Code of Conduct

Default TF Private Blends Faked ?

I was wondering if anyone knew if Tom Ford private blends have been faked ?

I recently acquired Tuscan Leather which smells good but there are differences
    in the packaging that just give me second thoughts / suspicions

The ingredients list is printed on a sticker on the back of the box where as all the others I have arent a few other subtle differences also
    Last edited by Pour_Monsieur; 1st March 2010 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: TF Private Blends Faked ?

What size is the Tuscan Leather?
    1.7oz, 3.4oz, 8.4oz ???

50ml bottle , its the only one with the sticker on the back of the box out of all my TF bottles , just strikes me as being a bit odd

Maybe Im just being silly :?

Where did you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    50ml bottle , its the only one with the sticker on the back of the box out of all my TF bottles , just strikes me as being a bit odd

Maybe Im just being silly :?
    Are the rest of your Private Blends 50ml also?
    I am just wondering if the narrowness of the 50ml's box would be the reason to use a sticker instead?
    Or perhaps Tom Ford is just saving money on his most recent packaging?

I have an 8.4 flacon of Tobacco Vanille and it's printed in gold directly to the textured brown box, I don't have a 50ml box for comparison, so IDK.

A sticker with an updated allergens list is not unheard of nowadays.

I have 3 box of TF Private Blend 50ml, and they all have the list of ingredients PRINTED in gold on the borwn box. above is the "caution: flammable" in 6 languages. Below, on the base of the box, is the copyright.

I am not sure if there are any TF Private Blend fakes, but I know that Black Orchid/VdF/White Patchouli has fakes floating about in Ebay.
    Please be wary of getting them from sellers from Turkey/Bulgaria.

I have seen a few of these going for ~100 AUD on Ebay (pick-up only from the Eastern States) which is about 1/3 of what our department stores are charging, regardless I would be very suspicious. Does it smell like the normal Tuscan Leather?

I tried Tuscan Leather on Friday expecting to be blown away, needless to say Cuiron is still my favorite leather. If only I could find a bottle that can be shipped to Aus...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Oh god, just yesterday I ordered a bottle of Neroli Portofino on ebay. Now I'm wringing my hands.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently received a new bottle of Amber Absolute, and I was also surprised to see a sticker on the back of the box, instead of gold printing like my other two 50ml Private Blend bottles. Is this just more recent packaging? Can any other recent buyers of any of the 50ml confirm that this is common for the newer bottles? Thanks.

Just bought a TL flacon this week, there is what appears to be some form of a sticker on the back, though they do a good job of disguising that it's a sticker.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Ive bought 8 from the private line (all 50ml) from ebay UK. Good prices, great smell, fantastic longevity.

All with a REMOVED sticker at the back of the bottle. Unboxed.
    Maybe its a control of the lots, or something.

I have bought 4 50ml PB's in the last 6 months or so, from very well known / reputable shops. The information on the back of them all is printed in gold direct on the box... No stickers. Though I have one anomaly, which is my Neroli Portofino Sticker on the front of the box is upside down!! I'm not worried that this is fake at all, just that whoever placed the sticker was drunk!
    LOST! in scent and music

I'd be surprised if a faker decided to reproduce the 50 ml instead of the 100 ml bottles. Seems like most fakes I've seen are of the largest size (for example, the 4 ounce Creeds, not the 2.5 ounce sizes). It costs money to set up a production line to reproduce the bottles and packaging, and it makes more economic sense to fake the largest possible size.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I'd be surprised if a faker decided to reproduce the 50 ml instead of the 100 ml bottles. Seems like most fakes I've seen are of the largest size (for example, the 4 ounce Creeds, not the 2.5 ounce sizes). It costs money to set up a production line to reproduce the bottles and packaging, and it makes more economic sense to fake the largest possible size.
    Very good point. Never thought if it that way. The fake Creeds I've seen are all the larger 100 ml size.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Except that very few PB's are still available in the 100 ml size, and most are being phased out anyway. Still, probably not a line that would get faked since it's not that widely popular. Also, again, the recent ones I've bought up to and including this week, now have a sticker on the back.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I collect for a long time Ford's private collection. I have different bottles (50ml, 100ml, 250ml). An engraving gold on boxes only on White Collection and cream Santal Blush.
    Other with stickers on the back of the boxes. It is confident authenticity of all bottles on 100 %.

ooops

I have never heard any from his line being faked personally.

Thanks for the responses guys. I tried it on after I posted, and it smelled fantastic, projected insane, and had killer longevity, so I figured it was legit (as I bought it blind and had nothing to compare it to), but the responses just confirmed it. Was just a little curious since my other PB's didn't have a sticker.