Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Parfumerie Generale

I tried a fragrance tonight that I found very pleasing from Parfumerie Generale. I have long liked Aomassai and I now add to the list; Iris Taizo. I must admit that I am partial to Iris fragrances but, the combination of ingredients created in this formulation simply is greater than the sum of the parts. It is Iris in a warm luscious base that keeps me thinking ummmmmh! I like it. It makes me feel like wearing a tux with wing tip collar, butterfly bow tie, diamond studs and links on frech cuffs, top hat, cape and cane. Shades of the Compte D'Orsay. Let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 4th March 2010 at 06:15 AM.

Default Re: Parfumerie Generale

I quite like Iris Taizo, but it's slightly too dry for me somewhere in its construction. A different fragrance with almost the same iris note is Cuir d'Iris, whichstrongly appeals, and has greater depth to my nose. It's my personal preference.

Default Re: Parfumerie Generale

I thought I would love this one from the notes but something about it annoys me after I have worn it for a while. I'm also really frustrated that I don't get any iris at all from Cuir d'Iris but I have a 10ml decant and I'm going to persevere 'til I damn well do. Felanilla is my favourite from the range and my favourite iris of them all - including Iris Silver Mist and and 28 LA Pausa. AND it has oakmoss !!!