Code of Conduct

Default my father is a fraddict

on a recent trip he forgot to pack a scent. i didn't bring one because didn't want to risk exposing them to heat as i've had frags turn on me while traveling. he asked me about 5 times if i had any cologne. he had sweaty palms and looked like he needed a spray. as soon as our business meeting with our supplier ended he bought perfume.

here's the thing... he doesn't know basenotes/ creed/ luca turin/ chandler burr so and so. should i give him a creed or his first niche? i think he'd enjoy the guide. i also told him about paris exclusives only being sold there and he goes well who's gonna buy that?

i'm a so so cologne guy as i have other more expensive hobbies but i think this is his thing.

Default Re: my father is a fraddict

I have to address a very important issue on this board:

after I became a fragrance aficionado, my dad, a far more low-profile, unassuming, frugal guy, than I will ever be, became a fragrance addict, now he's very careful even when he chooses his aftershaves, deos and shaving creams, not to mention frags and in all cases, the fabulous smell is the main issue or the main factor; his passion started quite late, but not too late to discover the wonderful world of frags, and while I'm happy that we share a similar hobby, I somehow have a guilty conscience that as a son, I was a bad (although with pretty good, yet expensive frag tastes) example to him