Code of Conduct

Post What is the longest lasting Creed Fragrance for Men

Now I am convinced that Creed is the only niche fragrance that I can wear (haven’t tried Amouage and L’artisan yet) I am looking for the top 5 longest lasting Creed Fragrances I would also like it to fulfil these criteria as well.
    1. The Creed fragrance should be modern (not older than 15 years)
    2. The Creed Fragrance should be wearable when I fly off to Iron mine sites(It get to 50 degrees centigrade)
    3. Should be wearable among Tax Lawyers and Tax accountants(Casual ones are ok as well).
    I would really appreciate your suggestions.
    P.S. If we can get creed to be long lasting let’s do so. I love Himalaya but it doesn’t last very long.
    Last edited by gistmei5; 2nd March 2010 at 04:25 AM.

Default Re: What is the longest lasting Creed Fragrance for Men

original vetiver to me last the longest
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 2nd March 2010 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gistmei5 View Post
    1. The Creed fragrance should be modern (not older than 12 years)
    Do you realize that you knocked the list down to a total of 5 (7 with unisex) available fragrances with that one restriction? You killed GIT, SMW and MI right off the bat.

With that, I would say Original Vetiver is your best bet of the remaining lot.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 2nd March 2010 at 04:12 AM.

I wanted to exclude oldies like Acer Aluminium e.t.c you can surgest other as long as it is not too old.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Do you realize that you knocked the list down to a total of 5 (7 with unisex) available fragrances with that one restriction? You killed GIT, SMW and MI right off the bat.

With that, I would say Original Vetiver is your best bet of the remaining lot.
    Thank for the heads UP

Vintage Tabarome is the winner. Acier Aluminum is first runner up. BdP comes in third. New Tabarome is fourth place.

Limiting the Creed selection to those introduced since 1998 limits your choices with them.
    At a quick glance, there are only five men's scents they've developed in the last 12 years, so it's easy to say these are the five longest lasting:

Tabarome Millesime
    Original Santal
    Original Vetiver
    Himalaya
    Green Valley

If you're going to be restrictive to 1998- that's it. Unless you want to count Windsor, which is anything BUT modern. Feuille Verte was a limited edition that I don't think is available.

I guess I'd go with Tabarome Millesime (2000). That lasts pretty well on me. Ginger/Citrus/Tobacco.

If you broaden your horizons at all, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal and Millesime Imperial might suit you. MI is the most "modern" I suppose and probably best suited to 50c.

Vintage Tabarome and Royal English Leather last forever and a day, but they are old school and will get oppressive in that kind of heat.

I am a fan of many Creeds, but if you're looking for "modern," they might not be your best bet. To me, most of their best stuff is very traditional; old style. Why hung up on them?

Amouage Dia is a great scent that might meet your needs. Modern? Kind of a relative term to me.

What I think of as modern scents don't seem to mix well with tax lawyers and accountants. Dior Homme. L'Air du Desert Morocain. Dzing. Rochas Man. M7.

Also fragrance longevity varies to a large degree from person to person. Not sure how "we" can get Creed to be long lasting. Read through reviews and if a lot of people generally cite good longevity, it probably has some legs. But you have to sample.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 2nd March 2010 at 04:41 AM.

Bois du Portugal, has the best longevity, buy a sample and try it and see for yourself if it fits you.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Tabarome Millesime

Now I am convinced that Creed is the only niche fragrance that I can wear (haven’t tried Amouage and L’artisan yet) I am looking for the top 5 longest lasting Creed Fragrances I would also like it to fulfil these criteria as well.
    1. The Creed fragrance should be modern (not older than 15 years)
    2. The Creed Fragrance should be wearable when I fly off to Iron mine sites(It get to 50 degrees centigrade)
    3. Should be wearable among Tax Lawyers and Tax accountants(Casual ones are ok as well).
    I would really appreciate your suggestions.
    P.S. If we can get creed to be long lasting let’s do so. I love Himalaya but it doesn’t last very long.
    If you are flying into Port Hedland or the Newman mine something light is a must. Re-apply if you have to, it is not a crime. I'd suggest Royal Water or Green Valley.
    Last edited by surreality; 2nd March 2010 at 05:13 AM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I agree with Surreality- Royal Water would likely suit you best and has decent longevity for a Creed.

Thanks surreality,Yes, it's Yandi & Cape Lambert. It should be light, long lasting & good projection, do mind expanding to include GIT and other series. More sugesstions. Tabarome Millesmime seems popular

Of all those abot 20 ones I know, GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Of all those abot 20 ones I know, GIT.
    Oh really, tell me how to get past 4 hours. Please.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Even though it's more than 15 years old, I find Green Irish Tweed to be the longest lasting Creed by far. I literally get 24 hour longevity out of it, not joking, and that's with only two sprays. Any more than that, and my wife tells me that she can taste it.

I'm amazed when I hear about some people only getting a couple of hours out of GIT. It is probably the longest lasting scent I own (followed closely by Van Cleef, Paul Sebastian, Mazzolari Lui and Giorgio For Men).

Why is creed the only niche you can wear?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Tabarome Millesime and Original Vetiver last all day long.

I would say that putting those restrictions on your fragrances will have you missing out on a world of good smells. To dismiss the bulk of niche perfumery and most of the Creeds seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. It will simplify things though.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I agree that Creed is simply the wrong house for your needs. You'd be better off with something from ETRO, biehl etc., e.g.:
    Laura Tonatto Albi, Iss, or Oltre
    Biehl eo02
    Etro Vetiver
    Czech&Speake Cuba
    Divine L'Homme Coeur

....or simply Terre d'Hermes

If "modern" Creed and for hot climes, then Original Vetiver ---but Selection Verte (1970) is the better perfume IMO and in no way old fashioned. Mint notes are quite hip in fact.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 2nd March 2010 at 03:21 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

haven tried Sege Lutens (I find it too strong) Bond no. 9 (I don't find it unique)

GIT is the most tenacious fragrance that I use - it's the only one that I'm self-conscious of when applying as it goes on STRONG.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Easy: Original Vetiver.
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

GIT lasts all day on my skin, and would be a perfect fit (imo) for the conditions you've listed. G.L.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Why is creed the only niche you can wear?
    Duh, Creed is the king of niche lol.

I don't think you should be so restrictive on your options for the Creed you want. The age of a cologne means nothing... if it smells good that's the only thing that should matter, not if it was made post 1995 or whatever.

I personally don't have a vast amount of knowledge on Creed but do have a degree of knowledge; considering the versatility you want I think Orginal Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed and Royal Water could be good options. I used to judge GIT on the negative side but I've since become more positive towards GIT... the opening is great, the dry down is superb and I get 'good' longevity. For what you want for versatility I'd lean more towards GIT as it has everything you want and I don't think it'll disappoint.

To strech the versatility Which of the GIT,original Vetiver or Tabarome Millesime will be more appropriate for a romantic purposes.

I don't think of any of those as particularly "romantic." They are solid, workaday scents. Women won't dislike them, but I don't see them as dating frags per se. Tabarome Millesime is the "warmest" to me.

To strech the versatility Which of the GIT,original Vetiver or Tabarome Millesime will be more appropriate for a romantic purposes.
    It'd be foolish to say GIT despite not having smelt Tabarome Millesime... but considering I haven't smelt Tabarome Millesime I'd probably have to say GIT would work best for romantic purpose. Although GIT isn't a babe magnet like some colognes out there, it's a cologne which will still draw compliments and at the same time I cannot imagine a woman saying they don't like it because I can't think what would make it dislikable.

I am just streching it to see how versartile they can be. I look for versatility in fragrances too. What about Royal Water?

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Easy: Original Vetiver.
    Agreed that OV last a long time, but the sillage is not good on my skin. People have to come very close to smell it. I have to re-apply after 4-hours. I think it`s better for spring and summer. Of the Creeds I own, I get most longevity and sillage out of Tabarome Millesime. 3 sprayes is enough.
    -I have order a bottle of Acier Aluminium. How is the sillage and staying power on this one? I have read that is very good to be an edt..

Bois Du Portugal has IMHO the best longevity and highest Sillage.

and surely is for formal occassions. Try it.

Now I am convinced that Creed is the only niche fragrance that I can wear (haven’t tried Amouage and L’artisan yet)
    Am I to understand that you have tried every niche brand except for Amouage and Artisan?

GIT is not long lasting! Off your list, I'd pick Original Santal.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    Whilst I love OS, I wouldn't wear it in a very hot environment, it would be overpowering.

In a hot environment I would wear something much lighter, and it wouldn't be Creed, it would be Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's. It will still smell great at high temperatures and will be acceptable to lawyers and the like. Oh and it lasts a long time too. I can wear it all day with one application.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    Have to agree about GIT. Love it but it doesn't last long at all. Stays too close to the skin after 2 hours and you have to spray your t-shirt to get any duration.

I haven't found a modern Creed that impressed me with longevity, especially the citrus/fresh scents.

Royal English Leather is one of the few Creed fragrances that actually last a long time on me (8+ hours) and unlike many others on this board, I actually prefer wearing it in hotter weather.
    Last edited by teflondog; 23rd March 2010 at 05:29 AM.

As a general rule I've found that the older line, the eau de toilette line, is reliably longer lasting than the other lines by this manufacturer.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

GIT varies under many conditions. Personally I get great longevity out of it - 8 hours easily. When I say longevity I'm not talking about how long it stays strong for, I'm talking about how long is it there before it's gone entirely. A lot of people basically get "top note fatigue" and expect to have those strong top notes through and through, and it just isn't gonna happen.

But that's just my feedback on GIT, I haven't tried any of the other Creed's because of such mixed reviews, but I heard Royal Water has excellent longevity. I've also heard that Acier Aluminum and Royal Delight last up to 24 hours.