Code of Conduct

Thread: Bond High Line

Default Bond High Line

From their email this morning:

The World's First Railroad Perfume.
    The scent of wildflowers, green grasses
    ... and urban renewal.

The scent starts off with a prairie of grazing weed purple love grass- mixed with citrusy bergamot and zesty Indian rhubarb. The perfume's floral heart is red-leaf rose, Lady Jane tulips, and grape hyacinth.
    Its lingering base notes combine bur oak-from the sheltering tree that thrives here- with imported sea moss, to evoke the Hudson River's proximity, along with musk and teakwood, to remind us that Bond No. 9 High Line is a metro- perfume.

Notes: Bergamot, Purple Love Grass, Indian Rhubard, Red Leaf Rose, Tulips, Grape Hyacinth and Bur Oak.

Has anyone tried it yet? After a few have left me underwhelmed in a row, I'm not rushing out to try it, but it does have a great bottle. It sounds a bit floral to work work as unisex, but so do some of their others that work well across the board.

Last edited by jrd4t; 2nd March 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Bond High Line

If it smells like Windsor and Ganja, I'm in.

Im looking fwd to this too.......I really like the oud(gold bottle)....

Somehow the scent of urban renewal doesn't appeal to me.

Will be glad to try it sometime, though.

I do think the bottle looks cool.

I would like to hear some BNer reviews on this!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I tried this and was unimpressed. I liked the bottle.

It's a very common-smelling lily/floral scent and nothing remarkable. I would not venture to call this a unisex unless you are very fond of florals.
    Last edited by Primrose; 8th March 2010 at 01:10 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I went to try it on Friday at Saks in Vegas and they didnt receive the shipment. The SA gave me the magazine strip sample to smell and it was very floral and fresh. She assured me that it wont be as floral on skin, so I am going back to try it on Tuesday.

I tried it at the Beverly Hills Saks, like Primrose said nothing remarkable.

Thank God I sampled this before buying. Almost bought it online. They should have named it Flower Train. This is unisex? It's definitely way too floral for me.

I tried it again......going to try it again a few more times. I like the floral, way toned down from the magazine sample but I still am unsure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Thank God I sampled this before buying. Almost bought it online. They should have named it Flower Train. This is unisex? It's definitely way too floral for me.
    I have to agree.....way to floral for sure.....I don't buy into the unisex approach with this at all.....this would be way better on my Wife than me.....I am a BIG Bond No.9 fan.....but will have to pass on this.....Gary

I forgot to mention that the Bottle Rocks.....Gary