Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amouage Tribute Attar

Actually, I just purchased a 12ml bottle of Tribute directly from Amouage. The price was very reasonable due to the Euro's dive -- $328.96 -- and included shipping.

EDIT: I hate to spread rumors, but have any of you heard anything about both Tribute & Homage being discontinued? That could be the reason for Zahra's price jump.
    Last edited by evbo; 16th June 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    EDIT: I hate to spread rumors, but have any of you heard anything about both Tribute & Homage being discontinued? That could be the reason for Zahra's price jump.
    I don't think that's likely as they've raised Amouage Attar prices across the board, some by an even higher percentage than those two.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    I confirmed it with another basenoter, who said that a cousin of his had visited the Amouage factory just recently where he was told (upon questioning) that they were NOT discontinuing either Homage or Tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Nothing like a price rise to focus the mind.

I think if I were buying I would look to UK right now. Homage is 180 pounds and the pound has slipped around 30% vs. HKD recently (we are pegged to USD).

I imagine AUD vs. UKP is a better bet than vs. USD?
    Yeah I know mate, UK prices are tempting and the A$ is quite good too.

Hopefully I'd get some of these oils, really soon.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Oh man, I knew I shdn't have opened this thread... I'm fighting this crazy urge to try on some attars...

I know I really really want Homage Attar too ....

Ahhh, the price doubled eh? I just had a discussion with my father recently about this. Why are companies (some companies, fast food seems to be on their game) reacting so slowly to the poor economic state with lowering prices, and in some cases (i.e high-end luxury) going the complete opposite way? I guess, it'll take a few more business/economic classes for me to understand this one.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Why are companies (some companies, fast food seems to be on their game) reacting so slowly to the poor economic state with lowering prices, and in some cases (i.e high-end luxury) going the complete opposite way?
    Their profit margins must be squeezed by rising inflation and cost of materials and production like everywhere else. Unlike the Walmarts of the world Amouge can't have their attars made in China on the cheap They also sell a lot of their products in Europe and the recent Euro meltdown is not helping their balance sheets...

Last edited by pluran; 25th July 2010 at 07:53 PM.

It appears that different batches of Tribute can smell different from each other - I've tried the juice from a friend's bottle and it has far brighter frankincense note and much "fresher" and "rosier" rose, overall the fragrance is way more enjoyable than the one I had tried earlier which was more anemic and more about leather than frank/rose. A friend who bought three different batches over the last few months confrmed that all three of his Trubute's smell slightly different (but he loves them all).

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    It appears that different batches of Tribute can smell different from each other - I've tried the juice from a friend's bottle and it has far brighter frankincense note and much "fresher" and "rosier" rose, overall the fragrance is way more enjoyable than the one I had tried earlier which was more anemic and more about leather than frank/rose. A friend who bought three different batches over the last few months confrmed that all three of his Trubute's smell slightly different (but he loves them all).
    Interesting. I got a sample as soon as it was released which has provided me with half a dozen wearings so far and while finding the first half hour or so very enjoyable it then more or less flat-lined. IMO it is nowhere near in the league of Homage in terms of radiance, longevity or just plain magic. Personally I wouldn't buy it - I would buy another Homage if I had the $ to throw around, or possibly Xerjoff Dhofar which pushed some of the same buttons as the opening of Tribute but then had more of a story to tell afterwards. (Anyone else sense a similarity here, BTW?). Cheers.

Cut together 1 part Tribute to 2 parts Homage = perfection.
    Amouage needs to make that mixture an EDP spray in their regular masculine lineup.

I tried Tribute for the first time around a month ago and must reiterate the sentiments of many people on this thread. It is a fantastic scent and I am a huge fan. Sadly the price puts it at the bottom of my 'to buy' list.
    For fans of smokey attars also try Al-Shomoukh, it is another Amouage attar, slightly more expensive but similar in composition.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Cut together 1 part Tribute to 2 parts Homage = perfection.
    Amouage needs to make that mixture an EDP spray in their regular masculine lineup.
    +1

I had gotten a generous sample of Tribute and Homage from Aedes De Venustas when I visited them a couple of weeks back. Luckily the sample they gave were in exactly in the same 1:2 proportion, so I mixed 10 drops of Tribute to 20 drops of Homage (approx a little more than 1mL in total), and it was truly perfection.

I find Tribute a little harsh in the drydown (due to the green Vetiver I believe), and find Homage too feminine in the top notes (due to the floral blast of the rose-jasmine combo). However, by blending both of these, they somewhat masked each other out and gave an excellent odour profile that mellowed both of these facets.

Thanks for the suggestion Dullah.

I got a gift of this one last week. A toleh of 11 ml. The scent is strikingly good. One thing I want to mention: the heart of the fragrance is extremely reminiscent of Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal. There's a lot of myrrh in it that sets it apart from EdF. The development of the scent is breathtaking. It passes through a phase where it resembles CdG Man from afar and then settles into the satin-silk smoothness of myrrh. The best Amouage creation behind Silver Cristal (another masterpiece that is discontinued yet sold at one Amouage boutique in Masqat, Oman (City Centre) – from a fountain a la Caron’s faucet fountains.

Got back from Oman yesterday, and whilst I didn't make it to the Amouage factory, I stopped off at the duty free Amouage shop and picked up a tola of Tribute. Cost is 65 Omani riyals.

Also sampled the Memoir men - and loved it - it's next on the list.

Tribute......My preeeecious!! MUST HAVE!!

Just traded for 1 mL of Tribute. Wow! Luckily 1 mL is a lot, this stuff is super potent, and would be something I only use occasionally so I don't feel the need to buy a bottle, but it's something I want to have around. This is definitely a masculine rose, although I wish for a bit more rose. The combination of frankincense, leather and tobacco is amazing... deep, dark and rich with a hint of sweetness. The Jasmine combines well with the rose and adds a spicyness to the heart. I also get patchouli, but not sure... it does smell a little like something a hippy would wear, but much better. Definitely 5 stars.

Basenotes Institution

Coincidence: I wore this today, I had the opportunity to come home for my lunch hour so I applied some before I headed back to the office. This morning I wore Opium EdP by YSL (which is VERY strong) but just 5 tiny (and I mean very tiny) drops of Tribute totally overwhelmed the YSL and I can still smell it on me, after a hot shower. This stuff is amazing.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle