Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Tribute Attar

I have just had a sample arrive from luckyscent and have applied the oil to my wrists and neck.

Wow this opens with a strong resinous Frankincense, its very smoky and very good quality. If you have ever smelled Frankincense resin thrown onto a burner thats what I'm getting. I swear I can smell Patchouli mixed in with it to darken the scent.

After a while you can smell a waft of a beautiful rose/jasmine scent wafting through the Frankincense like a ray of sunshine peeking through the clouds. This is a beautiful scent and where Homage is very bright and a play on roses/jasmine this is more masculine with a darker nature brightened by a background of rose/jasmine.

Cannot help thinking of been in church or a temple as the incense is wafting through the halls.

Beautiful and strong on the Frankincense, full bottle worthy. You bet.

P.S As time has moved on I am smelling the tobacco and a little leather which shifts like a chameleon. I am still picking up wafts of rose/jasmine in the background. Beautifully blended this fragrance is as the scent is constantly shifting its accord so I am picking up other notes.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 27th February 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Default Re: Amouage Tribute Attar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have just had a sample arrive from luckyscent and have applied the oil to my wrists and neck.

Wow this opens with a strong resinous Frankincense, its very smoky and very good quality. If you have ever smelled Frankincense resin thrown onto a burner thats what I'm getting. I swear I can smell Patchouli mixed in with it to darken the scent.

After a while you can smell a waft of a beautiful rose/jasmine scent wafting through the Frankincense like a ray of sunshine peeking through the clouds. This is a beautiful scent and where Homage is very bright and a play on roses/jasmine this is more masculine with a darker nature brightened by a background of rose/jasmine.

Cannot help thinking of been in church or a temple as the incense is wafting through the halls.

Beautiful and strong on the Frankincense, full bottle worthy. You bet.

P.S As time has moved on I am smelling the tobacco and a little leather which shifts like a chameleon. I am still picking up wafts of rose/jasmine in the background. Beautifully blended this fragrance is as the scent is constantly shifting its accord so I am picking up other notes.
    Isn't that fun. It's amazing that a fragrance can take you such a journey. Truly a 5 star frag. I bought Tribute as a blind buy and I still have the same experience you did every time I wear it.

I went out shopping after about 45min from applying it and I could hear people say what is that stink. And I could see people sniffing the air. lol This is very potent and I only applied a few drops to my wrists then dabbed it onto my neck.

The drydown is gorgeous I am getting a sweet frankincense smell mixed with a golden amber aroma. A fantastic fragrance but very pungent.

The only place in England I have seen this for sale is Harrods for a 175 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Which is the cheapest place to buy Amouage Tribute?
    Les Senteurs don't have it on their website.
    I'm not sure there is any "cheap" place to buy it. Everywhere I know of sells for the same price.
    Luckyscent still had it in stock a month ago but I haven't checked lately.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Thankx for the nice review Jack Hunter! I'll get me some of this oil as soon as I possibly can!

What a great description!
    Tribute has so many stages and is so complex, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had a different understanding of it. I am a proud owner of it and cannot endorse it enough.
    Simply beautiful.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

This place has the best prices for Amouage: http://perfume.zahras.com/ The 12ml bottle is only $237. Compared to Luckyscent's $350 that's a bargain and then some!

However, I have no personal experience with them. I've seen others post their link so I'm hoping they have purchased from them and can tell you about the experience. I believe they buy directly from the source (Amouage is in Oman) and can get a better price but it takes a little longer in transit because of the distance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 27th February 2010 at 10:51 PM.

I bought amouage newest attar Al Mas ....it smells almost like montale red aoud....but of course much better.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    I bought amouage newest attar Al Mas ....it smells almost like montale red aoud....but of course much better.
    Did you buy it from Zahras? I'm currently inquiring about the smaller sizes of Homage in 3 and 6 ml. Homage has really jumped in price recently.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 28th February 2010 at 01:54 AM.

I only have a Tribute sample, but I've really enjoyed it each time I've given it a test run. That site is intriguing though - great prices on the attars!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Here is the response to my inquiry to Zahras about Homage:

Salaam and thank you for your message.

Please view the attached catalog with the latest prices and Amouage Products.

The price of Amouage Homage Attar is as follows:

3ml - $90
    6ml - $151
    12ml - $339

All of the above are in the original Amouage Bottles and packaging. The items are shipped from Bahrain or Saudi Arabia.

We accept Paypal at info@zahras.com

Shipment is as follows:"
    1) Parcel (14-28 days) - $17.50
    2) Courier (7-14 days) - $40

Please let us know your requirement so we can send a Paypal Invoice.
    I'll pick up 3ml and let you know how the process goes.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 28th February 2010 at 04:52 AM.

I think I'm going to get the Amouage Al Mas, so I'll report back as well. As a side note, they also list both Grade A and Grade AA Musk Gazelle for those interested.

Update - ordered the Al Mas, along with a few other things. They are incredibly fast to reply to emails and very pleasant to do business with. They said they'd include some free samples as well, so I'm looking forward to trying whatever they send. Now, to wait the long parcel post delivery time.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 1st March 2010 at 02:35 PM.

I have ordered many things from Zahras and never had a problem, as long as you know what you want then it's all good!

I've revisited Tribute after some months and I must say, the frankincense note in the opening is damn fine, not harsh or sharp, but subtle yet powerful and is masterfully blended into the composition. I do wish though that the overall feel were less sweet and darker/more incensy.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Update - ordered the Al Mas, along with a few other things. They are incredibly fast to reply to emails and very pleasant to do business with. They said they'd include some free samples as well, so I'm looking forward to trying whatever they send. Now, to wait the long parcel post delivery time.
    When I ordered the Homage they honored my request for small samples of pure oud oils - one each from cambodia, india, indonesia and malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    When I ordered the Homage they honored my request for small samples of pure oud oils - one each from cambodia, india, indonesia and malaysia.
    Did you get the standard Parcel shipping, or expedited Courier? I just did the Parcel (which still came out to $25), so it would be interesting to compare timing.

I chose parcel because I'm pretty cheap. Shipping for the 3ml bottle was only $17.50 parcel and $40 expedited. I placed the order late Saturday night which I think was mid day Sunday for them if you add 10 hours from Mountain time. I understand their Friday is the day of rest so our stuff should have shipped around the same time - maybe a day apart.

Basenotes Institution

Porkfat and jrd4t - you guys should open up a new thread, about the Zahras site - I imagine it is news to many Basenoters and many might not find it buried in a thread about Tribute. Or you might want to wait until your items arrive, so that you can share your experience post-arrival. Nonetheless, it's news to me...I've never even heard of this site and the prices seem very attractive.

I can't wait to try Tribute. I love Homage, even though I cannot afford a bottle now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Porkfat and jrd4t - you guys should open up a new thread, about the Zahras site - I imagine it is news to many Basenoters and many might not find it buried in a thread about Tribute. Or you might want to wait until your items arrive, so that you can share your experience post-arrival. Nonetheless, it's news to me...I've never even heard of this site and the prices seem very attractive.

I can't wait to try Tribute. I love Homage, even though I cannot afford a bottle now.
    Our own BN resident, moreda, is selling all of the Attars in the market place for very reasonable prices as well. They are coming directly from Oman. I got my Tribute through him.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

I definitely will. I'll include pics of everything as well, along with timing. They look like they're a great resource as long as you don't mind waiting a couple weeks for it to travel the world! So far, I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. The site blows, but I can get past that as long as the goods are good.

Oh, and the reason my shipping was 25 rather than 17 is because I also ordered a box of bakhoor, a small amount of Cambodian Oud wood, and a large metal burner. I'm really looking forward to sampling the oud wood first hand, from the source.

Our own BN resident, moreda, is selling all of the Attars in the market place for very reasonable prices as well. They are coming directly from Oman. I got my Tribute through him.
    How much was customs for your Tribute (assuming you're in the U.S.)?

New member here -

Tribute is not special. Typical oud and frankincense. Very little rose. Homage is nice, but not worth the price. Creed Windsor is where it's at.

Welcome new person. There's nothing typical about Tribute and there is no oud. It's a glorious frankincense, sweet tobacco and leather scent with a floral accord tying it all together and it is heavenly. And talk about not being worth the price and you mention Windsor? Surely you jest, my good man. Tut tut tut.

Depends which country we are referring to Porkfat ...

For example, the weekend in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be on a Thursday and Friday.
    Last edited by acer3; 6th March 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Welcome new person. There's nothing typical about Tribute and there is no oud. It's a glorious frankincense, sweet tobacco and leather scent with a floral accord tying it all together and it is heavenly. And talk about not being worth the price and you mention Windsor? Surely you jest, my good man. Tut tut tut.

Well, I guess different strokes for different follks. I thought I had an unhealthy addiction to fagrances and I didn't know if I could control my spending. I wondered if I was just wasting my money because of the hype. I got my answer last night. I just like what I like and i'm not afraid to shell out top dollar for it. I will however, not be spending $350 on 12ML of Tribute or Homage attar. They're not bad scents. Just not special (and certainly not heavenly) to me.
    Last edited by litworth; 6th March 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Shocking price increase on both Homage & Tribute Attar at Zahra

Previously you could have bought 12ml Homage for US$339 - The current price is US$625
    I think in good old days you could buy 30ml Homage for US$650!

12ml Tribute could have had for a mere *yes mere* US$237 - Now the listed price at Zahra is US$500

Damn, I am kicking myself for not buying a full bottle of Tribute back then and instead settling for a decant.

I think the Creed pricing is catching on with other houses. They think if Creed can do it and get away with it, then why should we remain behind.

Nothing like a price rise to focus the mind.

I think if I were buying I would look to UK right now. Homage is 180 pounds and the pound has slipped around 30% vs. HKD recently (we are pegged to USD).

I imagine AUD vs. UKP is a better bet than vs. USD?

hmmmm ..... the price is still the same at Parfums Raffy ($350 for 12 ml)

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage-...ragrances.html

Holy crap, that's a huge jump! If I wasn't getting married in a week, I'd grab a bottle of Tribute from Raffy (then be broke and question my ability to make sound decisions).

The price of Al Mas also doubled. Zahra is currently the only stockist of that as well, so I'm glad I snagged it when I did!

Actually, I just purchased a 12ml bottle of Tribute directly from Amouage. The price was very reasonable due to the Euro's dive -- $328.96 -- and included shipping.

EDIT: I hate to spread rumors, but have any of you heard anything about both Tribute & Homage being discontinued? That could be the reason for Zahra's price jump.
    Last edited by evbo; 16th June 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    EDIT: I hate to spread rumors, but have any of you heard anything about both Tribute & Homage being discontinued? That could be the reason for Zahra's price jump.
    I don't think that's likely as they've raised Amouage Attar prices across the board, some by an even higher percentage than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    I confirmed it with another basenoter, who said that a cousin of his had visited the Amouage factory just recently where he was told (upon questioning) that they were NOT discontinuing either Homage or Tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Nothing like a price rise to focus the mind.

I think if I were buying I would look to UK right now. Homage is 180 pounds and the pound has slipped around 30% vs. HKD recently (we are pegged to USD).

I imagine AUD vs. UKP is a better bet than vs. USD?
    Yeah I know mate, UK prices are tempting and the A$ is quite good too.

Hopefully I'd get some of these oils, really soon.

Basenotes Plus

Oh man, I knew I shdn't have opened this thread... I'm fighting this crazy urge to try on some attars...

I know I really really want Homage Attar too ....

Ahhh, the price doubled eh? I just had a discussion with my father recently about this. Why are companies (some companies, fast food seems to be on their game) reacting so slowly to the poor economic state with lowering prices, and in some cases (i.e high-end luxury) going the complete opposite way? I guess, it'll take a few more business/economic classes for me to understand this one.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Why are companies (some companies, fast food seems to be on their game) reacting so slowly to the poor economic state with lowering prices, and in some cases (i.e high-end luxury) going the complete opposite way?
    Their profit margins must be squeezed by rising inflation and cost of materials and production like everywhere else. Unlike the Walmarts of the world Amouge can't have their attars made in China on the cheap They also sell a lot of their products in Europe and the recent Euro meltdown is not helping their balance sheets...

Last edited by pluran; 25th July 2010 at 08:53 PM.

It appears that different batches of Tribute can smell different from each other - I've tried the juice from a friend's bottle and it has far brighter frankincense note and much "fresher" and "rosier" rose, overall the fragrance is way more enjoyable than the one I had tried earlier which was more anemic and more about leather than frank/rose. A friend who bought three different batches over the last few months confrmed that all three of his Trubute's smell slightly different (but he loves them all).

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    It appears that different batches of Tribute can smell different from each other - I've tried the juice from a friend's bottle and it has far brighter frankincense note and much "fresher" and "rosier" rose, overall the fragrance is way more enjoyable than the one I had tried earlier which was more anemic and more about leather than frank/rose. A friend who bought three different batches over the last few months confrmed that all three of his Trubute's smell slightly different (but he loves them all).
    Interesting. I got a sample as soon as it was released which has provided me with half a dozen wearings so far and while finding the first half hour or so very enjoyable it then more or less flat-lined. IMO it is nowhere near in the league of Homage in terms of radiance, longevity or just plain magic. Personally I wouldn't buy it - I would buy another Homage if I had the $ to throw around, or possibly Xerjoff Dhofar which pushed some of the same buttons as the opening of Tribute but then had more of a story to tell afterwards. (Anyone else sense a similarity here, BTW?). Cheers.

Cut together 1 part Tribute to 2 parts Homage = perfection.
    Amouage needs to make that mixture an EDP spray in their regular masculine lineup.

I tried Tribute for the first time around a month ago and must reiterate the sentiments of many people on this thread. It is a fantastic scent and I am a huge fan. Sadly the price puts it at the bottom of my 'to buy' list.
    For fans of smokey attars also try Al-Shomoukh, it is another Amouage attar, slightly more expensive but similar in composition.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Cut together 1 part Tribute to 2 parts Homage = perfection.
    Amouage needs to make that mixture an EDP spray in their regular masculine lineup.
    +1

I had gotten a generous sample of Tribute and Homage from Aedes De Venustas when I visited them a couple of weeks back. Luckily the sample they gave were in exactly in the same 1:2 proportion, so I mixed 10 drops of Tribute to 20 drops of Homage (approx a little more than 1mL in total), and it was truly perfection.

I find Tribute a little harsh in the drydown (due to the green Vetiver I believe), and find Homage too feminine in the top notes (due to the floral blast of the rose-jasmine combo). However, by blending both of these, they somewhat masked each other out and gave an excellent odour profile that mellowed both of these facets.

Thanks for the suggestion Dullah.

I got a gift of this one last week. A toleh of 11 ml. The scent is strikingly good. One thing I want to mention: the heart of the fragrance is extremely reminiscent of Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal. There's a lot of myrrh in it that sets it apart from EdF. The development of the scent is breathtaking. It passes through a phase where it resembles CdG Man from afar and then settles into the satin-silk smoothness of myrrh. The best Amouage creation behind Silver Cristal (another masterpiece that is discontinued yet sold at one Amouage boutique in Masqat, Oman (City Centre) – from a fountain a la Caron’s faucet fountains.

Got back from Oman yesterday, and whilst I didn't make it to the Amouage factory, I stopped off at the duty free Amouage shop and picked up a tola of Tribute. Cost is 65 Omani riyals.

Also sampled the Memoir men - and loved it - it's next on the list.

Tribute......My preeeecious!! MUST HAVE!!

Just traded for 1 mL of Tribute. Wow! Luckily 1 mL is a lot, this stuff is super potent, and would be something I only use occasionally so I don't feel the need to buy a bottle, but it's something I want to have around. This is definitely a masculine rose, although I wish for a bit more rose. The combination of frankincense, leather and tobacco is amazing... deep, dark and rich with a hint of sweetness. The Jasmine combines well with the rose and adds a spicyness to the heart. I also get patchouli, but not sure... it does smell a little like something a hippy would wear, but much better. Definitely 5 stars.

Basenotes Institution

Coincidence: I wore this today, I had the opportunity to come home for my lunch hour so I applied some before I headed back to the office. This morning I wore Opium EdP by YSL (which is VERY strong) but just 5 tiny (and I mean very tiny) drops of Tribute totally overwhelmed the YSL and I can still smell it on me, after a hot shower. This stuff is amazing.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle