Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Youtube Review Thread #54 : Terre D'Hermes by Hermes (Feb. 27th)

Overrated or just plain amazing ?

My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Banned

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #54 : Terre D'Hermes by Hermes (Feb. 27th)

Parfum is even more amazing to me

Terre d'Hermes is definitely not a "whore lure" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Terre d'Hermes is definitely not a "whore lure" lol
    Then what's the point? Also,everyone is always speaking negatively about whores, but they provide a valuable service to the community. They should be thanked for all they do ( Ya know, the little things the wifey won't) and should not only be recognized but honored with a national holiday. Whores of the world, I salute you!
    Last edited by Handsome Toad; 27th February 2010 at 03:20 AM.

this stuff smells like moist dirt and rotten oranges. not a fan of it at all, although i can see older gentleman enjoying it.

Love it except for its ISO heavy drydown which irritates my sinuses and throat after the 6-8 hour mark or so. Even so, it's an excellent fragrance. Far better than the one TDH inspired scent I know of, Montale Red Vetyver, IMO.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Love it except for its ISO heavy drydown which irritates my sinuses and throat after the 6-8 hour mark or so. Even so, it's an excellent fragrance. Far better than the one TDH inspired scent I know of, Montale Red Vetyver, IMO.
    So that woody sort of smell that hang onto your clothes after several hours is ISO-E Super?

damn, I love that stuff lol

Well, the vetiver lasts for quite awhile in TdH, but yes, the longest lasting component, that slightly scratchy (yet it also has some smooth textures too, an interesting contrast) woody note is Iso E super. I don't dislike the smell of it at all, to be honest, it's just that it literally causes me some pain.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

It's very... brash and uninviting. I don't see what's the big deal about this frag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Well, the vetiver lasts for quite awhile in TdH, but yes, the longest lasting component, that slightly scratchy (yet it also has some smooth textures too, an interesting contrast) woody note is Iso E super. I don't dislike the smell of it at all, to be honest, it's just that it literally causes me some pain.
    Do you know any more frags with Iso in them?

HUGE improvements from earlier reviews. Really pretty solid IMO. Awesome. I know these things are a lot of work but I have a feeling that continuing to do this will lead to bigger things. This quality/calibre will get noticed.

You might consider some basic editing, like cutting and redoing scenes, etc. Pretty amazing considering the whole thing is more or less one take.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

IMO TdH is amazing!!!!!!

Very professional and well done review. I just purchased a small bottle on Amazon for $40. That's half the price they wanted at the mall. When I tested this on my skin previously it left a very distinct and bold impression (heads do turn, and that's from one spray). I just didn't feel like forking over $80 for it. $40 I can live with.

When I first smelled TdH I thought "that is very interesting, but I don't want to smell like that". I also feel that way about Chergui.

Blog Entries

I get mostly dirty bitter orange when it was cold. When the weather warmed up, the mineral notes popped up more and added a neat spark. It was great. I'm giving it another try soon to see how I feel about it 2 years after I last wore it. I was always on the fence on this one. I often added this to my cart whenever I did cologne window shopping. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Parfum is even more amazing to me
    Absolutely.