Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Friday 26 February

Chanel - Eau Premiere
    Notes: neroli, roses, jasmine, ylang ylang, iris, amber, vetiver, and sandalwood

A blast of citrus at the top gives a welcome lift to the Chanel no 5 formula. It also has a fizzy, lightness which invites an airy ray of sunshine to cut through the formerly powdery juice.
    Last edited by kumquat; 26th February 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Hello everybody!

There's so much going on here I hardly know where to start. Sending more comforting thoughts to all in need of them - 30 Roses, Chaya, RHM...keep the faith.

Mysticknot - You smell divine and that Aromatics Elixiris is perfect! If you've never tried the cream, do so. And the shower gel. I'd also recommend the Velvet Sheer formulation if you ever run across it - great consistency for roll-on decants. It's just a bit more discrete and not quite as powerful a blast as the perfume...which is perfect anyway, you know.

Wordbird - LOL...you're too funny! I think you're supposed to just lie back, close your eyes and think of England...and slide down a bit.

Roberto - Don't you just love those winsome little drawings? I wish I could join you in Hermes again today, and Parfum D'Hermes is in my current rotation, but I'm already in Flora Danica for another day of cello's 5-Star Fragrance Extravaganza.

Too beautiful and well-crafted for me to dissect, this gorgeous floral chypre from 1980 comes in the exquisite bottle pictured above. It features a reverse-painted floral motif that is intended to be viewed through the bottle - the bottle sits on a slight backward angle which is lovely and unique, but also (I believe) as a hint, or suggestion as to how it should be displayed. Well, it didn't work. I'm constantly annoyed to see it pictured backward, which is awkward and not-so-pretty and just makes no sense what-so-ever. I've even seen it very pointedly described as deliberately tilting forward...sigh.

Flora Danica Fail

Y'all have a fabulous day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 26th February 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Some great smelling people today, as always.

It's a No 5 Eau Premiere day for me. Kumquat, JINX!!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone.

Pulled out a box of samples this morning, so I am revisiting PotL Luctor et Emergo.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

Wordbird - LOL...you're too funny! I think you're supposed to just lie back, close your eyes and think of England...and slide down a bit.
    LOL! But before that you have to expose your boobies, silently praying that the cold hands wont make your nipples stiffen.

SotE: Bond No 9 Silver Factory

RHM, Chaya and 30roses; many, many hugs and well wishes. Also, Wordbird, you crack me up...

I am either not wearing any SotD or rather a lot - depending on your viewpoint.

Have spent today in the lab again. Spilled cypress oil on my jeans. Made two tuberose-scents (in my continuing mission to get some tuberose scents into our product line). One became a strange, but pretty creature - tuberose, hints of gardenia and ylang with a kind of cucumbery-kiwi-fruity, juicy and mouthwatering backdrop. Very round, very sweet, yet somehow clear and watery.

The second one became a syrupy tuberose and gardenia monstrosity that would put Keiko Meicheri and Serge Lutens to shame. I might still use it for something, but certainly not on its own. I bet you could get diabetes just from sniffing it.

So I smell to high heavens at the moment, but I smell rather good.

Muscs Koublai Khan

Blog Entries

Happy Aloha Friday, Dear BNers!

Love starting my day with you all...Wordbird's adventure (!) for the day and the quips from you clever creatures re: said doctor's appointment...big hugs for RHM (will be thinking good thoughts for you)...taking inspiration from the compassionate Chaya...and one more round of hugs from me for all who are sad or ailing....hope things turn around soon...

No 5-star week (for me, that is) would be right without my

SOTD: Chanel No. 19 parfum

I'm wearing the new stuff today, but I'm wondering -- why on earth I am saving/hoarding the vintage stuff....THAT's the whole point of 5-star week, right?

Have a great day and a great weekend...
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 26th February 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Chaya, 30 Roses, and RHM: I have not been keeping up with the threads as well since my struggles of late, but I wanted to pop in and send my very, very best to each of you.

Wore Vol de Nuit yesterday, and thinking of wearing it today, also. Take care, all.

Late posting today, cuz I'm home and lazy as hades.

I began today in the wonderful CdG White, absolutely gaga over the cinnamon-cedar combo.
    This afternoon I am testing the new By Kilian Rose Oud. While I do like it, I am not impressed enough to fork over for a FB. Maybe if the priced were drastically reduced with a travel size version...Bottom line for me is that I already have Epic Woman and Montale Black Oud, and those work for me.

Yesterday afternoon I wore a combo of Omnia/Safran Troublant, and SL Muscs Koublai Khan to bed.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

RHM, dear, how I know what you mean by "my body rats me out", and I am with you -- feel not a day older than 27, but all them aches and pains tell me that I am somewhere in the 72-ish camp. Working double shifts at work is no help, you know, and then again, housework and stitching, I can't just sit and watch TV with doing nothing else.

OK, my all time fave, sent here by a dear BNer with 30R's assistance -- Couturier Coriandre. This one is for her and her family today.

It is my 5th BN anniversary. No, not 5,000 posts yet and in the last 5 years I quit twice -- once as caused by family circumstances and another time as caused by too much pride, or prejudice, I have not figured it out. Yet. But I am still here, enjoying your alls' company and thanking you all for being my refuge from everyday life's crazyness. Thanks for being gentle on me.
    Last edited by Twolf; 26th February 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Congrats Twolf! Hope you stick around for a few more!

Bois d'Armenie today. Big hugs to all those in need of them.

Today I am wearing Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti...stunning sandalwood and roses. I never want to run out of this frag. Ever.

Congrats, Twolf!

(((RHM))), (((Chaya)))

For the 5 star week:
    Boucheron by Boucheron

L de Lolita Lempicka - a sweet, immortelle-based fragrance. I love it!
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Morning: Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP
    Evening: Caron Yatagan
    Late night: God-only-knows-what odd accord mixture! White grapefruit 12 parts, bergamot 8 parts, lavender 4 parts, rosemary 2 parts, white musk 4 parts, amber 4 parts, oakmoss ... um... N parts.. Unbalanced... heavy on the oakmoss. In FCO carrier oil. Not an anywhere-near-completed or balanced scent for sure. (but loads of fun for the experimenting hobby perfumist!) ... The oakmoss is compelling but overstrong.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 27th February 2010 at 04:04 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Vintage Vent Vert

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Monsieur Musk tonight. Inexpensive and nice
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

heart of ice

I'm wearing Chergui today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    Today I am wearing Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti...stunning sandalwood and roses. I never want to run out of this frag. Ever.
    *Bloomy*, I don't think I've said my welcome to you yet! You smell wonderful I love that fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ...It is my 5th BN anniversary...
    Happy anniversary to you, Twolf, and thank you for all that you bring to this wonderful place!

Quote Originally Posted by *dora* View Post
    ...For the 5 star week: Boucheron by Boucheron...
    *Dora*, you smell terrific, too! That is a favorite of mine, and I'm always forgetting to wear it.

I'm still participating in Cello's five-star week. Today I chose Shaal Nur. I just love this one, as many of you know. ;-)

Dans Tes Bras

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 5 star fragrance week!!!!!! It has been a pleasure, for myself and my scents, and also to see what each of you brought out.

I slipped tonight and sprayed Paestum Rose, thinking it was a 5 star, but then found it was a 4 star for me. Well, yes, it still stays 4 star - but is still a beautiful rose and incense frag, with a hint of wood to boot.

Oh well - I'm still smelling good!!!

Hillaire

I am still doing the big ones of the week; today I am wearing Balenciaga Rumba -- love it!

Blog Entries

Delicious Night...DKNY
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs to all in need.....Barney's Route Du The'
    Gary

I started out this a.m. in Prado Infusion D'Iris.

Went up to Santa Barbara where I hit macy's Nordie's Sephora, Lush and a local place, Pierre La Fond. Sniffed a LOT.
    Currently wearing: Le De by Givenchy

Blog Entries

The Tesla Wore Prada Ambre Pour Homme.

Blog Entries

Congrats, Twolf! To five more years.

Day 6 of five-star week is Hypnotic Poison.

This one has been with me the longest. It was the first true fume love of my 'grown-up' life. I owned it, loved it, and threw it out because of associations with the time, about nine years ago. So many times during the following years I regretted tossing it! I didn't regret anything else I got rid of, only this. I can't believe there was ever a time when I thought fume was inaccessible, but at some point over the course of the following years I got it in my head that fume was a gift from one lover to another, so I never thought of buying it for myself again. I'd stick the tester bottle under my DH's nose countless times, but he wasn't too keen on it, so mostly I just hoped he'd cave and gift me with a fume he didn't like. Well, I got tired of waiting and took some early Christmas cash down to Nordstrom one snowy night in December 2008 and took matters into my own hands. And again, the rest is history!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 27th February 2010 at 05:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Hugs and welcomes and best wishes as appropriate - and happy 5 years to Twolf!

Today at work I tested Cereus Pour Homme No. 4 (a fruity floral made slightly more masculine with vetiver - kind of meh)

For 5-star week, I'll be falling asleep in waves of tobacco and honey in By Kilian Back To Black.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??
    Currently wearing: Lys 41 by Le Labo