Noir was "a lesbian emblem in the eighties."
    Snarky is as snarky does.

As a gay man I feel like I should be offended, but "Eau Mo" is kind of clever, and nobody's forcing me to buy or wear this, so...whatever. If it smells good I'll totally go for it. I really don't think scents can get any gayer than Fleur du Male, though.