Code of Conduct

Exclamation Hope for lovers of PATOU POUR HOMME !!!!!

I have recently discovered here in france a tiny perfumery full of hidden surprises.
    No, I am afraid that PPH was not amongst them.....BUT !.........I have spent several days in the shop trying such wonders as Vetyver from Le galion, Shocking You, Grés Monsieur, Torrente, Zibeline and many more. Then I came across something that shook me rigid when I smelt the tester card. I knew the perfume instantly. Patou Pour Homme. What I had just sprayed was Jaguar Mark II.
    I have since looked up the perfume notes on basenotes directory and they do correspond, although the notes given for Jaguar Mark II are very limited. I have since compared them back to back, although I only have PPH in the form of an after shave. To me they smell identical. Please read Naed_Nitrams review of Jaguar Mark II and see if you think it fits the description of Patou Pour Homme.
    Now comes the bad news. Jaguar Mark II is every bit as elusive as Patou Pour Homme, so they have something else in common ! However the good news is that if you do manage to track down a bottle on ebay etc., it won´t be the same ridiculous price as PPH, and as Naed says in his review of JMII, the stuff is so potent you will only need one drop, (it is as strong as an extrait!) so a miniature flacon will go a long way ! I hope this thread will help fans of Patou Pour Homme.

Default Re: Hope for lovers of PATOU POUR HOMME !!!!!

I have both and while Mark II is a nice perfume I don't think it's nearly as good or even particularly similar to PPH.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Sounds interesting to me, also judging from the only review available, of course.
    I do not know this one.
    Could it perhaps be that Jauguar frags were made by Givaudan at one point in time ?
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Mine was made/distributed by Pardis. S.A. in Levallois-Perret, France, which apprently no longer exists. Very loud woody amber base, soapy greens and patchouli. It lacks the complex structure and expansiveness (and the ingenous cinnamon note) of PPH.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I own bottles of both Jaguar Mark II and Patou Pour Homme and echo t_g_l's sentiments. Mk II is a good fragrance, and I enjoy it, but PPH is more refined and elegant. Mk II is more common smelling. PPH belongs to a more rarefied group.

Sur la Plage

I obtained a bottle of Jaguar Mark II recently. I would also agree it is not on par with Patou pour Homme. But I think it is a very good, well crafted fragrance. It was released in 1995, but has more of an 80's feel to it. Definitely worth a sniff if you are fond of woody orientals like Givenchy Gentleman, Giorgio for Men, Versace L'Homme, Zino, etc. - and of course if you can find it, since it has been discontinued.

The notes listed are:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin
    Middle Notes: Patchouli
    Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Musk, Amber, Sandalwood
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread