Code of Conduct

Default Cologne with cherry notes?

I am always looking to explore different types of colognes. However, I am
    having trouble finding anything that contains cherry. Is it possible for
    a cologe to contain cherry, and still remain distinctly masculine.
    I'd love to explore some possibilities if they exist out there.

Default Re: Cologne with cherry notes?

Although this was discussed before, I must clearly refer, over and over again, to CK Crave

Basenotes Institution

I wouldn't worry about wearing something that is marketed to women, that smells of cherry BradW. IMO, that's about all you're gonna find (correct me if I'm wrong guys...) For some reason, I suppose, it's an accord that most perfumers (or marketing departments of perfumers) feel is gender specific to women. Nonsense, if you ask me.

Try Luctor et Emergo by People of the Labyrinths, Louve by Serge Lutens, Le Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain (if you can find it!) and Bendelirious by Etat Libre d'Orange for some well done cherry notes.

burberry london

Chypre Rouge by Serge Lutens = cherry cough syrup.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Thanks for the input. However, I did review some older posts, and after some debate, I think that I will
    give Casran a shot. I almost bought a mini, but then I saw that I could get a 3 oz bottle of Casran
    for about $14 on e-bay. I went ahead and ordered it. I look forward to wearing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Thanks for the input. However, I did review some older posts, and after some debate, I think that I will
    give Casran a shot. I almost bought a mini, but then I saw that I could get a 3 oz bottle of Casran
    for about $14 on e-bay. I went ahead and ordered it. I look forward to wearing this one.
    Casran is good. I have a bottle (found it cheap at Marshalls) and it does have a chocolate covered cherry note--not unlike Hanae Mori HM in some ways. It's not the most masculine scent out there, but I don't really find it too feminine either. It's very smooth and a touch bittersweet.

Also, I get a cherry-like impression from Habit Rouge, which may be because of the "red" association, but still I think of cherries when I smell it (the EDC, EDP and Legere, but not so much the EDT for some reason).

Yes Casran is a good inexpensive choice and does have a cherry like note albeit faint.

M7 has a cherry-like quality.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilSF View Post
    M7 has a cherry-like quality.
    Hey, great to see you buddy! Hope everything is going well for you.

m7 m7 m7 m7 m7 m7!!!

Joop Homme is hard core cherry to me. Don't like but not because of the cherry note.

Louve by Serge Lutens.

Joop! for Men, it has a very strong cherry cough syrup note that lasts a lot. This is quite different to cherry tobacco notes, which you will find in Davidoff's Zino and Bogart pour Homme (2004).

Both M7 and M7 Fresh

I always think of cherries when I smell Creed Royal English Leather, every single time. As manly as they come! Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge, pffft!

Lutens Chergui is the world's greatest cherry pipe tobacco and more.
    Last edited by richard d; 26th February 2010 at 03:55 AM.

Yep, M7. Like the finest cherry cough syrup. Very heady and addictive, too. Yum.

Yes M7 is a good man-cherry lol. Delices by Cartier is a big red cherry and Crystal Noir by Versace is drunk cherry.
    Visit my blog at http://thescenter.blogspot.com

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, at least in extrait form, is huge on cherry (I think it is the heliotrope). Many men here wear it quite easily.

Though not masculine juices, if you enjoy them, Lutens Rahat loukum and Cartier Delices have huge loads of cherries

M7 + L'Heure Bleue are my recommendations, but just joining the chorus.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

M7 of course

Does anyone remembered Serge Lutens Rahät Loukoum ?

john varvatos smells alot like black cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    Louve by Serge Lutens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, at least in extrait form, is huge on cherry (I think it is the heliotrope). Many men here wear it quite easily.
    I think a lot of people confuse cherry with bitter almond because maraschino cherries are flavoured with bitter almond extract. Heliotrope is all about almond, nothing to do with cherries. Louve has a bitter almond note. I was a little curious why people suggested Louve as a cherry scent. But I think I got this one figured out.

^^ Actually, heliotrope, the flower itself, is often called the "cherry pie flower". No confusion here.

I'm wearing John Varvatos today and I get a black cherry from it. Also M7 has a cherry note to my nose

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I think a lot of people confuse cherry with bitter almond because maraschino cherries are flavoured with bitter almond extract. Heliotrope is all about almond, nothing to do with cherries. Louve has a bitter almond note. I was a little curious why people suggested Louve as a cherry scent. But I think I got this one figured out.
    Heliotrope and bitter almond have the same main component in common, benzaldehyde. See links.

http://www.bojensen.net/EssentialOil...ialOils13A.htm

http://www.bojensen.net/EssentialOil...s04.htm#Bitter

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Heliotrope and bitter almond have the same main component in common, benzaldehyde. See links.

http://www.bojensen.net/EssentialOil...ialOils13A.htm

http://www.bojensen.net/EssentialOil...s04.htm#Bitter
    What about cherries though?

What about cherries though?
    The text also said that bitter almond and cherry are in the same family...I can't dig in too much right now, so I'll check later and repost.

Sorry if I 'm dragging this but I 've been wondering about that for ages. It says in the text that bitter almonds and the seeds of apricots and cherries contain similar oils. The cherry scent as it is found in cough syrup or lozenges does not include the bitter almond flavor of the cherry pit.

Hey Guys, I received my bottle of Casran today and had to sample some on my wrist. Though not an easy scent
    to detect, due to the aftershave strength, my impression was that it was a bit perfumy. Certainly not as masculine
    as M7 and Varvatos. It certainly smells pleasant enough though, so I expect to give this one a go.

Sorry if I 'm dragging this but I 've been wondering about that for ages. It says in the text that bitter almonds and the seeds of apricots and cherries contain similar oils. The cherry scent as it is found in cough syrup or lozenges does not include the bitter almond flavor of the cherry pit.
    OK, here is a useful source that lists different suppliers of benzaldehyde and what the scent characteristics of some of them are. Many descriptors state almond, cherry or both. You can click through to the suppliers, eg, Vigon, and see the spec sheet and aromatic description (in this case, "characteristic cherry"):

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1001491.html

Here is a Google Books excerpt which talks about how benzaldehyde is the main component in cherry juice and how benzaldehyde is important as an ingredient in synthetic cherry flavorings:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_Ov...cherry&f=false

Oh, and by the way, I am wearing L'Heure Bleue extrait today...the first few hours are cherry-vanilla-almond, kind of jammy and pastry-like.

I remember that I had a formula for making a cherry accord for fragrance and benzaldehyde was key.