Code of Conduct

Default Miller et Bertaux #2 Spiritus

This is one that I purchased over a year ago and never really gave much of a chance... wearing just once or twice. I think I bought it because it smelled SO unlike anything else out there - the same feeling I had when I purchased/tried SMN's Pot Pourri for the first time. Anyways, I was out testing scents yesterday and the owner of the shop tried selling me this one again so I figured I should dig it out and give it another try... After wearing for a full day I have to say that I'm really enjoying it... I think that what has always bugged me about this one is the strong initial ginger blast but the drydown is very nice soapy spice. What do you think of this one?
    Last edited by Popgeer; 1st March 2010 at 02:21 AM.

Default Re: Miller et Bertaux #2 Spiritus

Love it. Love the zingy fresh-cut ginger root smell. Love the uber-dry incense/wood scent. It wears very well on me.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I have a strange love/hate relationship with it. It's definitely very original. There's nothing like it. Still, sometimes it feels so dry that it almost gives me a gritty sensation. It's like Tabarome Millesime's crazy cousin. I'm going to have to start wearing it again and see how I feel about it.

Despite it's early 21st century ginger-incense hipness, I perceive it (for once agreeing with Luca Turin) as an old fashioned Norman Rockwell soapy barbershop/bathroom thing and whenever I'm in the mood for that, there is nothing better.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

On my 3rd straight day wearing this one... I'm really digging it now.

Basenotes Institution

Does anyone else think this smells like Jaisalmer (Series 3: Incense) by Comme des Garcons?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac