Code of Conduct

Default Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen

Good Monday to all!

Has anyone tried this fragrance? The published notes and the few written impressions I've found sound interesting. Looking forward to anyone's opinion!

Also, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I've yet to find it. Any appropriate link is appreciated!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen

It is OK - but I didn't find it to be anything special or worth purchasing. I much prefer Brooks Brothers Black Fleece for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It is OK - but I didn't find it to be anything special or worth purchasing. I much prefer Brooks Brothers Black Fleece for Men.
    What is Black Fleece like?

I also like one called 1811 (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I also like one called 1811 (I think)
    1818...wonderful fragrance.

any thoughts on that royal lime line? I've seen it before but never got round to sniffing it.
    (sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here)
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    any thoughts on that royal lime line? I've seen it before but never got round to sniffing it.
    (sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here)
    No problem! Haven't tried the Royal Lime line, but did just get a small bottle of NY Gentlemen. Although I need to wear it a few more times, I think it's ok, but reminded me of Cool Water when first applied. Decent longevity. More later.

Black fleece is really nice, but since there are many ISO E super prejudices around here, be warned, it does have a goodly amount.

I remember Chandler Burr's description of it as a "Lexus" type of scent-- my rehash of that comparison meaning luxury, not so much excitement, but a solid performer with good, predictable quality.
    Pretty much sums it up, I'd say. I own it, love wearing it, but find it more suited for office-type environments. Not going to turn too many heads, but people who would notice it might think, "that smells really good." Sometimes that's all I want for, really.
    To sum up: a solidly crafted, reasonably long-lasting lemon scent. One of the better, non-dramatic lemons I own, in fact.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Black fleece is really nice, but since there are many ISO E super prejudices around here, be warned, it does have a goodly amount.
    Must be why I like it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Must be why I like it.
    Me too!

Thumbs up Re: Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by TexBilly View Post
    1818...wonderful fragrance.
    Agreed!!!!! Smells like Paul Sebastian. IMHO.
    Last edited by Zerby; 9th March 2010 at 08:10 PM.

I picked this up in NYC last week. Unfortunately, I had no luck at the discounters (see the TJ Maxx/Marshalls thread) so ended up paying retail. I like it. Reminds me quite a lot of Grey Vetiver, and does a similar 'clean-cut'/smart suit kind of job.

Don't remember the names, but tried whatever they had available in the store last time I stopped in, but none got my attention.