Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Jubilation 25: suitable for men?

I had the opportunity to try the female version of Jubilation for the first time and was even more impressed than from XXV. What are your expreriences about wearing it?

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation 25: suitable for men?

I got this for my girlfriend and this scent while beautiful is not something I could wear myself, it's very feminine to my nose, much more so than even Homage.

i hav bothe jubilations and i find my self usig 25 more then xxv.
    i love 25 and it works great on my skin and i dont think of it to be too feminine.

I agree with Moreda, I prefer the 25. It is the only femme fragrance that I own, so upon application, I always wonder if it smells feminine to others. Late in the day, I notice that it stills smells great, and realize that I had forgotten all about its gender specificity. I don't find it femme at all. Or homme either, really. Just a bit exotic and very pleasant.

It can be rather feminine or even verging on masculine, depending on how your skin treats it. On my girlfriend it is amazing. The davana note comes out strongly as does the incense and myrrh and its very feminine and beguiling. On me the tarragon is the star of the show and it's more masculine, but also less interesting than it is on her.

I much prefer it on her, and prefer XXV on myself. They do pair quite nicely, too. That being said, I think 25 is a great scent (another masterpiece by Lucas Sieuzac!) and if your skin emphasizes the more masculine aspects of the scent I don't think you have anything to worry about out in public.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'm finding that I'm beginning to prefer 25 over XXV more and more. While XXV is a wonderful perfume, 25 really feels like it becomes 'part of you' - that it truly melds with the skin and yet, at the same time, is not only part of you but an aura that gently envelops you.

It smells of a divine temple offering (frankincense and myrrh, rose petals and ylang ylang), along with the wine consumed during the celebration and the flesh of the bodies of the tantric love making afterwards. A unification of masculine and feminine, pagan and priest, raw passion and refined intellect.

Hard to wear too regularly only because it would feel sacrilegious.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 21st February 2011 at 06:19 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Mrs. J. liked 25 when she tested it but she's a tricky one when it comes to measuring enthusiasm levels so it has yet to arrive in her collection. I liked it too on her, not on myself, and prefer XXV by quite a bit. However, I could see them making a very fascinating combination; we didn't try that. That being said, I would not find 25 any more ''feminine'' than Le Male or Cologne pour le Soir.

Rochas Femme and Jubilation 25 are not my type, but are perfectly fine for a man to wear given today's standards. There is quite some niche stuff out there (which is marketed "unisex") that is a lot more daring.
    I wear everything I like and I feel comfortable with. Do not overestimate people's noses around you!