Code of Conduct

Default Cuba Red - what a bargain!!

Ordered from Ebay - 2 x 35ml for less than $10 delivered to my door in UK!!!!

What a great fragrance for a bargain price - it is woody, cinnamon-spicy and has an almost photo-realistic unburnt cigarette tobacco note. I sprayed my wrist to test it when it arrived 24 hours ago. I've had 2 showers since and can still smell it clearly on my wrist - how's that for longevity!!

Just goes to show - quality doesnt always mean $$$ (or )

Default Re: Cuba Red - what a bargain!!

Yes, Cuba Red is an outstanding bargain and a great scent that is so much better than its price would suggest. I got my bottle for only $4.00! It's like a "poor man's Havana", though it's not as powerful as Havana.

The only other scent that beats it in terms of price-to-quality IMO is Pierre Cardin Pour Homme - I bought a Thermos-sized 8 oz. bottle for only $20, and the stuff is as good as any Guerlain I've smelled.

I agree! I've got Aramis Havana on now co-incidentally and I can still smell the remnants of the Cuba Red on my wrist from yesterday. They both smell very similar, albeit the Havana is sweeter and the Cuba is dryer with the distinct 'cigarette tobacco' note very prominent.

By the way Shamu1, which Pierre Cardin Pour Homme are you referring to? I've Googled it and there seems to be 2 different bottles - one is a space age looking chrome-topped bottle with yellow juice and the other is an icy looking bottle with blue juice. Which have you got?

I'm talking about the space age bottle w/yellow juice. Even though it's no longer labelled "Pour Homme" on the box, it's the original Pierre Cardin Pour Homme (though slightly reformulated). I don't know what that blue stuff is. When I see blue, I usually stay away.

I like Cuba Red because it doesn't have the strong lavender and geranium of Havana, but I'd say it's more like Burberry London for Men with most of the sweet/vanillic stuff removed. I stocked up, buying several of the 35 ml bottles. If you like Rochas Lui/Dunhill Desire (red) type frags, give Cuba Orange a try. Right now, I like CO better than any of the "originals" !

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I'm talking about the space age bottle w/yellow juice. Even though it's no longer labelled "Pour Homme" on the box, it's the original Pierre Cardin Pour Homme (though slightly reformulated). I don't know what that blue stuff is. When I see blue, I usually stay away.
    Pierre Cardin Pour Homme in the blue bottle is a 2008 release I believe. Very woody from my sampling. The formulation you're referring to goes by Pierre Cardin Pour Monsuier on the new boxes.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Pierre Cardin Pour Homme in the blue bottle is a 2008 release I believe. Very woody from my sampling. The formulation you're referring to goes by Pierre Cardin Pour Monsuier on the new boxes.
    You're right, it is the "Pour Monsieur" that I have. So easy to find in the drugstores in my area.

* pssst .....
    for all you Cuba Red admirers ....
    there's one called Cigar by Remy Latour that would bring a big smile of satisfaction to your faces !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    * pssst .....
    there's one called Cigar by Remy Latour that would bring a big smile of satisfaction to your faces !
    I had a bottle of Cigar years ago, but I wasn't wild about it. Not a bad scent, but it was too sweet and not spicy enough for my tastes. Plus, the atomizer leaked like hell. I tossed it.
    Last edited by shamu1; 6th March 2010 at 03:54 AM.

These little Cigar Shaped Frags are pretty good, and good value

I own Cuba Gold and I gotta say it's amazing. I'm not too enthused about any others from their house though as they have mixed reviews. I was told Red smells similar to Desire. Can any of you verify on that? Personally scents like Desire and Plus Plus repulse me.. they smell like body odor with abnormal sillage to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    * pssst .....
    Cigar seems to get a lot of hate, but I personally love it. In a way it reminds me of The Dreamer. It really does smell like cigars once you get past the first 5 minutes. This is one of those frags that smells completely different in the bottle compared to after being on your skin for a few minutes. I don't smoke, but I must say.. the aroma from a lit Cuban cigar is fantastic to me. I get this from Remy Latour's Cigar. I'd like to try their flanker Commander.. haven't really heard much about it.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 19th March 2010 at 03:57 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The Paris Cigar series is amazing for the price. The Red and Black are my favorites. Linear but very nice!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell