View Poll Results: Better summer fragrance is:

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thierry Mugler Cologne

53 54.08%
  • Yves Saint Laurent Jazz Live

45 45.92%

Default Mugler Cologne vs Jazz Live

After some research on BN this 2 became my favourites for new summer scent. They both get lot of love here. I cant sample them so it would be blind buy.

FWIR here, Live Jazz is long lasting and not typical summer fragrance. Its super cheap, and mint note sounds interesting to me (i love mint on Le Male opening) but I am afraid that it could be dated for my taste.

Mugler cologne sounds like super fresh clean scent but compared to Jazz Live it is quite expensive and maybe too simple?.

Which one do you prefer? Which has better longetivity? Which is more serious and which more sporty?

Default Re: Mugler Cologne vs Jazz Live

I prefer the Mugler Cologne. I think the Live Jazz is better in a formal setting, but the Mugler Cologne is better in a casual setting.

So, to answer your question:

Mugler Cologne = more sporty

Live Jazz = more serious.

Sur la Plage

I like both, but would choose Mugler.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I found Mugler Cologne overpowering and kind of boring in a nondescript fresh/green way.

Both a fresh and good for summer, but Live Jazz simply has more interesting notes and better development.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 3rd March 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Live Jazz

Basenotes Plus

I voted Mugler Cologne, but I like Live Jazz a lot too
    I love cologne.

Live Jazz.

The Summer heat brings out the best of live Jazz, so Live Jazz.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Mugler cologne of course!
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

I'm gonna go with Live Jazz because its more unique, in my honest opinion. Not to mention, the fragrance's development is amazing in the warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I found Mugler Cologne overpowering
    Really? I have the splash bottle and I don't even think it's possible to put too much on.

Thumbs up Re: Mugler Cologne vs Jazz Live

Try the Paul Smith "Story" a little cheaper than Mugler but similar and better.

Live Jazz. It's unique and can be had at a much lower $$$

live jazz is awesome! it reminds me of an old dirty book youd see at the library. its sits in the corner and no one ever checks it out, collecting dust. it has a cheap cover(cheap box this frag has) and no pictures(very straight forward bottle) but man its a great scent for what it costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    live jazz is awesome! it reminds me of an old dirty book youd see at the library. its sits in the corner and no one ever checks it out, collecting dust. it has a cheap cover(cheap box this frag has) and no pictures(very straight forward bottle) but man its a great scent for what it costs!
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    I found Mugler Cologne overpowering
    Really? I have the splash bottle and I don't even think it's possible to put too much on.
    Yeah, it surprised me too! But I received consistent and repeated feedback from friends who rarely comment on my scents that I'd overapplied cologne, when I'd only used 2-3 sprays. It lasted all day.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 4th March 2010 at 03:52 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

21 year old male here.

Mugler cologne: casual with friends.
    Live Jazz: out to dinner with older crowd.

Live jazz is definitely an older refined fragrance, and while its appealing, its just not as youthful for me.

Mugler Cologne most definitely. It's a very uplifting unique fragrance.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Live Jazz is so damn refreshing, it's just wonderful. Absolutely perfect for a scorching day.

Last time I tried MC, I just got some weird salty slightly soapy stuff. Wasn't nearly as clean and refreshing as I was hoping. Been wanting to give it another chance though, what with all the good feedback from here.

Though my answer comes a bit late, I would prefer Mugler Cologne anytime

It's a fifty/fifty.
    I love to wear both in spring and summer.
    While Mugler Cologne suits my optimistic, more extrovert moods,
    Live Jazz is for moments to reflect; almost a philosophical frag, like L'Homme Sage.

(p s : Guys, p l e a s e honor your fine fragrances by not misspelling them or using your own akas instead. I have seen certain errors not only duplicated or triplicated. Tabac Blond(e), for example, has more often misspelled than spelled properly recently, even by some of our seniors.)
    Last edited by narcus; 17th March 2010 at 04:02 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Aspen is better than both of em!!.. j/k Live Jazz by a mile.. Not a fan of the mugler cologne or creed original vetiver type scents.. too green and grassy for my taste.

though one...i think a like the Mugler cologne more but Live Jazz has more staying power and as stated above is a more interesting fragrance...love them both though
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; 17th March 2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Knize Ten !

Blog Entries

This one may be too close to call Dreamer81. I've only tried Mugler Cologne (and love it), so I didn't vote. The only practical solution I see is getting them both.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Agreed here. I would watch an entire Will Ferrel movie if it meant I could have a stronger Mugler Cologne.

Live Jazz is great too.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

My choice would be Mugler Cologne

I found Mugler Cologne to be forgettable and Live Jazz unforgettable. Live Jazz can't be pigeonholed to a certain age. I think a boy in elementary school would pull it off as well as a CEO. It's clean, manly, and beautiful, and gets even better when it dries down.

I found Mugler Cologne overpowering and kind of boring in a nondescript fresh/green way.

Both a fresh and good for summer, but Live Jazz simply has more interesting notes and better development.
    Mugler Cologne is very overpowering on my skin, too. It really blooms after about 4-6 hours and the musk is just roaring loud.

I'm inclined to believe that those who think it fade fast are anosmic or hyposmic to the musk.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Tough choice but I would give the edge to Live Jazz. It smells more unique and is perfect for summer.

Mugler Cologne is linear in its development, easy to wear, but not all that exciting nor memorable. Live Jazz is remarkable from start to finish, its progression from bright and tart to green and clean to that soft amber-y drydown perfectly executed. It is not only memorable, but as previously stated, unforgettable.

Regards,
    T

DeepSilence

exciting competition ! Run YSL ! Run

Considering the prices of both, Live Jazz is a steal!

Live Jazz has more personality and stays longer.
    Last edited by GodISmellGood; 26th March 2010 at 07:09 PM.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    Considering the prices of both, Live Jazz is a steal!
    if we consider the prices, Clive christian, amouage, Creed... all of the time are loser in votings

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    if we consider the prices, Clive christian, amouage, Creed... all of the time are loser in votings
    Where is amouage and creed coming into picture from?

This thread compares LiveJazz and Mugler cologne. My vote goes to Live Jazz because among other things, it's less expensive. And like GodISmellGood mentioned, it's got more personality, and stays longer (among other things). I only mentioned what I thought was important too.

DeepSilence

Where is amouage and creed coming into picture from?

This thread compares LiveJazz and Mugler cologne. My vote goes to Live Jazz because among other things, it's less expensive. And like GodISmellGood mentioned, it's got more personality, and stays longer (among other things). I only mentioned what I thought was important too.
    I mean never we can't consider prices in compare two or several fragrances. not just this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    I mean never we can't consider prices in compare two or several fragrances. not just this thread.
    Of course we can (I just did).

What's the point in spending more money to buy something that's not as good as what's available for a lower price?! I understand smell is subjective, and this opinion of what's better, is of course is subjective to my taste.

I only mentioned that as a added bonus, LJ comes at a lower price.

Live Jazz is so nice that it makes me want to blind buy every YSL fragrance.

DeepSilence

Of course we can (I just did).

What's the point in spending more money to buy something that's not as good as what's available for a lower price?! I understand smell is subjective, and this opinion of what's better, is of course is subjective to my taste.

I only mentioned that as a added bonus, LJ comes at a lower price.
    you are right. never i don't waste my money for very expensive fragrances. because simply i consider the price. and i could have many cheap choices. whoever wants, can consider price.
    but accept in this thread prices is too close that we want to consider it.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 27th March 2010 at 07:58 AM.

Mugler Cologne all the way. LJ is nice but MC is really, really fresh and invigorating.

It isn't that I won't buy expensive fragrances. We all buy what we like. I own some expensive fragrances, and I think they do have a certain class.

But yes, in this case I'd agree that the prices difference is less than 10$ only. But still, in this case I tend to lean towards the less expensive fragrance (that's because I think both are equally good, if not Live Jazz is slightly better).

For a hot summers day Mugler Cologne is fantastic, it just fits perfectly. Its not over complicated true but on a very hot day i just want something simple, light, fresh and clean smelling.
    And if your worried about longevity you can get a 25ml refillable bottle of the TM:C or a travelo and take it with you. Simples

Mugler Cologne is amazing

I still don't like coriander/mint in Live Jazz. Haven't tried Mugler Yet, but I do have a clean scent in Geir. Geir or Mugler Cologne?

Such pleasant, fresh and unobtrusive perfumes. Love them both!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Live Jazz is so nice that it makes me want to blind buy every YSL fragrance.
    That is what happened to me, but with Rive Gauche and YSL PH. I thought any house that could come up with these two extraordinary yet very different fragrances must have something extraordinarily good going on.

Thanks for feedback everyone . One more question. It is mint in Live Jazz atleast bit similliar with mint opening of Le Male?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Thanks for feedback everyone . One more question. It is mint in Live Jazz atleast bit similliar with mint opening of Le Male?
    I own Live Jazz (and am smelling it on my arm as I type this), but it's been a long time since I have smelled Le Male. I think the mint in Live Jazz smells like MINT LEAF, but the mint in Le Male's opening smells like MINT TOOTHPASTE. I like both Le Male and Live Jazz. I'm going to be wearing Live Jazz A LOT! Be careful with Live Jazz, though. My mom smelled it on my skin and said "wow that smells expensive". I sprayed it on her skin and she said "it reminds me of a litter box". She actually smelled ammonia in it! To one of my buddies here, it smells like salsa. To me it smells like citrus and mint, and is MUCH better than Mugler Cologne. Blind buying is never a good idea, but sometimes a necessary evil. Good luck, dreamer81!

Have owned and worn both and Mugler is my preferance.

I would probably go for Mugler, but to be honest, I got bored of both of them fairly quickly
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Mugler is better to me, very fresh and nice, live jazz is fresh too but it has a certain note that i cannot describe but i do not like it.

I'm not that enthralled by either.
    Mugler's Cologne has nothing masculine about it, and Live Jazz, well I just always preferred the original Jazz to it.
    Renato

the original jazz was better