Code of Conduct

Default Dab Vial Samples and atomizers.

Sometimes I'll buy bulk cologne samples off of E-bay that don't have the
    little sprayers on top. I get discouraged, because I'll try to pour a bit
    on my hand and end up with more than I want.

So the question is, should I buy some type of empty atomizer, say maybe
    a 10 ml size, and then pour 4 or 5 sample vials into it? Do empty spray
    atomizers seal well enought to prevent evaporation? I also have a
    10 ml decant sample of Fumerie Turque that has a rather large vial
    opening. I would be much more inclined to use it if I could maybe transfer
    it to a more traditional spray top bottle.
    My last question on this topic is whether I can somehow transfer cologne
    from say a 4 ounce spray bottle into a little 10 ml size.

Dependent

Default Re: Dab Vial Samples and atomizers.

Hey BradW,

Check out: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...DER/Categories (from accessories for fragrances . com) for some glass atomizer options. Good atomizers should seal well, won't leak or allow significant evaporation. You could decant juice from your 4.oz bottle into atomizers of any size. It is completely up to your preference. I kind of like 10ml atomizers so I can bring them around. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sure you could transfer samples of the same fragrance from vials to atomizers, I think many people do that, it makes sampling/testing easier.
    Last edited by MFJ; 22nd February 2010 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks for the input and also the store link. I went ahead and bought
    myself 3 of the 10 ml atomizers. At about $5 a pop, I kinda hope that
    they are reusable as well.

Dependent

Most welcome! Regarding reusing, it wouldn't be a problem if you refill an atomizer with the same scent, but from personal experience, no matter how much I wash and soak my atomizers, the lingering scent from the previous juice kind of stays on to some extent, and when I fill it with a different juice and spray it on myself, I tend to detect traces of the previous juice, sometimes faintly, sometimes more prominently, depending on the juices used before and after. I avoid doing that now because I don't want to risk "tainting" my juices.
    Last edited by MFJ; 22nd February 2010 at 04:14 PM.

I got a chance to try e-bay this evening. I ordered 20 5ml glass atomizers for $25. As long as they work OK,
    I should pretty much be set for life with the empty atomizers. No more worrys about trying to sanitize a
    tiny bottle. But I ended up spending close to $40 on empty atomizers. My goodness, I could have spent that
    money on another full size bottle like the sex panther that I've been mulling over now for a few days.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Most welcome! Regarding reusing, it wouldn't be a problem if you refill an atomizer with the same scent, but from personal experience, no matter how much I wash and soak my atomizers, the lingering scent from the previous juice kind of stays on to some extent, and when I fill it with a different juice and spray it on myself, I tend to detect traces of the previous juice, sometimes faintly, sometimes more prominently, depending on the juices used before and after. I avoid doing that now because I don't want to risk "tainting" my juices.
    I totally agree with matthewfoo. Don't reuse atomizers with a different fragrance! Just throw 'em away and use a new one.

Can you stick the straw end of an atomizer into a sample vial and spray it out that way? It's a bit impractical but will be less messy and not as prone to spilling than pouring things from vial to bottle.

I found that using the sprayer to decant a vial into the atomizer just ends up covering the vicinity with a fine mist of the sample you're trying to decant, wasting half of it in the process!

Get a glass dropper from a pharmacy, and use that. Most sample vials will be around the same capacity of the dropper, so you can decant the entire vial in one go without making a mess.

Yeah, you can only use an atomizer once, the previous fragrance just stays there, even after a few weeks of drying out.
    Last edited by vg007; 28th February 2010 at 03:49 AM.