Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Has a Fragrance Ever Made You Violently Ill?

I was at a Chris Rock show, and the woman next to me had the worse smelling perfume on...it made me so sick that I had to get up and walk around outside until the show was over...

My used socks'fragrance makes me feel nauseous sometimes, not violently ill though.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I have never been made violently ill from a fragrance, but Perfumerie Generale's Cuir Venenum certainly makes me queasy.

Nearly, I'm pretty sure it was my fault though rather than the fragrances. I was sampling at a department store, and I think I wound up accidentally layering Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas and Gucci Envy on my upper arm.

NOT a good idea.
    I refuse to sink.

I almost puked at the train home, after i tested gucci ph1 on one wrist, and burberry touch on the other :S..
    My worst fragrance day ever

Yes, several have made me ill
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Never sick or a headache.
    Same here. Never either never once.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Since my trip to Barney's I scrubbed everything off but I'm still getting whiffs of the deadly combination I put together. Some imaginary, I'm sure. Shame I ruined some fragrances which, individually, could be very nice. I even put on the jacket I wore that night and some of the scent came back, immediately making me gag. Thanks all for your input, glad I'm not an anomaly. I've been a cop for 12 years and nothing I've seen has made me gag or throw up. Leave it to a trip to Barney's...

Serge Noire made me nauseous and have to wash my hand immediately, I thought that was something wrong with the sample, I have to throw it away, it was awful.

Angel (men's and women's) and Opium Pour Homme both make me sick to my stomach. I've retched but not actually vomited.

PawelL

I'm not sure if that qualifies as 'violently ill' but I almost left a concert hall once, because of a 'lady' who'd bathed in her Gaultier.
    Gag-inducingly horrible.

Over-application of Dolce Gabbana PH made me almost puke.

L'Eau de Issey Pour Homme gives me a splitting headache.

Blog Entries

Most strong fragrances will give me a headache at first, but I've mostly expanded my smelling capacity to handle those (see my wardrobe).

Some fragrances still kick my ass though, usually a Mugler or anything with patchouli. My body has to get used to it over a period of time.

Most cheap synthetics will give me a headache and make me dizzy

A*Men made me nauseous when I first tried it.

Every now and then a certain fragrance will turn on me and I can't stand it. A day or two later I'll love it. I think it all depends on how I'm already feeling. Since I own mostly sweet fragrances, a day where my stomach isn't doing to good can really suck when I've got A*Men on.
    Thank god i've got Mugler Cologne for my off days

Fahrenheit. Didn't actually make me puke, but it was close. When I came home I tried to wash it off - I couldn't, then I took Rakia (strong alcohol drink typical for Balcan area) and I rubbed it on the spot - barely made it, but still felt whiffs of that evil potion.

The fragrance of the person I was sat next to, that smelt of rotten oranges to me, made me want to be sick. Fortunately he got off the bus pretty quickly, or there may have been a rather unpleasant sight.
    Call me George, my Mum does!
    Looking for bottles/large decants: A&F Fierce, Hollister Jake, Platinum Egoiste, L'instant de Guerlain. PM me

Stetson
    Brut
    Jovan Musk
    etc

Basically any of those old man scents

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    The fragrance of the person I was sat next to, that smelt of rotten oranges to me, made me want to be sick. Fortunately he got off the bus pretty quickly, or there may have been a rather unpleasant sight.
    Terre de Hermes?

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Terre de Hermes?
    I've tried it before, will seemingly no ill effects. It smelled pretty cheap as well.
    Call me George, my Mum does!
    Looking for bottles/large decants: A&F Fierce, Hollister Jake, Platinum Egoiste, L'instant de Guerlain. PM me

Paul Sebastian Design. I felt like I had a flu coming on after wearing it for a few hours.

Not ill, but I've had to scrub off:
    GIT
    CW
    AdP Colonia Intensa
    Guerlain Heritage
    Penhaligon's LP No. 9

Pussie$

can't see how a frag alone could make you ill unless you picked up some coliforms by touching handles at the stores

however, Tom Ford extreme makes me nauseated without fail

Two fragrances have not so much made me violently ill, that would be an exaggeration, but two have made me nauseous.

One was A Men

The other was Tobacco Vanille, which just made me feel very sick to the point I had to wash it off.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Angel Men, Women & Child have all made me ill. I don't know what it is. It reminds me of sitting in a 10x10 Turkish prison cell, with rubber walls, naked and eating cabbage and noodles with 5 people....not that I've ever done that before.
    Currently wearing: Musk Pure by Tom Ford

Clive Christian's X gives me a slight touch of nausea. I still wear it occasionally but I keep my distance. I used to disregard this phenomena when reported by others, but now I think it's real. Wish I knew what makes us do that.

I had sprayed Nasomatto's Black Afghano on my hand and somehow got it into my mouth and it made me sick. Some advice - DO NOT EAT THE FRAGRANCE! After that experience I could never wear Black Afghano again and I can still recall the poisonous taste of the stuff. Yuch.

I've gotten migraines from Chanel Egoiste Platinum and Guerlain Heritage. I think they both smell pretty good, there's just something in them that doesn't agree with me.

There are 2 fragrances that turned my stomach when I smelled them (but not to the point of vomiting), one being Jicky and the other Montale Oud Pur Oriental.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Muscs Koublai Kahn came close. That stuff is horrid. I keep a small vial of it with me at all times in case I see someone I really hate and then I dump it all over them muhahahaah.

I am surprised that no one mentioned the obvious - Secretions Magnifiques. As someone who likes dark, evil and intense frags - I thought I would order a sample decant of this and give it a shot after how many times it has been mentioned on here. I sprayed my wrist to test and at first it was weird but not bad. I let it settle and about 10 minutes later - wow - it was really bad. My eyes started tearing (and remember I'm the one who does 3-4 sprays of Black Afgano for a big night). After 15 minutes - I decided to wash it off. Even with my menthe bodywash - I couldnt totally get it off.

Just so I wasn't crazy, the next day - I decided to just smell the sprayer on the vial - it makes me gag.

I like fsface's idea and will keep the vial at the house just to show people how disgusting a frag can be.