Code of Conduct

Default Monsoon (Coty 1994)

Remember the little royal blue pebble-like bottle with the walnut whip style gold lid?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elb_the_prof/3736015574/

It smelled very pretty, and I found this description:

"a crisp floral-green fragrance with notes of gardenia, lily, jasmine..."

Sadly it has been discontinued, and I can only find its flanker, Monsoon Eau (pale turquoise botte and lid), which smells nothing like the original.

Does anyone remember this lovely frag, or know of any similar?
    Last edited by goldiloks; 5th March 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Eva Pasco

Default Re: Monsoon (Coty 1994)

Goldilocks,

This is the first I'm hearing of Monsoon--I must have been under a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    Goldilocks,

This is the first I'm hearing of Monsoon--I must have been under a rock.
    Well, you kow, it wasn't all that popular I don't think. Cheap and cheerful. :P

I remember Monsoon! Unfortunately, all I remember is seeing it in stores when I was a kid, so I'm no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I remember Monsoon! Unfortunately, all I remember is seeing it in stores when I was a kid, so I'm no help at all.
    Hey no worries, it was a loooong time agi anyway. Just happy someone remembers! *sigh*

My mum loved this frag! I think my brother managed to find her a half full bottle on eBay, that was about a year and a half ago now! Good luck with your search.

Hi there!
    I love this fragrance and its so comforting to know that someone else adores it as much as I do!! My workmate recently came in smelling very similar to monsoon so I asked her what perfume it was and she told me it was Silver Rain by La Pairie? I did a search for it and found it quite dear so I thought I'd do a google for monsoon and came across this forum and other perfumes call monsoon, I'm tempted to try it even though I know it wont be the same as the original monsoon but surely it would smell like a monsoon. Shoot me an email if you have any thoughts and I'll let you know how my hunt goes!

=) Monsoon Hunter

2 bottles on ebay now! Go go go! (am skint so will not be bidding)

BTW, the new Monsoon frag smells nothing like our dear old walnut whip bottle!

Oh, Silver Rain.... I haven't sniffed this one, but the bottles look and feel great.

<off to read SR reviews!>
    Last edited by goldiloks; 29th March 2010 at 10:10 PM.

i remember monsoon, my aunt brought me a bottle when i was maybe 10 or 11, i think. i loved, and still love the fragrance. i even have kept the bottle it was in. i wish i could find some nowadays, the scent just reminds me of having no worries, and just being able to be a kid.

Blog Entries

The original Monsoon was renamed Coty Wild Lagoon at some point; it is still possible to find bottles of this on ebay. l got mine earlier this year, & l am pleased to report that it is still the same gorgeous scent!

The modern version is completely different; a lighter, quite generic fruity-floral.

l recently tried Silver Rain, & did not find it at all similar; on me it's a cloying, fruity mess with none of the deep rose & incense of Monsoon. Love the bottle though, & it's teardrop-shaped!!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.