Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What's the best by Parfum d'Empire?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ambre Russe

35 46.05%
  • Aziyade

4 5.26%
  • 3 Fleurs

1 1.32%
  • Cuir Ottoman

26 34.21%
  • Eau Suave

1 1.32%
  • Eau de Glorie

9 11.84%
  • Equistrius

4 5.26%
  • Fougère Bengale

15 19.74%
  • Iksander

12 15.79%
  • Osmanthus Interdite

4 5.26%
  • Wazamba

6 7.89%
  • Yuzu Fou

2 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Parfum d'Empire

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Parfum d'Empire

Good morning everyone

My craving for Cuir Ottoman today, which consequently became my SotD, has made me wonder which of Marc Antoine Corticchiatos creations do you like best?
    I have been more and more drawn to this house as time and sampling went by. If money wasnt so much of a factor I would by now own at least 5:
    Ottoman
    Iksander
    Ambre Russe
    Wazamba
    and my recent love Aziyade.

This being said I would love to see opinions and discussions about your love/hate/indifference for this house.
    Whats your favourite, which really stands out and why?

My most beloved one is probably Cuir Ottoman, which I own a travel size of, because of its oh-so-soft interpretation of leather. Having tested Knize10 (gold) right before, this floral, luscious fragrance was a hell of a suprise. Not the smell of a leather jacket but what I imagine as the smell of slightly perfumed leather gloves from venice some 150 year ago.

Please share, I'm really curious!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Parfum d'Empire

My Wife has Cuir Ottoman and I have Fougere Bengale and Wazamba. The rest of the line doesn't do much for me.

Post Thanks / Like

And there off, in the Parfum d'Empire stakes.

Fougere Bengale has started well, followed by Cuir Ottoman a length back!
    With the filly Aziyade, the colt Wazamba and the old war horse Eau de Gloir a further half length back!
    The pack trails but there are big expectations of the big gelding Ambre Russe a gorgeous creature just full of life and the bookies favorite!
    Yuzu Fou the ugly 100 to one shot is trailing the fiield and with any luck we'll be calling for the curtain for it before the end of the race.
    You'ld think Equestrius would be a chance but some how I think his race is run.......and we've only just started!

While my vote goes to Fougere Bengale, I'ld love to have a second vote for Ambre Russe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, you have more than one vote make it a tie then!

FB is simply unique, in a class of its own.
    CO is the definite leather for me. I don't think it is typically floral. Knize 10 is more floral to my nose. CO is an odd marriage between stinking leather and soft iris. I even get some petrol opening notes. The result is a match made in heaven. Masculine and feminine at the same time, depending on whether one focuses on the leather or the iris aspect.
    Equistrius is more floral leather to me. More sheer than the ones previously mentioned but has the same character. They all make you feel that the scent doesn't project only from the places it was applied on but rather creeps all over the body and covers you with a fine blanket of perfume.
    AR is rich! I could love it but this type of amber in a fragrance makes me feel sad.
    I haven't tried Wazamba and Aziyade.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Ambre Russe is fantastic!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

I am exploring this house with much interest! I have a bottle of Eau De Goire, and I just bought a bottle of Equistrius (can't wait for it to arrive). My first encounter with Parfum d'Empire was a decant of Ambre Russe - simply glorious. Opens with bitter-ish dry dark Chocolate and morphs into a whiskey-leather amber. I don't know man, but Parfum d'empire seems to have hogged my attention a lot lately.

I agrree. I think it is one of the most interesting houses at the moment.

I have the entire line in my collection and love what this house does with its creations..

Cuir Ottoman is just wonderful. Spicy, warm, leathery goodness.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir Ottoman, Ambre Russe, and Fougere Bengale are some of my all-time favorite fragrances. The only other one I've tried, Eau de Gloire, didn't do much for me, but was okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For those who haven't seen the AZIYADE thread i would like to post what I said about it:

The first thing that hit me was the dirtiest, most armpit-like musky vibe I smelled since MKK. I went back to the site of thedifferentscent and was more than suprised seeing that they dont even list musk as a note. It's listed as a factor here on the directory but that cant have been a little musk in the base shining through so I guess I finally found out the dirty character of cumin, some have mentioned here a while back.

This being said I'm thoroughly enjoying.I'm generally not a fan of too heavy and right-in-your-face-indian-spicy-store smells but the amount is artistically balanced with dried fruits, sweetness and what I would call the self assured way not to care what people think about it. I mean it in a positive way, the same way I would daresay extrovert artist dont really care what people think.
    And that aspect makes it great, unique, well, niche.
    Very, very nice indeed!

To me this describes exactly how they handle the idea of making niche at this little house.
    Creative, innovative, special.

I didnt know it had that much of acknowledgement and reputation here on BN though

Post Thanks / Like

The only Pd’E scent that I adore is Ambre Russe. I could say that I love Fougère Bengale and Equistrius and like Iskander, Cuir Ottoman, Yuzu Fou (it is not something special but it could be pretty useful), Aziyadé, Osmanthus Interdite (I really like this one, but I didn’t buy it because it’s just too feminine for my standards) and Eau de Gloire. I am indifferent to Wazamba and I can’t stand Eau Suave and 3 Fleurs.

Overall, I voted for Ambre Russe, Fougère Bengale and Equistrius.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir Ottoman, I really love that one.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

So far, Cuir Ottoman is my fav, with its warm leather/jasmine/iris and slightly animalic notes over (I sense, anyhow) benzoin. Very elegant and sensual.

I *may* have a new favourite, as I am sampling Ambre Russe this week!
    Last edited by Primrose; 25th February 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

To each own, but i had a Fougère Bengale sample and didn't like it and could not give it away free to 5 other co workers.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir Ottoman is in a league of it's own, IMO, when it comes to leathers. I dislike Ambre Russe (I think I'm the only one!), and am indifferent to Wazamba. I'm very interested in trying Eau de Gloire and Equistrius.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Cuir Ottoman is in a league of it's own, IMO, when it comes to leathers. I dislike Ambre Russe (I think I'm the only one!), and am indifferent to Wazamba. I'm very interested in trying Eau de Gloire and Equistrius.

I feel exactly as you do about the three you mentioned, so I hope you enjoy Eau de Gloire when you try it. It's my favorite from this house. I also own and love Cuir Ottoman and Fougere Bengale.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Iskander, Osmanthus Interdite and Wazamba.
    I tried to like Aziyade, but it is too dirty. I did not like 3 Flleurs and Yuzu Fou.
    Eau de Glorie and Eau Suave were ok, but did not move me.
    Ambre Russe is beautiful and perhaps my next PdE purchase.
    I have not tried Cuir Ottoman, Equistrius or F Bengale. Perhaps on my next trip to Scent Bar.
    Evenstar

Yuzu Fou.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 4th August 2011 at 04:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

At the finish post it's Ambre Rousse by half a length to Fougere Bengale, with Cuir Ottoman a head further back!
    The reest of the field has trailed badly with 3 Fleurs stone motherless last.
    Yes boys and girls of all ages the three top weights have come home and while they were all well ridden the class of the big gelding has shone through!

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

CPK, I believe you have sampled Yuzu and Osmanthus as well? Could I trouble you to share a brief impression of each? I am just assuming you did not really enjoy/were not too impressed by those 2, since you hadn't mentioned them.

Quote Originally Posted by dacha View Post
    At the finish post it's Ambre Rousse by half a length to Fougere Bengale, with Cuir Ottoman a head further back!
    The reest of the field has trailed badly with 3 Fleurs stone motherless last.
    Yes boys and girls of all ages the three top weights have come home and while they were all well ridden the class of the big gelding has shone through!
    Why a gelding? Ambre Russe is about as much as a stallion as anything! LOL! It's a virile incense with minglings of leather, some say tobacco, and a top note of liquor, to boot!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Ha, matthewfoo you caught me there. I have sampled them but up until a few days ago I was caught in "should I buy CO, should I not" state of mind every time I was near the PdE stand. I was not impressed but that doesn't really mean anything. Now that I gave in and own CO I will go back and let you know.
    Last edited by cpk; 26th February 2010 at 09:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only tried FB & Iskander... Of the two, I prefer Iskander...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Why a gelding? Ambre Russe is about as much as a stallion as anything! LOL! It's a virile incense with minglings of leather, some say tobacco, and a top note of liquor, to boot!
    Hello Primrose, without doubt it's a gorgeous thing, I can't decide whether it's masculine or feminine, though I prefer it on a women....it smells like one hell of a party! I can well imagine it as the sort of thing Frankenfurter would want to wear!

In trying to stick with the horse racing anology the best I could come up with was a gelding, a magnificent big amber/bay gelding. In the real world any stock of indeterminate sexuality is quietly knocked on the head. A bad analogy.
    Last edited by dacha; 27th February 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Ha, matthewfoo you caught me there. I have sampled them but up until a few days ago I was caught in "should I buy CO, should I not" state of mind every time I was near the PdE stand. I was not impressed but that doesn't really mean anything. Now that I gave in and own CO I will go back and let you know.
    No problem! I am just really curious about the rest of their scents, and always valued your impressions. Since we don't have a PdE counter/section here, it makes me all the more excited to read/hear opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I feel exactly as you do about the three you mentioned, so I hope you enjoy Eau de Gloire when you try it. It's my favorite from this house. I also own and love Cuir Ottoman and Fougere Bengale.
    Hey Tony, you were right! I absolutely LOVE Eau de Gloire, and will be most definitely adding it to my wardrobe in the near future. It's just a beautiful fragrance.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    No problem! I am just really curious about the rest of their scents, and always valued your impressions. Since we don't have a PdE counter/section here, it makes me all the more excited to read/hear opinions.
    Getting back with my first impressions on those two.
    Yuzu Fou is an interesting, dense citrus
    Osmanthus is a cute little floral
    I also tried 3 Fleurs. This one made me wonder "why?". Really something not memorable. Almost as if they HAD to add another floral to the line. Nowhere near the creativiry of FB, CO, E and AR
    Last edited by cpk; 29th March 2010 at 12:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Ambre Russe, one of the most complex boozy fragrances that I've ever used

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Getting back with my first impressions on those two.
    Yuzu Fou is an interesting, dense citrus
    Osmanthus is a cute little floral
    I also tried 3 Fleurs. This one made me wonder "why?". Really something not memorable. Almost as if they HAD to add another floral to the line. Nowhere near the creativiry of FB, CO, E and AR
    Thanks for getting back, CPK, I really appreciate it!

Actually, now, the fact that you mentioned Fougere Bengale favorably twice along the likes of CO, Equistrius and Ambre Russe, makes me feel like blind buying it. I've already added CO and AR to my wardrobe, and I just feel like FB = Full-worthy Blind.

I think I may sample Yuzu Fou some time later. Osmanthus and 3 fleurs, from your take on it, I'm not sure they will fascinate me. But again, thanks for getting back, you have motivated me to explore the rest of PdE.
    Last edited by MFJ; 29th March 2010 at 05:22 AM.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of Ambre Russe (titanic boozy amber) and Eau Gloire. (underrated twist on the cologne genre - one of the best!)

I used to own 4 bottles of PdEs, (AR, EG, C. Ottoman, Wazamba) but now I'm down to just a bottle of Eau Gloire and a decant of Ambre Russe. I prefer Ambre Russe over Ambre Sultan, but Fille en Aiguilles over Wazamba.

And Matt... don't get too distracted with blind buys! :P
    Last edited by moltening; 29th March 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    I am a big fan of Ambre Russe (titanic boozy amber) and Eau Gloire. (underrated twist on the cologne genre - one of the best!)

I used to own 4 bottles of PdEs, (AR, EG, C. Ottoman, Wazamba) but now I'm down to just a bottle of Eau Gloire and a decant of Ambre Russe. I prefer Ambre Russe over Ambre Sultan, but Fille en Aiguilles over Wazamba.

And Matt... don't get too distracted with blind buys! :P
    *Needs to stay focused*
    Last edited by MFJ; 30th March 2010 at 01:30 AM.

Nonsense Buying blind is fun. Do it with FB if you are prepaired for a hardcore dry, herbal, tobacco scent with some curry overtones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Need to bump.

I am extremely unhappy right now as I was lazily watching an auction of Eau de Gloire a few minutes back, intending to go as low as possible to a certain point. Seeing that I promised myself to cut back on the purchases and the fact that EdG wasnt even on my top 5 of next buys that point was set to 45 € shipped.
    Well, getting a little concerned i dug out my sample of it, put it on and realised, just a second to late, that I would easily pay 1 1/2 times that much if I could get my hands on it. Naturally it went for 45,50.
    Great spicy approach towards Cologne and Marc Antoine Corticchiato certainly likes his cuming.

Boy, I never felt so bad about a missed deal.
    Usually I'm on the other side in case of a 50/50 and the guilt feels certainly MUCH better than this bitter disappointment.
    Especially since PdE are anything but frequently spotted on the bay.

Forget to say, after My big bottle of Ambre Russe, my two small ones of CO and Wazamba this might be another winner. I said it a year ago, I'l say it again : what a great house!
    Smellin good

Post Thanks / Like

I've recently started investigating this house and so far have Ambre Russe and FB samples with a sample of Wazamba on its way. Impressed so far but still not sure if i'd feel comfortable wearing FB and am also struggling to decide whether i prefer ambre russe or ambre sultan at the moment, they are both fantastic.

I feel your pain timaru, i once saw a 15ml sample of le labos' rose 31 (which i've wanted to try for a long time) on eBay for £8 buy it now (think its £36 on their website). I got distracted by something else, came back 20 mins later and it was gone. It still haunts me.

Eau de Gloire appears uite often at ebay at that price. Be patient. You'll find another one.
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale