Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: The Road To The Final Spritz Guerlain Region Preview

BMM10: Guerlain Region Preview

Somerville Metro Man in the Spritz Center getting ready to take a look at the match-ups in the Guerlain Region. Before we get started I just want to remind everyone reading who hasnít done so to get those brackets in for the prediction contest at the following link:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/245...ght=prediction
    bluesoul has got some fun planned for those who enter.

Now, on to our regularly scheduled show as we look at the Guerlain Region. The top seed is Thierry Mugler A*Men and it has been handed the most favorable draw of any of the #1 seeds as it doesnít look like there is any fragrance that will stand in its way until the Regional Final. I expect A*Men to put an end to the prayers of LíArtisan Dzing and the winner of the Azzaro pour Homme/ Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male match. The eventual opponent in the regional semifinal would look to be the other Jean-Paul Gaultier fragrance in the region Fleur du Male. No matter what, this is by far the weakest sub-region in the tournament and A*Men will stroll into the Regional final with ease.

The other half of the bracket might be the toughest sub-region in the tournament. Especially if we get the expected second-round match-ups of the defending champion Guerlain Habit Rouge vs. Knize Ten and Chanel Egoiste vs. Terre DíHermes. Those match-ups are a worthy four to be in The Final Spritz and that they are likely to happen in the second round makes this commentator wonder what the committee was thinking placing them all bunched together. As a fragrance fan these matches will be fun to watch, if they come to be, but as someone who thinks they should happen later in the tournament I think the committee goofed in overloading this sub-region. Iím thinking weíre going to get a Habit Rouge/Terre DíHermes regional semifinal and whoever wins that will finally give A*Men some competition. Iím thinking the red coats of Habit Rouge will prevail in this very tough road the committee has laid out for the defending champs.
    Thatís it for the Guerlain Region Preview, back tomorrow with the last preview for the Comme des Garcons Region.
    Remember to get those predictions in.
    Until tomorrow, Somerville Metro ManÖOut!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BMM10: The Road To The Final Spritz Guerlain Region Preview

There are several games in this region that are up in the air according to the prediction contest, most notably the Azzaro PH/Le Male, Knize Ten/Musc Ravageur, and Egoiste/Blenheim Bouquet matchups all have a fair amount of predictions both ways. A*Men's position after Round 1 is not quite as cut and dried as you may think, there's only one prediction separating A*Men from Azzaro Pour Homme as the winner of Round 2.

And I'm fairly sure this came through in the schedule/contest thread but I actually exercise very little control over what matchups occur, it's determined by the seed and how they arrived at that seed. I will plead guilty in pairing up No. 88 and Rose 31 in the Play-In but everything else is simply how the brackets worked out. It's just as well, or I'd work it so Havana got a free pass to the Fragrant Four. The same over/under-loading of a bracket occurs every year in the NCAA tournament as well so it's nice to be in some esteemed company with one's problems.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

The Red Coat takes it all the way to the final four. No contest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This was definitely the most challenging bracket for me, right from the beginning with A*Men vs Dzing!. Since I don't like chocolate in fragrance, I went with Dzing!, even though I suspect A*Men is more popular. I did that a lot this year-- going with personal preferences more so than what I think to be the likely favorites, but of course I reversed that intention that on the very next match-up and for some reason decided to pick L'E d'I over FdM, which I wear now and then. Ah, well. I'm looking forward to the fun!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous