Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: TOM FORD Private blend

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Count me as another big fan!
    +1. I`m a new member in the club, and I`m very impressed.

Only smelled a couple, but it made me interested in them all, so no negativity from me. I think it is one of the most desired collections in my personal list.

So far the only fragrance I realy love (and bought) out of the collection is Tobacco Vanille. I'm starting to like azure lime but I'll have to test it in the summer first.
    "Now I have become death. The destroyer of worlds"

-J. Robert Oppenheimer-

Quote Originally Posted by Geldachron View Post
    So far the only fragrance I realy love (and bought) out of the collection is Tobacco Vanille. I'm starting to like azure lime but I'll have to test it in the summer first.
    What else have you tested so far?
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I have only tried Tuscan Leather, Tobacco vanille and Noir de Noir. I absolutely love TV, I really like TL and want to sample it a little more before I buy a full bottle and I didn't like Noir de Noir. Tobacco Vanille is one of my top three scents of all time!

I have tried amber absolute, neroli portofino and azure lime. They're really hard to find here so I have buy the samples online....
    "Now I have become death. The destroyer of worlds"

-J. Robert Oppenheimer-

Count me in as a big fan of Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather.

I'm not a fan of the line.

I mean, I'll give him a bit of props for releasing so many "contemporary scents with vintage swag", but despite being strong EDP's....their ingredient quality and overall demeanor is not worthy of half the price he asks. Maybe 35% at best.

That said, I do enjoy Tobacco Vanille despite it being far too sweet. I find myself wearing the inexpensive spicy-gourmand Eav Des Bavx. On nearly every day I would wear Tobacco Vanille.
    Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    +1 here. Azure Lime was horrendous, and Black Orchid has a revolting drydown(IMO) I know Im treading on dangerous ground but its the truth
    I too find Azure Lime to be a complete disaster and ripoff. True first makes the best Lime scent on the market for a scant fraction of the price Tom Fors charges for that synthetic trash.

I am however, in complete disagreement with you regarding Black Orchid. I am and always have been absolutely lustful for it's drydown. It smells sweet, feminine, and downright edible.

I see the Private Blend pricing appears to have been cranked up another few notches.....

250mls are now retailing at 285! They were 270 when last I checked, and I think they only hit that level in the summer.....