Code of Conduct

Default Paris Hilton's Heir

I bought Heir as a blind buy some time ago, and wasn't that impressed. It didn't last that long in my wrist testing, and I only thought it smelled just okay.

But it was another hot day on Friday and I couldn't figure what to wear. I spotted the bottle of Heir in my drawer, and thought why not? Remembering it was a bit weak, I applied 5 sprays on each side of me.

Well, it lasted all day at work, and I thought it smelled marvellous and fresh the entire day.
    I now feel pretty silly for not having used it more often this summer.

Does anybody else who has actually given it a full wearing have an opinion on Heir?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Paris Hilton's Heir

I purchased Heir for men at TJ Maxx. Despite it's initial smell of cleaning solution, I gave it a shot to see if maybe it's middle and bottom notes would be better than the top ones. Nope..I smelled like Windex for 2 hours, maybe even less (thankfully)

This stuff was 9.99 at TJ Maxx for a 1.7 oz. I actually returned it the next day, one of the worst fragrances I've ever come across. No wonder it was only on the shelves at Macy's for a week.

You know, I actually really like this one too. I bought a 1 oz bottle for six bucks or something, and think it's a perfectly nice citrus/fresh scent.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I purchased Heir for men at TJ Maxx. Despite it's initial smell of cleaning solution, I gave it a shot to see if maybe it's middle and bottom notes would be better than the top ones. Nope..I smelled like Windex for 2 hours, maybe even less (thankfully)

This stuff was 9.99 at TJ Maxx for a 1.7 oz. I actually returned it the next day, one of the worst fragrances I've ever come across. No wonder it was only on the shelves at Macy's for a week.
    If Windex is one of those ammonia based window cleaners - I must confess I like the smell of them two. But Heir doesn't really remind me of them.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    You know, I actually really like this one too. I bought a 1 oz bottle for six bucks or something, and think it's a perfectly nice citrus/fresh scent.
    Phew - I'm glad I'm not alone in the world.
    Thanks.
    Renato

I listed Paris Hilton's Heir as my worst blind buy ever --- post # 9 ----> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/244...t=#post1725041 . I was surprised that my wife told me that it smelled somewhat fresh. My mother-in-law-also said that she liked it (this was all within 30 minutes of application), but for some reason I found it to be totally nondescript. It had no personality or character whatsoever, and lasted no more than an hour on my skin. I gave it three tries, and then I abandoned it in a high traffic area at work where it would find a more deserving home. I really found nothing redeeming about Heir. I didn't like anything about it whatsoever. I might add, however, that I am not a fan of lighter, fresh scents or aquatics, and I prefer ballsy powerhouse fragrances. That being said, I just didn't find Heir to be acceptable on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    I listed Paris Hilton's Heir as my worst blind buy ever --- post # 9 ----> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/244...t=#post1725041 . I was surprised that my wife told me that it smelled somewhat fresh. My mother-in-law-also said that she liked it (this was all within 30 minutes of application), but for some reason I found it to be totally nondescript. It had no personality or character whatsoever, and lasted no more than an hour on my skin. I gave it three tries, and then I abandoned it in a high traffic area at work where it would find a more deserving home. I really found nothing redeeming about Heir. I didn't like anything about it whatsoever. I might add, however, that I am not a fan of lighter, fresh scents or aquatics, and I prefer ballsy powerhouse fragrances. That being said, I just didn't find Heir to be acceptable on any level.
    Interesting variation in perceptions in your household.
    I'm a fan of strong scents myself.
    I think that we now have a new candidate for the category of "Scents That Most Polarise Opinions". At least no one has said it's as bad as Kouros.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    . I was surprised that my wife told me that it smelled somewhat fresh. My mother-in-law-also said that she liked it (this was all within 30 minutes of application), but for some reason I found it to be totally nondescript. It had no personality or character whatsoever, and lasted no more than an hour on my skin. I gave it three tries, and then I abandoned it in a high traffic area at work where it would find a more deserving home.
    Paris Hilton's Men's frags usually get compliments from the ladies.
    I gave Heir for Men to my sister as a gift, who prefers PH's Men's frags 'coz her ladies frags are sickeningly-flowery sweet and too "I'm a girl! I'm a girl!". She's asking for the first PH for Men next.
    I myself don't care for Heir, but swear by my PH for Men. Not the best in terms of longevity, but so bright and easy to wear especially on hot days.

I don't know why, but I like it too! It doesn't get much use on me but I think it's a decent frag. I got a 3.3 oz bottle for $11 on ebay. Good deal.

Her other two men's frags are just slightly better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by funhuntr View Post
    Paris Hilton's Men's frags usually get compliments from the ladies.
    Funnily enough, I just asked my wife to smell Heir on my wrist.
    She said, "That's really good" (as opposed to her usual "Nice" "Okay" "Pretty Good" or sneeze).

Odd that you have a longevity problem with her first one. It lasts ages on me.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 1st March 2010 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 201motels View Post
    I don't know why, but I like it too! It doesn't get much use on me but I think it's a decent frag. I got a 3.3 oz bottle for $11 on ebay. Good deal.

Her other two men's frags are just slightly better imo.
    I used to think the same as you, but now I put Heir ahead of "Just Me".
    Renato

Blog Entries

Er...I had a 1 oz bottle I bought blindly a couple years back. I thought it was okay, but I just gave it to a friend. It just smells pretty damn synthetic and cheap. It was citrusy, sweet, and it's got a touch of suede in it just to round it out. It's not horrible, but it's not that good either. The longevity was 3-4 hours. I was originally going to use it as a gym bag scent, but I decided to just decant my stuff to bring with me.

I got a 1.7 oz. bottle free as some sort of promotion. I have to say, it isn't bad at all. It has a sort of smoky, subdued sense about it that I like. Sweet, but not overly fruity like I'd expected. I'm glad you started a thread about it. The only thing I don't like about it is how strongly it smells of alcohol after spritzing, but thankfully this disappears after a minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Er...I had a 1 oz bottle I bought blindly a couple years back. I thought it was okay, but I just gave it to a friend. It just smells pretty damn synthetic and cheap. It was citrusy, sweet, and it's got a touch of suede in it just to round it out. It's not horrible, but it's not that good either. The longevity was 3-4 hours. I was originally going to use it as a gym bag scent, but I decided to just decant my stuff to bring with me.
    Maybe it's the suede that's grabbing me, and turning you off? Which is odd, as I really dislike most suede scents, like Guess Man.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Djamison66 View Post
    I got a 1.7 oz. bottle free as some sort of promotion. I have to say, it isn't bad at all. It has a sort of smoky, subdued sense about it that I like. Sweet, but not overly fruity like I'd expected. I'm glad you started a thread about it. The only thing I don't like about it is how strongly it smells of alcohol after spritzing, but thankfully this disappears after a minute or so.
    Interesting that you mention smoky. I was wondering which scent Heir most reminded me of, and it was nagging me. Then I remembered Krizia Spazio, a real smoky scent, and put some on my wrist. But the two weren't really alike.

The opening blast is unusual, but unlike you I like it. It clears the sinuses.
    Cheers,
    Renato

I never want to contribute to Paris Hilton's wellbeing ever.

Sorry, but the Paris Hilton House is nothing but cheap watered down fragrances. Very synthetic, PH for men was tolerable, but longevity was an issue. I don't buy a frag based on it's initial scent (unless it's dirt cheap) but rather based on it's overall performance. Just Me was a cheap ADG rip off with more synthetics, decent when it comes out of the bottle, but 5 mins later you're gonna wanna scrub your skin off. PH frags expire fast too (this from the cheap ingredients). The only nice thing is that you usually get a ton of accessories when you buy a PH frag. Good for the younger crowd, or people who don't know about better frags out there. Not a good buy for somebody who wants to make an impression. A better alternative to PH for men would probably be something like Dunhill Pure, or BLV..both of these are fresh and clean, very floral yet masculine, both render a ton of compliments and have about 3 times the longevity. Just Me on the other hand.. Obviously an ADG ripoff, problem with Just Me is that it just mocks ADG's top notes, then it disappears pretty much. A better choice would be Unbound. Then we have Heir..Heir doesn't deserve to be categorized with anything really, maybe with FCUK Him, both of these fall under the whole "wanna be youthful frags but failed miserably" you can throw Just Me in there with them. At least Just Me smells good coming out of the bottle. Again I stress..there's a logical reason why Heir is only sold at discounted prices. I'm not even going to explain. I'm not going to judge anybody based on their preferences and opinions. But, IMHO Heir is one of the worst frags ever made.. I'd rather wear Curve Crush over this stuff.

Sorry, but the Paris Hilton House is nothing but cheap watered down fragrances. Very synthetic, PH for men was tolerable, but longevity was an issue. I don't buy a frag based on it's initial scent (unless it's dirt cheap) but rather based on it's overall performance. Just Me was a cheap ADG rip off with more synthetics, decent when it comes out of the bottle, but 5 mins later you're gonna wanna scrub your skin off. PH frags expire fast too (this from the cheap ingredients). The only nice thing is that you usually get a ton of accessories when you buy a PH frag. Good for the younger crowd, or people who don't know about better frags out there. Not a good buy for somebody who wants to make an impression. A better alternative to PH for men would probably be something like Dunhill Pure, or BLV..both of these are fresh and clean, very floral yet masculine, both render a ton of compliments and have about 3 times the longevity. Just Me on the other hand.. Obviously an ADG ripoff, problem with Just Me is that it just mocks ADG's top notes, then it disappears pretty much. A better choice would be Unbound. Then we have Heir..Heir doesn't deserve to be categorized with anything really, maybe with FCUK Him, both of these fall under the whole "wanna be youthful frags but failed miserably" you can throw Just Me in there with them. At least Just Me smells good coming out of the bottle. Again I stress..there's a logical reason why Heir is only sold at discounted prices. I'm not even going to explain. I'm not going to judge anybody based on their preferences and opinions. But, IMHO Heir is one of the worst frags ever made.. I'd rather wear Curve Crush over this stuff.
    It seems to me that your a tad negative towards Paris Hilton scents.

On me Bvlgari Blv only lasts about 4 hours, and Paris Hilton for men and Just Me last about twice as long.

Have you actually worn Heir?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

On me Bvlgari Blv only lasts about 4 hours, and Paris Hilton for men and Just Me last about twice as long.

Renato
    Heehee. A tad negative indeed. I guess he just wanted to let that out, it seemed to be simmering for a while. My PH for Men sits proudly though alongside my discontinued gems and I'll be happily, no, giddily, be spritzing PH away for a loooong time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by funhuntr View Post
    Heehee. A tad negative indeed. I guess he just wanted to let that out, it seemed to be simmering for a while. My PH for Men sits proudly though alongside my discontinued gems and I'll be happily, no, giddily, be spritzing PH away for a loooong time to come.
    Negative? No.. not really. Honest? Yes. I do honest reviews, I say what people wanna say or what they wanna hear, I have about 50 reviews waiting on approval, all of which are honest. Sorry that I don't go with the majority, many feel obligated to approve of a fragrance just because it's a classic, I don't. I give my 100% honest opinion and I back it up with the facts. I apologize if this doesn't appeal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

Renato
    Sorry if I came off a bit strong. I have worn Heir, and as I said I was disgusted by it. I never really said anything negative about the original PH, I actually bought it when it first came out. It's unique, it's about as close as you can get to a feminine frag, yet still doesn't compromise its masculinity. I just believe there are better things out there in its category. Many get a metallic smell in the dry down, because of the synthetics. Now if somebody were to steal the original PH formula, maybe throw in some ambergris and take out some of the cheaper ingredients, I think we'd have a consecutive top seller. PH def has potential, but potential can only get you so far.. especially in the revolving fragrance market.. we all know stuff flies in and off of the shelves quicker than lightning and only the best stuff stays.

Well, Fortunately I was prudent enough to buy a sample! I like Paris Hilton for men (In my opinion, a nice fresh an fruity fragrance), used to like Just me (until the synthetic sweet notes annoy me) and all I can say about Heir is: It was one of the worst fragrances I've ever tried. Watered down, linear, common to the extreme. And on my skin, lasts 5 min.

Sorry if I came off a bit strong. I have worn Heir, and as I said I was disgusted by it. I never really said anything negative about the original PH, I actually bought it when it first came out. It's unique, it's about as close as you can get to a feminine frag, yet still doesn't compromise its masculinity. I just believe there are better things out there in its category. Many get a metallic smell in the dry down, because of the synthetics. Now if somebody were to steal the original PH formula, maybe throw in some ambergris and take out some of the cheaper ingredients, I think we'd have a consecutive top seller. PH def has potential, but potential can only get you so far.. especially in the revolving fragrance market.. we all know stuff flies in and off of the shelves quicker than lightning and only the best stuff stays.
    Fair enough. You don't like it, and that's your opinion. I've been known to express less than favorable views about some much loved very expensive scents too.
    Interesting that you mention it has a feminine aspect, because I can't help feel that part of it reminds me of something my wife wears. But she didn't think so, and she has way too many perfumes for me to go through and locate the mystery smell-alike scent.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Well, Fortunately I was prudent enough to buy a sample! I like Paris Hilton for men (In my opinion, a nice fresh an fruity fragrance), used to like Just me (until the synthetic sweet notes annoy me) and all I can say about Heir is: It was one of the worst fragrances I've ever tried. Watered down, linear, common to the extreme. And on my skin, lasts 5 min.
    Good to hear from you again, it's been a while.

Your contribution brings the total to 5 people who either don't like Heir or think it one of the worst scents ever.

Versus 5 people (including me) who either like it or think it's very good.

I guess that makes it a finely balanced scent.
    Cheers,
    Renato