Code of Conduct

Default Ever heard of these all-natural brands/got some pointers?

The other day I happened on a shop (self-titled "natural drugstore") which turned out to carry several unkown-to-me all-natural perfume brands. Anyone familiar with these?
    Alqvimia
    Farfalla
    Florascent
    Lavera

I only smelt the Farfalla ones in passing, and none of the others as the main purpose of the visit was their jasmine absolues. Farfalla and Lavera seem to fall halfway in between aromatherapy and perfume, but Florascent especially looked very promising (à propos, as I was Googling I found out that a lot of Florascent perfumes are currently on 20% sale at saffronrouge.com - not affiliated of course, never heard of the site before.)

Anyone know more about these lines or know of a must-smell from them?
    Last edited by Morgaine; 3rd March 2010 at 05:52 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Default Re: Ever heard of these all-natural brands/got some pointers?

Honore Des Pres have release some new ones which are organic and I would say must be natural.

www.honoredespres.com

Space NK in the UK are stocking them and I got samples of Sexy Angelic and Honore's Trip to try. Sorry have not tested them yet.
    DONNA

Florascent is a German firm and I've tested many of them at the organic clothing store near us, who stock Farfalla (Swiss) and Lavera (German) as well. As you correctly perceive, the latter are cosmetics firms who also make scents, and that's what their offerings tend to smell like - essential oil blends, not perfumes, sometimes pleasant, sometimes atrocious. However, I have not tried too many of the women's scents. The men's tend to be better, because they are simple - Farfalla Vetiver and Uomo are nice, plain citrus thingys. Frafalla's bath and massage oil are nice and their sandalwood products used to smell Mysore-fantastic (now they're just good). As to Florascent - IMO they lack the skill of Dominique Dubrana - many are overly dense, unbalanced, poorly structured and ultimately not impressive. "Traditional 17th century Perfumery" is their motto, and even Mandy Aftel writes in her book Essence & Alchemy that premodern compositions tended to be, with few exceptions, agglomerations more than compositions. Florascent proves her right, involuntarily. However, the line is huge and you're likely to find something enjoyable, the ones I distinctly remember liking were Vetyver and Regia. I have not tried any of their new lines yet (Extraits & Petit Fleurs).
    Last edited by the_good_life; 4th March 2010 at 08:34 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Alqvimia ( means Alchemy in Spanish) is recognised on the Greenpeace website as 1 of only 2 entirely natural perfumes. Their Queen of Egypt Eau De Toilette is fantastic and therapeutic along with smelling divine! They have receltly laucnced a perfume oil called Sensuality Body Nectar woman which is magical! I get my supplies from www.beautyasbliss.com
    Last edited by Julessharp; 4th March 2010 at 10:25 AM.

The good life & jules, thanks! The lady who owns the shop told me they were German & Swiss brands (she's German herself), but it's good to have some extra info. I'll report back if and when I get a chance to sniff some of the line out.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Hi again, just remembered the Beauty as Bliss company do send out free samples of some of their products. May be worth a try!