Code of Conduct

Default Re: Aqua Oleum Mysore Sandalwood

Hi. I just bought some Mysore Sandalwood from Aqua Oleum. I don't have the greatest amount of experience with Mysore Sandalwood, and am still a bit of a noob, so I was hoping some others might be able to comment on the Aqua Oleum stuff. It smells like it's about right to me (I had a sample of Mysore Sandalwood from profumo.it recently, so I've got that as a point of comparison), and there's certainly a big difference between it and Aqua Oleum's New Caledonian Sandalwood, which I also bought recently, but at the moment I'm not able to tell much more than that. Could you folks let me know any thoughts you might have? Cheers.

I am soon going to buy their Bourbon Vetiver Oil which has ardent fans on the board. I was also considering getting a small sample of their Mysore Sandalwood Oil. Can you perhaps compare the oil to any sandalwood fragrance that you have tried/owned?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I am soon going to buy their Bourbon Vetiver Oil which has ardent fans on the board. I was also considering getting a small sample of their Mysore Sandalwood Oil. Can you perhaps compare the oil to any sandalwood fragrance that you have tried/owned?
    The sandalwood fragrance I have that it seems most comparable to is the profumo.it Mysore Sandalwood. Having compared the two, I think (and I could easily be wrong about this, since as I said I'm a bit of a noob and don't have the greatest amount of experience with Mysore sandalwood) that the Aqua Oleum stuff is legitimate Mysore, but not of as high a quality as the profumo.it. This may possibly be due to not being as aged (I think I read somewhere on BN that the profumo.it stuff is something like 15 years old, though don't quote me). The differences between the two may also be partly due to the dilution of the profumo.it product (I think it's roughly EDC concentration), which I was trying to compare with the pure oil from Aqua Oleum, so I wasn't comparing like with like. These tentative thoughts are as much as I'm able to offer in answer to your question, but I hope that's helpful anyway. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the Aqua Oleum oil if/when you get your hands on it.

Basenotes Institution

Where did you buy the Aqua Oleum?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Where did you buy the Aqua Oleum?
    http://www.aqua-oleum.co.uk/

Basenotes Institution

I just bought some. I will post my thoughts when it arrives!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

How do you like it? Also, what size did you order?

Basenotes Institution

I love it.

Now that I have several versions of Mysore Sandalwood oil to smell I can see what people mean when they say it smells 'new'. An aged Mysore sandalwood oil has a certain depthness to it that is missing in non-aged oil. This oil is very 'new' and so of course it smells fantastic but I just keep thinking - this would smell FANTASTIC in about 5-10 years. So...I'm going to put it away in storage and get back to it.

I bought 5 ml. Delivered to, with shipping, it cost me $33.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

That's what I've been doing - just forget them for a while & wear the Amouage one occasionally!

Basenotes Institution

The one from profumo.it is very wearable, for now. Nice and aged. Highly recommended.

-- Eckhart Tolle