Code of Conduct

Default Long lasting lemon/coconut fragrance

Hello!
    I am new to the forum although I’ve been lurking for awhile. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long lasting lemon scented fragrance? I adore Fresh's Sugar but it just doesn't last; it usually fades on me with thirty minutes. I have also tried Marc Jacobs’ Lemon. I don't like this scent as much and it fades also.
    I am also interested in a long lasting coconut fragrance. I have ordered several samples from Lucky Scents including Miss Marisa Tropical, Cococabana, Vanille Coconut and Virgin Island Water. I was also trying to find a sample of Profumi del Forte's Vittoria Apuana but it is almost impossible to obtain in the USA.
    Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated! You have a wonderful community!

Default Re: Long lasting lemon/coconut fragrance

Welcome to Basenotes, Pastilage! I'm sorry, but I don't have any recommendations. However, I'm sure others will come along with ideas. Lemon and coconut sound like they would be yummy together!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Ô de Lancôme comes to mind!

If you're a bold one, try Dior's Dune pour Homme,
    it's topnotes are very fresh, and dosn't stop.
    - it's a strange frag in that way.
    It's a mans perfume, though, but a woman can easily
    pull it off..!

Welcome on board!

Dior's Escale a Portofino starts off with a nice shot of Sicilian Lemon.
    Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique is very coconutty.
    I can't think of a scent that combines both notes you are after!
    Welcome to Basenotes.
    Last edited by kewart; 24th February 2010 at 08:01 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and welcome to you Pastilage!
    I've got nothing to help with coconut scents, but for lemon have you tried Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud or Eau D'Hadrien? although as Eaux, they may not have the longevity you are looking for.

Good luck!

The Different Company's Osmanthus might be worth a try. It's not a coconut fragrance, but it has a facet that reminds me of the note.

2nd Escale a Portofinp, it's quite lasting for a lemon, if you'd also accept grapefruit, try Guerlain's Pamplelune and DKNY woman. clinique Happy, maybe (citrus-floral)?

Coconut: The Bod Shop's coconut creams, butters and coconut oil are lasting and nice, Yves Rocher makes one, too.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Coconut: Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skin Scent
    It is a spicy coconut, a bit milky but still airy. A perfect hot weather/beach fragrance.

Lemon: Escale a Portofino and Escale a Pondichery (the latter with a beautiful black tea note). However, they don't last long on me.
    If you'd accept citrus in general then here are a few recommendations for long-lasting scents:
    Frederick Malle - Cologne Bigarade (I think this was mostly lemon, but I am not sure)
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte (just what the name says)
    Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil (citrusy green delight)
    The Different Company - Bergamote (my favourite summer bergamote fragrance (the winter one is Shalimar EDP))

A few possibilities:

Comptoir Sud Pacifique – Mage d’Orient - Bergamot, Lime, Coconut top notes

Domenico Caraceni - Lorèn Eau de Toilette - Head: Lemon, Tangerine, Orange Heart: Peach, Coconut, Clove, Jasmine, Lily, Plum, Raspberry, Rose, Ylang-Ylang Base: Vanilla, Cinnamon, Heliotrope, Musk

Parfumerie Generale - Cuir Venenum No.3 EdP - Leather, Orange Blossom, Lemon, Coconut, Myrrh, Musk

Profumi del Forte - Vittoria Apuana - Head: Sweet Brasilian Orange, Sicilian Tangerine, Sicilian Bitter Orange. Heart: Coconut, Tiare, Banana Base: Bourbon Vanilla, Ambergris

Coconut Lemongrass from the Coconut Hut which is roll on perfume

Pastilage, Welcome!

I think to get the right combo you're wanting, layering may be your best option, although you might try the CSP that Craig mentioned.
    Don't know why there hasn't been more creativity by perfumers in this area!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Toasted Coconut:

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess.

Luckyscent also has Ipanema by Satellite which is beachy and has coconut, orange, grapefruit, tonka bean, vanilla and patchouli. Maybe sweeter than what you are looking for but could be worth a try.

If you want something bolder try Versace Crystal Noir. It has gardenia and amber but I have been asked if there is coconut in the fragrance too. This is definitely a long lasting perfume!
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 24th February 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Hi and welcome to Basenotes! Doesn't Bath and Bodyworks do a Lime Coconut one? I think you might have to try doing some layering otherwise....
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Wow! Thank you so much for all the great recommendations!

I have some of the CSP line and while they smell amazing, they don't last very long on me. Same with my beloved Sugar by Fresh.

I am intrigued by the Ipanema by Satellite; Escale a Portofino and Lauder's Bronze Goddess are equally interesting. I am awaiting Lucky Scent’s acquisition of Profumi del Forte's Vittoria Apuana. They are willing to sell me a sample as I really don't want to blindly buy a $200.00 bottle of fragrance.

Thank you also for the Hermes; I adore Jo Malone’s Orange Blossom and have been told the Hermes and Prada orange blossom are wonderful, too. I have also tried Goutal’s Neroli and love it, I just would love to find a coconut OR lemon scent that I like as much and that lasts (this seems to be the hard part).

Thanks again for the suggestions; I look forward to trying some new scents! Oh, you are all SO knowledgeable, too. I am just starting to learn about base notes, top notes, etc.

Happily researching these new fragrances,
    Pastilage

BTW, I found out about Lucky Scents from this website, too...

Blog Entries

I'm a guy, but I use a very nice unisex lemon fragrance simply called, "Lemon No.1999" by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary. It's available only in the eau de parfum and it will last all day. It's sold at Bath & Body Works for a mere pittance of around $32.00 USD. Go by and try it....I think you'll like it. Oh, by the way, it smells nothing like a polish cleaner or anything like that. This is the real thing. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Atlanta1; 24th February 2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: named the wrong store

Blog Entries

*Bump* l just found this thread while looking for something else, & just had to recommend Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte, available from Mio Profumo in ltaly. lt's a gorgeous lemon & coconut scent with great sillage, & lasts an extraordinary 10 hours on me. lt's inexpensive & highly recommended!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I defenitely agree on the suggestions on Crystal Noir and Bronze Godess.Please do tell what you find out

I suggest you just go cheap but pleasant, buy the biggest bottle you can find, and carry a purse spray to refresh often.

Cheap but nice lemon: Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom

Cheap but nice coconut: hit BBW or Yves Rocher
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!