Code of Conduct

Default Trèvert Eau de Parfum by Aftelier Perfumes

I received a generous a 1.2ml tiny bottle sample of Trevert for entering the Basenotes contest. We were asked to describe the relationship between the colour of a perfume's juice, and your wearing of it. Two free bottles were offered to the best descriptions.

I knew I wouldn't win so I just talked about the color of Trevert that was posted on Basenotes. It was a lime green like a popsicle or slurpy from 7-11. Absolutely disgusting color for a fragrance. WOW, was I surprised when I opened my sample. It is a beautiful dark emerald green, just like you would expect a pine based scent to look like. Nothing like the picture.

Aftelier lists the notes as Verdant pine absolute, leafy flouve absolute, and ambery clary sage contribute to this "very green" eau de parfum.

Mandy isn't going to get any awards for this creation, and I don't think it was her goal. I do think this pine scent does offer something unique for pine scents. No pine-sol effect, no over the top pine like you just chopped your Christmas tree. The pine is tempered oh so nice that renders it to be a beautiful soft floral. The secret ingredient not listed above is Tubereuse absolute in the heart notes. Perfect launch time for a perfect spring scent. An uplifting fun scent.

As usual for Aftelier perfumes, lasting power will vary. It's rather short lived on me, but I know for many others it will be more than adequate.

Default Re: Trèvert Eau de Parfum by Aftelier Perfumes

I'm getting a sample too, and I certainly look forward to trying it. Thanks for starting this ball rolling. Good comments.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

A quick check in the French version of wikipedia reveals that "flouve absolute" comes from Anthoxanthum odoratum, also known as Buffalo grass (or sweet vernal grass). In eastern Europe (mostly Poland and Russia), sprigs of this grass are used to infuse vodka, imparting a vanilla-like flavor. The plant is very high in coumarin, thence its use in perfumery. The name in French is "flouve odorante," from which the name flouve absolute.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 28th February 2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Basenotes Institution

Wearing my free sample of this now.

This morning when I first tested it out, I dabbed on just a tiny amount since I didn't have atomizers and I was sitting at my office desk. Applied this way, the results yielded a soapy pine accord similar to those kind of scented hand soaps you might see at a pharmacy or supermarket. Cheap. I quickly forgot about it and now tonight, when I came home I decanted it into a plastic atomizers and sprayed on 3 sprays. A world of difference! The pine is much more alive, but NOT sharp. Very soft. There is an aura of something acidic, which automatically I want to say is citrus (lemon) but perhaps it's the grasses and/or woods. Whatever it is, is probably what I attributed to the 'soapy' note I first smelled.

I also smell something akin to absinthe, not in a licorice-candy kind of way - not syrupy. Perhaps the smell you taste, in your throat, after you swallow a mouthful of absinthe (I say perhaps, because I've never tasted absinthe).

It has almost imperceptible sillage - all of the above notes I am getting because I'm raising my wrist to my nose - not because I am smelling it rising from my chest where I also applied it. Let's see how the sillage is next time I test it.

This is extremely unisex and I would think it's a must for any lover of green fragrances. It also smells fantastically edgy for an all-natural fragrance. But would I wear this? I'm not sure yet.

Tried out my sample of this- great start with a burst of pine, but the drydown on my skin only reminds me of a pine-scented car air freshener. Very dry and synthetic. Hopefully others have better luck (and skin chemistry) with this than I. Nice colour, though!

I am wearing my sample today, and I enjoy it. For me, this is a coumarin-centered fragrance. Everything revolves around that typical, slightly sweet hay and grass note. There are brief pine notes at the beginning (too brief, alas), and a bit of celery-leaf tang in the dry-down from the clary sage. But this really is something like a coumarin soliflore, in my opinion. It is a spring-like or summery scent, evoking the image of a walk through a sunny field. The juice is a lovely emerald green, but in my mind's eye I see a yellow green because of the sunshine, lemony suggestion, and hay.
    Not really a conehead (pine-dominated) scent but a very nice one.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 9th March 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I got an immediate nice green grass and hay ... a little sweetness behind that. There's a slight pine scent, yes, but to my nose not "cheap"... with the grass/hay it takes on a ... slightly chalky note... that keeps it from the cloying "air freshener".

Ambery sweetness behind the above....I am getting a TINY anise-like edge to it but definitely not the absinthe bitterness mentioned above (and I have tasted absinthe)... the middle is a little sweet flowery, a little fruity (could be the "grape jelly" phase of tuberose)... nice and clean though. Amber in the base I would say. Definitely more flowery in the drydown, the hay/grass GREEN is just barely detectable, in the still slightly chalkiness of this scent.

A nice one, but would need more skin time to do it justice..
    Last edited by actiasluna; 19th March 2010 at 02:07 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

I smell anise too actiasluna, I thought I was the only one.

Basenotes Institution

I just tried my Trevert .Extremely fetching bright emerald green color firstly. I get the pine, clary sage and like Mike I am getting some absinthe. Very refreshing, not tart in any way,soft, uinsex, al ittle grass.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.