Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Pascal Morabito Nejma Fragrances

Has anyone tried any of these and have any comments on them?

Nejma One - Notes include Nutmeg, Cumin, Saffron, Cinnamon, Green Mandarin, Orange Flower, Tobacco, Oud Wood, Bourbon Vetiver, White Musk, Vanilla Pod and Mysore Sandalwood.

Nejma Two - Notes include Oud, Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Broad Bean Tonka, and Coumarin.

Nejma Three - Notes include Bulgarian Rose, Hibiscus, Oud Wood, Ylang Ylang, Damask Rose and Sandalwood.

Nejma Four -Notes include Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Bergamont, Peach, Jasmine, Narcissus, Ottoman Rose, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cistus Gravitate and Oud.

Nejma Five - Notes include Bergamot, Grapefruit, Peach, Blackcurrant, Narcissus, Violet, Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose, Neroli, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Amber.

Nejma Six - Notes include Apple, Pineapple, Coconut, Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Bergamot, Petigrain, Incense, Tonka Bean, Oud, Sandalwood and White Musk.

Nejma Puro - Notes include Jamaican Rum, Mexican Lime, Mint Leaf, Cactus Sap, Prickly Pear, Cinnamon Bark, Cuban Cigar Leaves, Mahogany, Haitian Vetiver Root.

Nejma Puro Intense - Cuban Rum, Mexican Lime, Bitter Orange, Cinnamon bark, Arabica Coffee, Cocoa Bean, Cuban Cigar Leaves, Mahogany, Burnt Caramel.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Pascal Morabito Nejma Fragrances

I was wondering this myself... I'm very curious. Haven't been able to find much about them online.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I have the first six. Bought all of them directly from the PM-Nejma boutique in Switzerland six months ago, blind, (after a quick sniff of each on site) for my collection. Made in France and are supposedly also sold at the Pascal Morabito boutique in Paris. Not marketed to either gender specifically. Are available to purchase on Ebay for about $135 each. Not interested in the last two. Number One and Number Two are my favorites.
    Last edited by hednic; 2nd March 2010 at 11:14 PM.

I own Nejma One. I just bought it a few days ago, and although I've worn it once already I want to wear it again before commenting in more detail. I'm going to wear it today and I'll report back this evening. But I can say that I like it and it's a nice wear. It contains an accord that reminds me of rubber or leather, and the overall smell reminds me, at least during the initial and middle stages, of an old fashioned, sweetish leather scent, Creed's REL, for example.

The shop I bought this from only had Nejma One and Nejma Two. I sniffed both at the shop but bought Nejma One. Based only upon brief sampling on paper strips in the shop I would say that Nejma Two is stronger than Nejma One, with more prominent oud. I would also guess that Nejma Two is drier overall than Nejma One, but I didn't get anywhere close to the drydown on Nejma Two, so take all this with a grain of salt. But during the initial stages Nejma Two is drier and more oud dominated that Nejma One.

I would like to hear hednic's thoughts on Nejma One, and all of them, really.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 3rd March 2010 at 02:43 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I own Nejma One. I just bought it a few days ago, and although I've worn it once already I want to wear it again before commenting in more detail. I'm going to wear it today and I'll report back this evening. But I can say that I like it and it's a nice wear. It contains an accord that reminds me of rubber or leather, and the overall smell reminds me, at least during the initial and middle stages, of an old fashioned, sweetish leather scent, Creed's REL, for example.

The shop I bought this from only had Nejma One and Nejma Two. I sniffed both at the shop but bought Nejma One. Based only upon brief sampling on paper strips in the shop I would say that Nejma Two is stronger than Nejma One, with more prominent oud. I would also guess that Nejma Two is drier overall than Nejma One, but I didn't get anywhere close to the drydown on Nejma Two, so take all this with a grain of salt. But during the initial stages Nejma Two is drier and more oud dominated that Nejma One.

I would like to hear hednic's thoughts on Nejma One, and all of them, really.

noggs
    Thanks noggs.

I found a review of One and Two: http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...-morabito.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just read those reviews. I don't get urinal cake, disinfectant, or bug spray from Nejma One, and am somewhat surprised by these comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Thanks noggs.

I found a review of One and Two: http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...-morabito.html

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have the first six. Bought all of them directly from the PM-Nejma boutique in Switzerland six months ago, blind, (after a quick sniff of each on site) for my collection. Not interested in the last two. Number One and Number Two are my favorites.
    If you sampled Puro or Pure Intense could you give your impressions of them ?

Now that I've worn Nejma One again I can say a bit more about it.

I think I now see what Kelley was getting at in his review at Perfume Smellin' Things. I find the opening quite pleasant, but can see how some people might relate it to urinal cakes or another type of deodorant thingamajig. I think it's a very nice, soft, slightly fresh blend of fruit, spices, and flowers where it's difficult to pick out individual notes. After a few minutes the oud makes its present known, and I get something that may or may not be cumin.

The middle stage sees the oud and tobacco becoming stronger, and this is the part that Donna described as disinfectant. The oud note is lean and arid, and in combination with the tobacco, vetiver and cumin gives this stage a bit of an animalic, slightly sweaty, slightly spicy smell. To me it smells more like sweetened rubber, but also reminds me of a traditional sweetish leather scent, reminiscent of Knize 10's strange gasoline and leather smell, but quite different. I don't find this accord unpleasant at all, and in fact I rather like it. But it is kind of an odd chemical smell that others may not care for.

As it dries down the oud and tobacco seem to recede, and the base is a round, musky, lightly sweet vanilla with sandalwood. It loses the chemical smell by then and the base is the most "normal" and easy to appreciate stage of the scent. It lasts for a long time but stays relatively close. But the drydown is a long time coming, three to four hours after application. I think the earlier stages of the development are more diffusive than the base.

It's a rather odd fragrance. It might be a good idea to sample before buying if possible. It's not that cheap, either. I paid about $135 for my 100ml bottle, and it is sold for higher prices than that.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 6th March 2010 at 05:35 PM.

I'm testing today Nejma Five. It striked me as a different oud interpretation. I got at the opening a sharp flower smell. I cannot distinguish the flowers, but I detect a flower aldeidic opening, that seems to go more on the feminine direction. Then I got some fruits, but these are odd fruits, that has at one time a waxy smell and then they seem to go on a crayonish smell. Only after one-two hours i detect the oud. The oud is restrained, compared to other oud fragrances I've met (vanille oud, m7, cruel intentions, midnight oud, black oud), and it seems to focus on the ambery wood smell of oud. The scent didn't have so much sillage and I got a average lonvevity on skin. My overall impression is that nejma five is an oud for non aoud lovers. I don't know if I would want a bottle of this one, but it made me curious to try the others on this line.

More insights on these frags? Which one would you recommend? If amongst bnoters, Black Aoud is the most popular from Montale, which one is it going to be from this fragrance house?

Sur la Plage

Not interested in the last two.
    Because of the size of the bottle?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 7th December 2010 at 08:02 PM.

Of the six that I have, for me my favorite is Nejma One. Like the oud and tobacco heart notes.

Of the six that I have, for me my favorite is Nejma One. Like the oud and tobacco heart notes.
    +1.

I'm testing Nejma Puro from a sample vial, and while I really like it, it doesn't seem to be lasting very well on my skin; 3 or 4 hrs at most. The top notes are very beautiful and the heart is interesting. I can easily detect the Rum, Lime, and Mint, and to a lesser extent, the Cinnamon and 'Cuban Cigar'. I'm still a bit disappointed in the dry-down though, after this, my second wearing.
    Last edited by morrison74; 27th August 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

i got Nejma Six today..it is not fruity like others say..more like incensy balmy ..top notes are short lived and it goes real fast into middle notes

I have samples One and Two. Both are good. Two is a rose-oud combo. Bright and fresh and smooth. Reminds me oud Aoud Damascus but smoother.

Nejma One is a balmy, tobacco, oud, soft fragrance. Both are good. Since I do have a lot of rose oud frags, I wouldn't mind having Nejma One.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I have samples One and Two. Both are good. Two is a rose-oud combo. Bright and fresh and smooth. Reminds me oud Aoud Damascus but smoother.

Nejma One is a balmy, tobacco, oud, soft fragrance. Both are good. Since I do have a lot of rose oud frags, I wouldn't mind having Nejma One.
    IMO I & II stand out in the series of 6. Glad you liked them.