Code of Conduct

Default How often do you "get sick of" a fragrance in your collection?

Hello everyone.
    I wanted to share some thoughts I'm having about this issue.

I currently have about 20 bottles in my collection. I obviously liked them all when I decided to purchase them (no blind buys).
    However, if I brake it down now, it would go something like this:

Number of bottles that I feel neutral about them - 13
    Number of bottles that I'm basically sick of by now - 5
    Number of bottles that I absolutely love and look forward to using them - 2

The annoying thing is, all of those 5 hated bottles are 90 percent full. So it's not like I used the hell out of them and now I'm sick of them. I think I simply rushed with my purchase.

I'm seriously thinking about buying samples only from now on.

Default Re: How often do you "get sick of" a fragrance in your collection?

I've lost count, but I do tend to revisit the former favourites from time to time.

i'm fickle

I think the trick for me is that I will purchase a full bottle of any fragrance only if I really love it (like doesn't count). If I like it, no go. If I absolutely love it. It's a full bottle go. The frags that I just like - I usually will get a large sample of and use that. Just my 2 bits.

Never.

I would say that I never really get sick or tired of any of them. Since I have over 100, getting around to giving them all at least one wear a year is challenging. I have somewhat remedied that, since I have a list of all my frags in my fragrance closet, and I attempt to give each of them at least one wear each year (and I check them off each time to keep myself honest). The rest of the time, I wear my favorites (although I really do like almost everything I own). I could see getting tired of one of them if I only owned a dozen. Variety (in fragrances) is the spice of life! Although I might add, that I wore Tabac Original EDC exclusively for almost 20 years, and I never got tired of it (actually, I have grown to love it even more!)!

I have found the more I wear a fragrance, the more I like it. ALSO, when I come back to a fragrance after several weeks, I like it even more than before. I don't regret a single purchase in my wardrobe (you can see what is there), and I would not get rid of anything even though there are some that are more special than others.
    Last edited by vonMises; 2nd March 2010 at 10:18 PM.

I liked A*men on the strip....I hate it on my skin. I hold on to that bottle hoping that one day I have a patchouli epiphany!!!

I generally get bored after a few days of something, but if I come back to it, I know it's a probably a keeper. It has taken me 4 years of serious sniffing, trial and error, to figure out what i really need to own. I have gotten my collection down from a very flabby 100 bottles to about 30. Ideally, I'm aiming for a 6 - 8 bottle collection, slots for 4 signature scents and 4 for new experiences. I'll always have a heavily rotating collection of samples.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 2nd March 2010 at 11:22 PM.

"sick of" - rarely... however, I may occasionally not have the same interest I once did in something. It's usually ebbs and flows though - that same scent may be my favorite thing a couple months later.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    I have found the more I wear a fragrance, the more I like it. ALSO, when I come back to a fragrance after several weeks, I like it even more than before.
    Me too
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I only have 15 and I am not sick of any. My only problem is psyching myself not to increase the tally unnecessarily

Thanks to samples, I get to experience everything without the guilt of looking at unused bottles in my wardrobe.
    Last edited by Granola; 3rd March 2010 at 12:20 AM.

I rarely wear the same fragrance two consecutive days.
    Last edited by Spray; 3rd March 2010 at 03:05 AM.