Code of Conduct

Default Dolce & Gabbana's The One

After trying it again and again I think I've decided that I do indeed like it.. but I'm not certain if it's the whole composition or a certain note that piques my interest. For anyone that has it or has tried it, what are the MAIN notes? It seems like it's a simple, soft woody amber with a bit of spice (probably ginger) but then there's this one stand out note that I can't really explain because I've never smelled it before.

I'd also like some suggestions for, perhaps, a similar fragrance I could don for spring. Thanks in advance fellow BNers!

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana's The One

vanlla. it's all a big sweet fruity vanilla.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Blog Entries

Top Notes
    Grapefruit, Coriander, Basil.

Middle Notes
    Cardamon, Ginger, Orange Blossom.

Base Notes
    Cedar Wood, Ambergris, Tobacco

The above are the note accords as described here in basenotes. I like the fragrance okay, but it's nothing substantial to me. It's longevity isn't the best, either. For me, it's not near as classy or well done as the original Dolce & Gabbana that came out in the early 1990's. In fact, I feel fairly accurate in stating The One smells a lot like Avon's, Tomorrow for Men (to me it does), which has a cocoa and tobacco accord.

For spring, why not try a classic -- Monsieur de Givenchy from 1959. A WONDERFUL fragrance for anytime of the year, but especially in the spring and summer. You'll love it.

I really like the topnotes of The One but the drydown is a rather bland and disappointing. But nice bottle though.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Good stuff... wish it lasted longer. I've described it before as freshly baked cookies on a newly hewn cedar plank.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I really like the topnotes of The One but the drydown is a rather bland and disappointing. But nice bottle though.
    Yeah the top notes are what really interest me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    Good stuff... wish it lasted longer. I've described it before as freshly baked cookies on a newly hewn cedar plank.
    Wow I'll have to think about that the next time I try it!

whoaa...no vanilla listed among notes? incredible, I smell a huge amount of vanilla in The One. Og the ones listed I can only smell tobacco, ginger and grapefruit. But all cover with a huge wave of vanilla, plus sone more fruits.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

It could just be me, but I smell a big pineapple note.

My Take on D & G "The One"

Last edited by thierry mugler; 3rd March 2010 at 02:28 AM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

In my opinion, D&G The One is one of those very tiring scents, wearing this scent made me very nauseous and uncomfortable. At first you may think it is a fine scent but wearing it is a total different story.
    Last edited by Markx; 3rd March 2010 at 07:02 AM.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu