Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rumors of Shiseido Basala's death have been greatly exaggerated...

Sorry that I haven't posted as frequently as normal: I've been busy with schoolwork, and I started a job recently (non-fragrance related).

Still, I found news too good to pass up today when I stopped by a new shop here in Fort Wayne called Ruiling's Beauty & Gifts that specializes in Shiseido products. It's only been open for less than a week. While poring over the shelves, I spotted no fewer than three bottles each of Shiseido Basala after-shave lotion and the even rarer Shiseido Basala face wash! They didn't have the EdT, but I asked when I told them about how much us folks on Basenotes love the scent. Then, the owner said that they will try to get some in as part of their next shipment. (I also happened to introduce her to Basenotes then.)

I guess there is hope for Basala fans after all and the scent has NOT been discontinued as some here have said. You just have to look in the right places!
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Default Re: Rumors of Shiseido Basala's death have been greatly exaggerated...

There is a Shiseido store near me that has Basala after-shave, as well as face cleansing foam and self-tanning gel, but edt is nowhere to be found.

I want the edt.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I'm afraid Furriner is right. These products are the leftovers that didn't normally sell well.
    The EDT is nowhere to be found. I wish we could find an alternative for this but I haven't had any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

MFfan310......some of us have been scouring the earth for the EDT for some time now. Please take a look at this thread ---> http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...scussionid=136 . I really do think that Basala is now extinct.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Same here in Europe - I found Basala balms, washes and after shave, but no EDTs. Its gone fo' sho'.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 25th February 2010 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear. I had a bottle of this and I lost it. I didn't really like it at the time -I thought it was like Xeryus Rouge with sandalwood, but now that I think I would actually like it, it's gone. Is there a kicking myself in the arse emoticon?

It's only reasonable that it is discontinued. Everything good that is mass market bites the dust in order to make room for skin friendly air fresheners. Basala was replaced by the horrible Zen!
    Last edited by cpk; 25th February 2010 at 12:43 PM.

sean-dt: "Is there a kicking myself in the arse emoticon?"
    Yes! I've seen it. Please find it and use it...this is so sad.
    Meanwhile, seriously, has anyone found anything that resembles Basala? The fruity-spicy-smokey-pipe tobacco-vanilla-sandalwood? All done in an all-weather, understated way? Sometimes I feel some aspects of SL Gris Clair remind me of it but it's not the same.