Code of Conduct

Default Lunar New Year - Year of the Tiger - what are you wearing for get-togethers and celebrations?

I'm in a culturally diverse urban area where Lunar New Year is much celebrated. There's the parade this weekend, but the whole two-week stretch feels very festive overall. The Asian restaurants are even fuller than usual - I see family groups spanning several generations at tables and waiting on the sidewalks outside. I get on the bus and there's at least a few people taking home bouquets of red quince blossoms. The local banks are savvy enough to lay in a supply of lucky-money envelopes.

If you're going to a gathering this weekend, what scent do you think you'll wear to welcome the Year of the Tiger? Of course there's the obvious pick, Heely's Spirit of the Tiger. Or maybe Ho Hang. Myself, I'm wearing L'Insolent by Charles Jourdan (not Insolence by Guerlain). A discontinued gem, a floral/spicy oriental with a feisty elegance. I love it for its spiky notes of star anise and angelica - it reminds me of those segmented trays holding the traditional sweets assortment for the holiday - candied peels and seeds, etc. And of course the box is red!

Default Re: Lunar New Year - Year of the Tiger - what are you wearing for get-togethers and celebrations?

I don't know, what else do you suggest?

Default Re: Lunar New Year - Year of the Tiger - what are you wearing for get-togethers and celebrations?

What else?! How about Fougere Bengale! La chasse au tigre--a tiger hunt!

Says so right on the Parfums d'Empire Web site!

This is a vintage chuckle:

http://www.nellbutler.com/TIGRESS_W.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th February 2010 at 06:41 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

For year of the tiger, it has to be Heeley - Esprit du Tigre (Spirit of the Tiger) I love it, it's very unusual but I suppose one of those hate or like fragrances

Head: Peppermint, Camphor
    Heart: Cardamom, Clove, Black Pepper
    Base: Cinnamon, Vetiver

Parfumerie Generale's Ombre Fauve fits right in too, I would think.

Coromandel seems in the right spicy/exotic vein as well.

Esprit Du Tigre