Code of Conduct

Default The Ravishing Guerlinade EdP

If there is one perfume for which the lack of love truly surprises me, it has to be Guerlinade (1998). Few things in the world of perfumery get as much love as obscure Guerlains, yet this one seems to get a lukewarm reaction from nearly everyone who has tried it.

I think it is an amazing perfume. I know it seems like a pretty unassuming floral, but the quality seems extraordinary to me. I think it is just pure loveliness.

If someone asked me to pick a perfume to show what exquisite ingredients smell like, I would probably pick this.

Does nobody truly love it?
    Last edited by sean-dt; 28th February 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Default Re: The Ravishing Guerlinade EdP

I've never had the privellege of smelling it, but I recall Turin rated it 3*'s and called it a soapy floral. Doesn't sound like Guerlinade has even a trace of Guerlinade in it

I still have a few drops of my original Guerlinade from 1998. You are correct, there is no trace of the "Guerlinade" base, but it is a very lovely floral.
    Evenstar

Funny, I get loads of guerlinade from it: bergamot, rose, jasmine, iris, tonka bean, vanilla. That list is almost the definition of the guerlinade! I have some wrapping paper in its box and it reeks of guerlinade basenotes. But the initial impression is very floral, and I agree with sean-dt, of the most exquisite kind. A extra quality sign is how much it develops, so much so that most people just think of it as a "floral". That huge lilac opening makes it so nostalgic! A great choice of theme.

Mmmm, I am going to have to pay more attention to the base. Thanks Mr. G.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

I have never tried it. I just assumed it would be too sweet. I might have to now since I don't quite know what to expect.
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th February 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I have never tried it either.... has it been discontinued /only available in Paris ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I have never tried it either.... has it been discontinued /only available in Paris ?
    It was a limited edition in 1998 in very fancy packaging. Then it was reissued for the Parisiennes line but was discontinued subsequently. I managed to get an unopened bottle of the 1998 edition last year on eBay for a great price, and a bottle went the following week for even less. There is still some of it knocking around at a reasonable price, even if the buy-it-now prices are quite steep.
    Last edited by sean-dt; 28th February 2010 at 09:36 PM.

I remember when it came out with the book. Unfortunately Debenhams never had a tester, so I refused to pay £98 for a blind buy.
    It does appear on ebay without the book often.
    DONNA

I'd go as far as claiming that clear traces of L'Heure Bleue can be smelled in it, but with heliotrope being replaced by the lilac.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Mmmm, I am going to have to pay more attention to the base. Thanks Mr. G.