Code of Conduct

Thread: Bleecker Street

Default Bleecker Street

Last weekend I was with my wife in New Orleans for a friends 40th B-Day getaway. We were staying at the Ritz and their gift shop had Bond No. 9. Now it has been close to 2 years since I tried Bond and I really didn't even know what bottles were what. The first one on the table had a green and purple psychodelic design and I sprayed a shot onto the wrist after sniffing the sprayer. I really, really enjoyed it. Found out it was Bleecker Street and was impressed. The weather was sunny and high 60s and it projected well. I continuously got the the violet but to tell you the truth no one real note stood out...it just came across as fresh and perfect for warm weather. There was a Cool Water/GIT vibe to it but it was different in a way that it didn't stand out to be like those....if that makes sense. It lasted all day on my arm. Good to know if I ever went that direction.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 3rd March 2010 at 02:24 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Bleecker Street

I like it too. I think the "differentness" you were smelling is the added earthiness in Bleecker, compared to GIT etc.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I like it too. I think the "differentness" you were smelling is the added earthiness in Bleecker, compared to GIT etc.
    Yeah there was definitely a little of that. It toned it down but still had a green freshness. Again, the longevity for one shot was great and it really was a nice suprise.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

When I saw your thread I was motivated to try my sample. Definitely a nice violet leaf note with some bright florals. I always think of violet leaf as having a "silvery" tone. That being said, you might also like Gramercy Park and Wall Street which have a greener character. This is a fresh scent, a bit aquatic. Pleasant!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas