Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin holy cow....

Is this the most powerful thing ever produced in a bottle or what.....i sprayed one basic spray on my hand and it nearly killed me and its still there 8 hours later.....does anyone actually spray more than 2 sprays of this stuff?

Default Re: Pierre Cardin holy cow....

There are scents which last 24 hours plus (By Kilian).

It really depends, usually a good EDP has 12+ hours longevity
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Back in the early 80's, it was my signature scent and the ONLY scent I ever wore before discovering Basenotes. I still love it today but haven't worn it in years ... but back then, about 8-10 sprays on my neck and chest. Worked like a charm

Are you guys talking about Pierre Cardin Pour Homme from the early 70s? I agree that it's an amazingly great scent, but strong?? I get about 6 hours out of it, which isn't terrible, but I find it to be anything but strong. To me it smells like a classic. light oriental.

Blog Entries

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur stands out to me because it was released the year I graduated from high school (1972, easy to remember!). Its note accords are:

Top Notes
    Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Lavender, Basil.

Middle Notes
    Carnation, Geranium, Leather, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Orris .

Base Notes
    Vanilla, Moss, Tonka, Leather, Benzoin, Amber .

A true, but often forgotten classic. I loved it. Your post has made me want to go out and get a bottle of it this week. Been a long time since I've used it. A very nice oriental.

Yeah it's really good and only moderately strong...a rather light "heavy" scent. But didn't they just come out with Pour Homme in order to confuse everyone between that and Pour Monsieur from '72?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    ...about 8-10 sprays on my neck and chest. Worked like a charm
    My kind of guy

PCpH is a true classic. the original was so "creamy" compared with today's formulation, which i also like though. The "light heavy" description is spot-on. Liberal applications have not killed me, or others, so far. It is well-behaved under clothes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

A classic at a great price. Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur is one smooth 6 hour ride for me. I don't find it strong at all...

Wow, A very underated Frag, as good as most scents of it's time. IMO not very strong, but smells Great

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Are you guys talking about Pierre Cardin Pour Homme from the early 70s? I agree that it's an amazingly great scent, but strong?? I get about 6 hours out of it, which isn't terrible, but I find it to be anything but strong. To me it smells like a classic. light oriental.
    Ditto. It's nice, but powerhouse? Not on my skin, for sure.

PawelL

It's lovely, however I'd never call it strong.

Regards,
    Pawel

Times change...I remember wearing it in early 80s and it did seem fairly strong and I wore a LOT of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Ditto. It's nice, but powerhouse? Not on my skin, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Then they DEFINITELY changed the formula over the years. I used to spray that on right around 9 PM before going out and it was still going strong the next morning! Again, that was in the 80's though ...

During the early eighties this was one of my staple fragrances. I still love it, it carries a kind of flamboyant maleness to it and exudes a sweetness with a kind of dirty male underpinning to it. I loved it then and love it now - that, and my other great favourite from the same period, Cacharel pour Homme.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

"Holy Cow", strange name for a fragrance if you ask me!
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 7th March 2010 at 02:04 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads