Code of Conduct

Default Adding "connections" to other related frags in the Directory/Reviews section

Idea here, sort of like the Amazon feature. Basically as part of filling out the review section, once could "link" other frags that might be similar to the discussed one. So the reviewer can select from the directory a few other frags that the reader might also like to try.

Then, as a reader, there could be a new box on the right alongside "other frags by this house" and "same year" that lists "People who reviewed this also think these smell similar".

I suppose this can be done in a roundabout way by clicking on the notes in the pyramid if it's listed, but you end up with a HUGE list of any frag with that note, not really all that relevant IMO.

Just an idea... what do you think?
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 22nd February 2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Adding "connections" to other related frags in the Directory/Reviews section

We did used to have a 'if you like this fragrance, you might also like' based on the wardrobes, but that broke at some point

I hope to have it up again soon

Default Re: Adding "connections" to other related frags in the Directory/Reviews section

As long as I have your attention (insert evil laugh here)...

Something else that's been suggested before which I think could also be useful is the rating of "when" and "who" the frag is for - ie "x% of people say this is a winter/night/mature fragrance"
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    As long as I have your attention (insert evil laugh here)...

Something else that's been suggested before which I think could also be useful is the rating of "when" and "who" the frag is for - ie "x% of people say this is a winter/night/mature fragrance"

What I'd like to see is instead of (or along with) how many people gave it certain thumbs, have the average star rating based on what's in people's wardrobe's.

This would give a much better representation of how good a frag is because I'm sure there are more people rating certain frags in their wardobe than there are people writing reviews.