Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Armani Code Ultimate for Men

Has anyone purchased/tried this one? I have been told that it is a wonderful scent and has a touch of Dior Homme Intense. Can anyone verify that?

I bought this a few days ago & I must say that I enjoy it more than the original code it's a richer, heavier version & yes it follows the same theme of Dior homme intense but that is an EDP & ultimate is an EDT & yet it lasts & projects longer than the regular code. I am concerned about the constant flankers but I understand the nature of the business is to sell & market. The bottle design has been around since Mania so Armani are saving money by not having to design a new bottle & can churn out armani code, ultimate, code sport & code athlete without breaking sweat. But Ultimate is a good quality frag for the masses

Default Re: Armani Code Ultimate for Men

Saw it at Macy's today. Sniffed it on paper, and it smelled pretty darn good. Next time, I'll give it a full wearing on skin.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I've tried and will purchase.....Longevity was amazing on my skin.....Gary

Blog Entries

Gotta try this. DHI for the masses! Love it.

I thought that La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum was a nice push by stronger scents into the male mainstream. This sounds like another step forward.

Approve!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Guess I'm taking a trip to Macys and sniffing this one out. Anything that even resembles DHI usually sits well with me. And if the projection is above average, even better.

An Armani fragrance.... with longevity, sillage and.... projection....

<_<

>_>

lol /\

I am so going to try this! I do like Code..so, ya, gotta test it!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I wasn't impressed. I got a mix of anise and vanilla. It reminded me of a linear au masculine. I found it pointless and not as rich as the original.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I thought it was kind of nice but nothing extraordinary.

Anyone get more leather notes in this? Please say yes! I like leather in men's scents, not too found of it in women's scents. Ya, I tend to categorize a bit. This is supposed to have more leather notes, is it not?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Anything like DHI is tempting.
    Last edited by Alvus; 24th August 2012 at 04:45 AM.

Ok, I like it a lot EXCEPT for one particular synthetic note - a note that is also quite prominent in 1 Million - that just ruins it for me. I can't even describe the note except to say that it is synthetically sweet and scratchy/woody in the worst of ways.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Nothing like DHI. Avoid at all costs.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It smells too soapy for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Another, I'm going to rip you off, flanker by Armani. It will be discontinued in about a year.

Finally tried it.. It's entirely way too sweet. It's stronger for sure..projects more, longevity..there. But too sweet. Somebody please make this sweetness madness in fumes stop! It's way sweet and vanilla-y. I did pick up on some leather...but it was drown with vanilla.. The original was better imo, weaker but better. I thought the original was a little sweet(though I like the original).. but this takes the cake..no wait, it is the cake! Lol. I like vanilla in women's scents but not men's. I want loads of leather, some tobacco, spice and woods..nothing sweet or sugared, please! I was hoping it would be a better tweeking of the original and stronger...I must have forgot what year we are in...I should have known.
    Last edited by kalli; 24th August 2012 at 04:31 PM.

I tried this today at Macy's, and I've now had it on my skin for about 3 hours.

At first spray, there is a note so horribly synthetic that I thought this one was going to be an immediate scrubber. It was my wife who actually encouraged me to give it time.

Whatever this note is, it also appears in Armani Code Sport. In the Sport version, the synthetic note lasts from beginning to end of the wearing, making it an impossible fragrance for me to enjoy.

In the Ultimate version, the synthetic note all but disappears after 15 or 20 minutes, thankfully. So, 3 hours later I'm left with something that smells very much like, well, Armani Code.

If you own the original Code, I see no reason to suffer through the synethic blast of Ultimate, only to end up with original Code again.

My wife's opinion is that the note I dislike so intensely is Armani's attempt at something suede-like.

No thanks.

If it's sweet woods and tonka you're after, go for something like Roberto Cavalli black.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Nothing like DHI. Avoid at all costs.
    I didn't get any DHI either, sad to say.

I felt like they tampered with the original - and took out some of what I liked. The Sport was actually more interesting to me.

I may try a sample someday, but no real interest after smelling it on paper.