Code of Conduct

Thread: Omaha, NE

Default Omaha, NE

There's a little more here than you might guess!

The Old Market district in downtown Omaha has a few good shops that are worth a look.

Nouvelle Eve no longer carries perfumes.

Trocadero carries Bond No. 9, Red Flower, Malin+Goetz body products, Korres body and skin care, Archipelago body products, Diptyque candles and a few other lines.

Souq carries a small selection of imported fragrance oils, soaps, incense.

Sephora: Omaha has a full-size Sephora store at Village Point mall, and the J.C. Penney's at Shadow Lake shopping center has a mini Sephora.

Ulta: Shadow Lake Towne Center has an Ulta. Another can be found at L Street Market place.

Discount stores: Omaha has two TJ Maxx stores and two Marshall's stores. Great bargains available at all of them.

SHOPPING MALLS

Westroads Mall:

Department Stores include Von Maur, Dillard's and Younkers. All three have typical department store offerings.

Westroads also has a Body Shop, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret and an independent boutique called Perfume Palace that has a pretty good selection and the guys working there love to cut deals if you buy more than one bottle.

Crossroads Mall: skip altogether. It's a dying mall with not much more to offer than a Target and Bath and Body works.

One Pacific Place: L'Occitane and Bath and Body Works.

Village Pointe: Sephora and Bath and Body Works.

Oakview Mall:

Department stores include Younker's and Dillard's. This Dillard's store has a branch of Kiehl's.

Oakview also has a Body Shop, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret and another branch of Perfume Palace.

Shadow Lake Towne Center:

Department stores include Gordman's (great place for deep discounts on mainstream scents) and a J.C. Penney's with a mini Sephora inside.

Shadow Lake also has Ulta, TJ Maxx, Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret.

Regency Court: has an Anthropologie with a nice selection of niche perfumes, and is also close to the Whole Foods, which has a great selection of Demeter, perfume oils, natural perfumes and essential oils.
    Last edited by NebraskaLovesScent; 17th March 2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removing outdated info

Blog Entries

Default Re: Omaha, NE

Hey, NeLovesScents- Nice to see you back. And thanks for the thorough review. I will check some of these out for sure!

Un profumo affettuoso

Omaha - isn't this the place George Clonney is "located" in his recent film...where he plays the "flying trouble-shooter"?
    I've never been to Omaha, but it doesn't sound as boring as in the film!

Hi, Kumquat! Nice to see you!

Jale, yes, that's correct! They actually shot some of the movie ("Up in the Air") not far from where I live, but the scenes from my neighborhood ended up on the cutting room floor.

It's certainly not New York, but it's nothing like it was portrayed in that movie, LOL!

Un profumo affettuoso

Wow, that's cool. What a pity they cut out the scenes! I'm glad your city is not as dull as portrayed in the movie - well, it can't be- with people like you around!

About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson was also filmed in Omaha with shots of the Woodmen Tower both in and out used in the movie.
    So here's another film depicting Omaha in a dull light. But it's not the most exciting place to live anyway. Which is why I liked it.

Just visited Von Maur at Westroads for the first time in a long time, and was surprised to see they now offer the Neil Morris fragrances, and also Shenendoah by Terri Michelle.

Blog Entries

Gosh, Neil Morris. That's pretty uptown for these parts!