Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Freak 'em out: ask 'em what they're wearing

I've certainly enjoyed reading this tread. Silver Mountain Water ? She has good taste. A always felt women were less inclined to wear a guys fragrance. I'm not a big fan of Creed, but Silver Mountain Water is very good.

And now, I do want to ask people what they are wearing.....but I just cannot SMELL anything one them. Maybe some shampoo ? I think I once smelled fried chicken on a few passer's by. Seriously though, I never smell fragrance during the daytime. One of these days, a van will stop beside me, and 4 men will get out and beat me to a bloody pulp for wearing a fragrance during the daytime.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I've certainly enjoyed reading this tread. Silver Mountain Water ? She has good taste. A always felt women were less inclined to wear a guys fragrance. I'm not a big fan of Creed, but Silver Mountain Water is very good.

And now, I do want to ask people what they are wearing.....but I just cannot SMELL anything one them. Maybe some shampoo ? I think I once smelled fried chicken on a few passer's by. Seriously though, I never smell fragrance during the daytime. One of these days, a van will stop beside me, and 4 men will get out and beat me to a bloody pulp for wearing a fragrance during the daytime.
    In my area I never smell fragrances during the daytime either except on girls. Which I like because that means I can get away with wearing the so called more popular ones if I choose to. Then again I only get close to girls so maybe that is the reason, cause I do come across ladies wearing fragrances, which isn't surprising.

I sometimes get uncomfortable when people ask me what I'm wearing for cologne (doesn't happen often), but I don't have any hang-ups about asking someone else, a guy or a woman, what they're wearing. I just don't get many opportunities because where I live people rarely wear perfumes.

Late last week a sales clerk in the Menswear section at a local department store was wearing a perfume I recognised but couldnt quite put my finger on. I saw it as a challenge but still hadnt guessed it by the time she was bagging my purchase. I ended up relenting and asking her "what perfume are you wearing?"... she then swung into this lengthy exposition about how she never likes to reveal her perfume, and that some things should stay a mystery. It peeved me a little (I was rolling my eyes behind my closed lids)... but as she handed me the bag I suddenly got it, and said "AH! Its Dune by Dior".
    Her face dropped. LOL!
    I just took my purchase, shot her a knowing wink and turned on my heel. I actually chuckled aloud to myself as I reached the escalators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Late last week a sales clerk in the Menswear section at a local department store was wearing a perfume I recognised but couldnt quite put my finger on. I saw it as a challenge but still hadnt guessed it by the time she was bagging my purchase. I ended up relenting and asking her "what perfume are you wearing?"... she then swung into this lengthy exposition about how she never likes to reveal her perfume, and that some things should stay a mystery. It peeved me a little (I was rolling my eyes behind my closed lids)... but as she handed me the bag I suddenly got it, and said "AH! Its Dune by Dior".
    Her face dropped. LOL!
    I just took my purchase, shot her a knowing wink and turned on my heel. I actually chuckled aloud to myself as I reached the escalators.
    LOL now THAT was smooth, awesome story!

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post
    I don't encounter many wearing fragrances, but when I do I usually ask. Most of the time it is a polite response.

I did ask our Human Resources rep at work one day what she was wearing. I had a meeting with her, a pretty attractive older-than-me woman, and I really liked her scent. I was a bit nervous about asking, afraid she'd question my motives, and her being in HR and all. But I went for it anyway. I think it did surprise her to be asked, and she just said she'd have to check the bottle when she got home and tell me the next day. She never did, and I didn't ask again. Oh well.

Another time I asked another male coworker (and also a pretty close friend) what he was wearing. It really embarrassed him for some reason, and he claimed it was just a new deodorant. I know it wasn't just deodorant, but he never told me either.

I think you are right DustB, fragrance is different.
    Is it possible to not know what fragrance you wear? Do you think she forgot to tell you,I don't think that.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Not once, not even a single time in the 3+ years of near daily frag wearing has a single soul asked me what I was wearing. Only one two word compliment " Nice smell" given in that time as I recall but I cannot remember what fragrance I was wearing at the time. Interesting the lack of interest and/or critical smellers, as I have worn two different frags daily and probably 275 different scents in that period of some 1200 days and almost every day been close to at least dozens of different folks. Not a problem though--more of a curiosity in my mind--as I wear frags for my own enjoyment.
    Last edited by kbe; 5th March 2010 at 07:55 PM.
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Complimenting someone on their appearance is such a no go except with friends, and it's too bad. No matter who you are, it appears to be flirtation or flattery. Some people have great looks, great fashion sense, or just a certain sense of dignity and poise that makes you want to tell them they look great. It has nothing to do with sex, but in my culture, it's just not acceptable.

It's a similar issue with fragrance. If I smell a great fragrance on a woman, at most it means I think she has great taste and I'd like to know its name - nothing more. But, how can I explain that without the explanation coming across as even weirder than the compliment?

"You smell great! I'd really like to know what you're wearing, and not have sex you."

Her face dropped. LOL!
    Now this is a story I'll remember a long time. What a great board when you can read stuff like this.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Her face dropped. LOL!
    Maybe she thought you were hitting on her and was just playing "hard to get".

She took my advice about women smelling amazing when they wear SMW. It really smells sexy on the female of the species.
    Last edited by adonis; 6th March 2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Maybe she thought you were hitting on her and was just playing "hard to get".
    Hmmm... its highly unlikely, as she was in her early 50s. I'm way out of her league! lol!