Code of Conduct

Smile Red For Men - What´s going on ?

This fragrance is listed as discontinued and used to fetch astronomical prices on ebay. Now suddenly it´s readily available and dirt cheap ! Has the fragrance been re-released or did someone discover a whole warehouse full of it ?!........it´s great to have some positive news on this subject for a change - and if it has indeed been re -released then mega thanks Beverly Hills guys for taking the initiative !!!!!

Default Re: Red For Men - What´s going on ?

It had been discontinued but was re-released, I think, in 2008.

I just saw about 5 of them recently at TJ Maxx here in NY

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    It had been discontinued but was re-released, I think, in 2008.
    Apparently one of the first action steps by Arden Inc when it acquired GBH in 2007. See http://www.basenotes.net/company/100349
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Both Red and Giorgio for Men were reintroduced in 2008.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Powerhouse fans owe a lot of gratitude to Elizabeth Arden for bringing back some great fragrances from the 70s and 80s, AND not screwing around with their formulas (e.g., Giorgio For Men, Giorgio Red, Halston Z-14, Bijan Men, Paul Sebastian PS, Grey Flannel, Sung Homme).
    Last edited by shamu1; 28th February 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Just thank the powers to be that Red for men is back and the world is a better place for it!

Now if they would just relaunch KL Homme! EA had the original rights for the Lagerfeld frags as well.

This stuff was missing forever. I remember having a tiny bottle around 1993 and had just a little bit left and the stuff just disappeared. I never really investigated why, so I came here and found out it was discontinued, then checked ebay and found it was rereleased and promptly ordered a 3.4oz tester bottle for $12. I've never been entirely sure about wearing this stuff though, I hate it right out of the bottle but after about an hour its great and it lasts all day. I always found the hour I hated it worth what I liked it for. Most of the time when I've worn it I haven't been out anywhere where I'd encounter a compliment on it so I don't know what others thing. I like the spicy drydown.